Waterworld, Stoke

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

No I'm not going to talk about a waterlogged pitch at Britannia Stadium. :biggrin:

We took our eldest Grandchildren to Waterworld in Stoke at the weekend. It's about an hours drive from Nottingham but worth the trip we thought.

We expected it to be absolutely packed after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor but the kids wanted to go because it was somewhere their Dad used to take them so we bit the bullet and made the journey. We were pleasantly surprised to find the car park with plenty of space and no queue to get in, we had considered buying a queue buster ticket on line for another £3 but glad we didn't. It cost £37 for a family ticket but Mrs. H. didn't want to swim so they put an arm band on her and said if she came back when we left she would get a £6 refund.

It's £1.50 for a token for the lockers but they are very big and enough room for 3 people clothes and we got a refund of 50p for taking our token back.

Once inside it is absolutely brilliant for kids, lots of flumes and water slides, including a flume that ends up coming down into a funnel and dropping you vertically into a deep tank, kids have to be a certain height for that one.

There are also rapids which literally sweep you off your feet and take you round into a dark cave like place via a strong current, once inside it was difficult to get out without being swept round again, the kids loved it. Wave machines are also a feature and the gentle sloping shore is ideal for little ones along with smaller flumes and things for toddlers and you can take little ones down the water slides with an adult.

Mrs. H. was happy to sit and watch us with a cup of coffee and her kindle at the poolside cafe and at lunch time we took a break from the fun and joined her for a lunch, me and Mrs. H. had a Pizza Slice with fries and coke, grandson had burger, fries and coke and healthy granddaughter had a ham pannini and salad with a drink of coke, the total cost was around £16.

We stayed 3 hours although we could have stayed as long as we wanted because it wasn't very busy but we had to get the kids back home. At busy periods I think the maximum stay is 3 hours. It was a very good day out and I can highly recommend it for anyone with children or grandchildren they want to entertain on a wet winters day, our grandchildren slept on the way home in the car they were that shattered. Grandad didn't take much rocking that night either. :biggrin:

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Lovely to read about an enjoyable day out Really pleased everyone enjoyed it.I think Joe and family have been and they enjoyed it too :thumbsup: 

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

Glad you all had a good day out

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

There is also a place at Mansfield called Water Meadows which is similar but on a much smaller scale so cheaper and nearer to get to but it isn't anywhere near as good as Waterworld.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Waterworld rules, Kate likes it and we took the children awhile back. First place Ava went swimming!

Glad you had a good time Tony, I like hearing about your trips.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Glad to hear you all had a good day out mate. Even better that the grankids were tired out to such an extent you didn't need to keep them entertained by the time you got home :thumbsup:

There's a place over at Poole about half an hour from here called Splashdown which is supposed to be very similar to the place Waterworld you describe. I've never been myself but it does look good

Archived