Random acts of kindness

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Have you ever done a random act of kindness to anyone or been on the receiving end of one?

A friend recently went to a wedding and had to stay in a nearby hotel she went into the restaurant to have a meal and was a bit sad because she was dining out alone for the first time since her husband died. However she enjoyed a nice meal and asked for the bill, the waiter told her that her bill had been paid by a Canadian couple who had left the restaurant, apparently in Canada it’s an old tradition that if you see a women dining alone you pay the bill for her.

What a great story my friend was gobsmacked and couldn’t thank the couple because they had left but she is determined to pay their kindness on when she gets chance.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

What a lovely thing to have done , really are some real gems out there with hearts of gold , very touching . 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I always try to “pay it forward”whenever I’m in a cafe in any centre that I know helps the homeless. If I buy a sandwich and a tea, then I’ll pay again for someone who can’t adford it to have the same.

Not really random though as I do it whenever the opportunity arises. Without it turning political, it’s such a shame that a rich country like the UK has to stoop so low as it does currently.

Sorry. Politics done now!

When I worked at Trent Bridge I never bought my own drinks. The supporters recognised me in the bar after running the stand for the day and always lined them up for me!

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

Pay it forward is something I believe because this has been done for me while I training as chef and other times so I always pay it forward. 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I don't really go out of my way to be helpful towards strangers, in some cases I will help people if I see an accident or something similar but this is just being a decent human being.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I've said this before, probably a few times.

When I found out that a Notts fan I know was getting married and that they was struggling to find a photographer, I offered to take the pictures. I had no experience but I thought I could still do a good job, don't get me wrong I was nervous but excited too. @Tony Wood treated like part of his family, I was well looked after and I really enjoy being a part of the day. As a friend, I feel I would do it all again for him and even if I didn't - I think for certain people you can tell that it's worthwhile.

There are other things I could say but this is the thing i feel I have learned from by doing an act of kindness.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

5 hours ago, Chris said:

I've said this before, probably a few times.

When I found out that a Notts fan I know was getting married and that they was struggling to find a photographer, I offered to take the pictures. I had no experience but I thought I could still do a good job, don't get me wrong I was nervous but excited too. @Tony Wood treated like part of his family, I was well looked after and I really enjoy being a part of the day. As a friend, I feel I would do it all again for him and even if I didn't - I think for certain people you can tell that it's worthwhile.

There are other things I could say but this is the thing i feel I have learned from by doing an act of kindness.

Just a small acts of kindness like that makes the world a better place.👍🏻 @Tony Wood a fantastic bloke top lad 

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I once eat at a dinner about 5-years-ago where this young waitress was pregnant.

She was very hard working, polite and a few days after my first visit, I heard that she had gone into labour. I returned three days later after I had to go back in the direct in which I came, I popped into the same cafe and got talking to some of the regulars. It turns out the young mother had hardly any clothes, very little items in the house and the owner of the cafe was having a collection to help her out.

Me being the gent I am, I decided to offer the cafe's owner a lift to the nearest furniture store and we filled my truck with what space we had with items for the mother and child.

Many of the items I paid for myself, I felt it was the least I could do.

I also gave her a large check and told her to cash it in when she needed something next. I have a picture of the baby on my dashboard of my truck, and a thank you card in the side of my door. It reminds that sometimes a little help can go along way.

Archived