Notts County Ladies - Will You Be Going To Watch Them?

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I see that the Notts County Ladies team have signed two England players.

They are to play their games in the summer months at Meadow Lane (god help the pitch) but there are only 8 in the league they are playing in so they will play 7 homes games, they can't play in black and white stripes because the black block on the back of the shirt somehow clashes with the referees, so they will play in Notts present away shirts.

I'm not sure of admission prices but would you consider going to support the ladies. (No jokes about swapping shirts after the game please). :rolleyes:

I think I might give it a go if I wasn't camping or anything it might stave off the feeling of "cold turkey" I get when there is no football. Although having said that there will be the world cup starting in June of course.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

The whole episode of moving the club from Lincoln to Nottingham leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. It reeks of Wimbledon being moved to Milton Keynes. Football clubs have roots in the community and Lincoln Ladies were no different. Their club has been taken from them. For that reason, I wouldn't take any interest in the club's ladies team.

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i find it hard also to support a club which was originally formed away from the city it currently plays in and under a different name.

i hope they do well tho

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

If they do well, I see more watching. I wouldn't mind, I'll support Notts as a brand and although I'm not keen on the idea, I do think it's probably best for the growth of the ladies team. We can debate if that's right or wrong, though for me it's now our club.

Thinking of the standard of female players we can attract, it will no doubt raise the profile for the men's team too.

Just need to make sure the ladies side is managed by a manager, not a coach. This is progress we can't undo, as our men's team deserves renewed ambition because if we don't the season will only get harder.

Supporter+

Personally I feel the ladies team is higher up the priority list than the mens team. The mens team are suffering as a result. CK should be long gone at this stage.

Supporter+

Personally I feel the ladies team is higher up the priority list than the mens team. The mens team are suffering as a result. CK should be long gone at this stage.

Can't agree with your there @Dripsey3 I think Ray's focus will always be the men's team, the fact that CK is still here is, I think, is down to the fact that Ray is desperate to try and stick with him as he has publicly said that he is a long term appointment and he wants to bring some stability to the club. He will find it hard to back track on that now but the more losses we have the more he will have to reconsider if we are not to be relegated which is the last thing that Ray will want.

Supporter+

I see it it another way Tony. I don't think RT wants the expense of removing CK and replacing him with someone else. With 3 teams, resources are going to be limited, I think RT sees the rugby and ladies as better options.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

If I was 40 years younger I'd be playing for them not watching! :rollonfloorlaughing:

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

I see it it another way Tony. I don't think RT wants the expense of removing CK and replacing him with someone else. With 3 teams, resources are going to be limited, I think RT sees the rugby and ladies as better options.

ray supposedly sold the club, i dont believe it. i think hes still behind the scenes of the rugby club but because we wasnt going to plan and the fact they was not either, i think he tried to focus more on us.

tho when he sold the rugby club, he should have found a different location for them to play at before making any deals.

Supporter+

As far as I am aware Ray doesn't own the Rugby club any more, we just let them lease our ground.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

If I was 40 years younger I'd be playing for them not watching! :rollonfloorlaughing:

I hope you were better at football than you were at pool. :rollonfloorlaughing: Just to get myself out of the hole I just dug myself I will add that Granny was a very good (and I mean good) darts player.

Supporter+

Go on Granny get your shorts on, I bet you could give these youngsters the run around.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

I think Super would struggle pushing me around a football pitch for 90 minutes.I think I'll stick to knitting. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Notts County Ladies Under-16s make League Cup semi-finals

Great news, sounds like we have a very solid young squad. It will be nice one day to see our youngsters playing for England, tho I think the mens team might have to wait for this to happen for them. Just about 10 years! ;)

You Pies

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  1

me and vicky have talked about taking harry to some matches specially if its cheaper then the mens team which i bloody well hope it is we dont go to many mens matches now as we refuse to pay the prices when u can see championship clubs for cheaper which i find to be a joke.

• 4 weeks later...

Just the news the ladies team will be hoping for!

"Notts County Ladies duo Sophie Bradley and Ellen White will be part of the England squad which will defend the Cyprus Cup in March."

Good Luck Ladies! Remember it's two for Joy!! :thumbsup::frantics::D

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I Think I read adults £6 concessions £3 but if anyone is thinking of going regularly then the season ticket at £30 would be a good move.

I will look out for the results, but cant see myself going down tbh.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,902
  • Days Won:  17

I'm not really bothered.

Archived