Notts County Vs Bristol City

Chris

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Have to say at 5pm I was feeling pretty low following today's result which I thought was a 1-0 loss. It was only on the way home when I went on Twitter to see how other clubs our end of the table had done I saw someone say Notts 1-1 Bristol City. Had a mini celebration when I saw that confirmed, clearly my phone was a bit slow today! Felt like a win to me lol!

Having seen our penalty incident I've not got a clue what it was awarded for, but we've had so many decisions go against us this season we shant complain. This sort of game, we'd have lost previously but by all accounts we kept pushing and deserved the draw. Although today's a game we would have wanted to win, 7 points out of 9 is a decent return and has put us right back into the mix. Improvements are there for all to see.

Well done Notts, bring on Vale. Lee Hughes to score an injury time OG to win us the game ;)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

good performance and result, happy to say we got something from it. we actually deserved it!

thanks for the video joe... you pies!

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

I do not know how some of their players managed to remain on the field! Thugs, clear pushing and dangerous challenges.

Relieved to see Notts come away with the draw, deserved something from the game for sure. Notts played well, defence looked the best I have seen personally and Bart did well, two times he denied them a clear goal chance and from one on one's. Well Done You Pies!  

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

Have to say at 5pm I was feeling pretty low following today's result which I thought was a 1-0 loss. It was only on the way home when I went on Twitter to see how other clubs our end of the table had done I saw someone say Notts 1-1 Bristol City. Had a mini celebration when I saw that confirmed, clearly my phone was a bit slow today! Felt like a win to me lol!

Having seen our penalty incident I've not got a clue what it was awarded for, but we've had so many decisions go against us this season we shant complain. This sort of game, we'd have lost previously but by all accounts we kept pushing and deserved the draw. Although today's a game we would have wanted to win, 7 points out of 9 is a decent return and has put us right back into the mix. Improvements are there for all to see.

Well done Notts, bring on Vale. Lee Hughes to score an injury time OG to win us the game ;)

I was listening to the game on my phone whilst i was shopping with the wife & kids and I got more than a few strange looks when i was celebrating our goal in the otherwise calm & quiet clothing department at my local Tesco!!

• Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I agree with Muddy Patch pie that the Liddle injury was a big blow and it affected our game we certainly missed him but Notts battled back well and deserved the point.

The ref certainly didn't endear himself to either camp with some very baffling decisions, the tackle on Liddle I felt would have been a foul anywhere else on the pitch and both pens looked very soft, ours was definitely an attempt to even things up by a ref who was completely out of his depth. Back to the Sunday league for him I think.

Nice to see Cotterill get a good reception from the main stand, it's a shame he got abuse from the kop though.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

As Tony has said shame that Cotterrill Kopped for some abuse. I do say though that even Krankie could have got that team promoted.

As for the game, I couldn't listen to Colin due to stuff going on here, so I used William hill and watched the commentary.

Was really happy in the end to come away with a point. The game was physical and hard fought, which I suspected it would be all along.

Shame we couldn't get the 3 points, but it keeps the unbeaten run going.

Oh and I See Super and Granny have both got the runs :lol:

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

I went to the match yesterday with Nottsjoe,Super_pie and Ellie.We met up with Joejones and Drew.We sat at the front of the Kop.The atmosphere was terrific and noisy as I listened on Joe's mobile to The Rams.I'm glad I was there to witness the bizarre refereeing in person.I agree with the comments above.He should have sent at least one Bristol player off and all credit to Notts for not reacting to their rough-house tactics.Both penalties were soft but at least Notts did something The Rams couldn't do and scored their penalty.Notts thoroughly deserved the draw though it's a shame the big guy didn't score with the last kick of the match.An enjoyable afternoon spoiled by an incompetent referee.Keep on producing this kind of effort and commitment and Notts will soon be climbing the table to safety and beyond. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

The referee was doing his first Division 3 game (sorry I don't use the new, idiotic, naming system), not as it says elsewhere on the site, his first football league game. However, he was visited by the assessor at half-time, which is unusual.

Obviously the assessor shared some of the views of the crowd!

Supporter+

I went to the match yesterday with Nottsjoe,Super_pie and Ellie.We met up with Joejones and Drew.We sat at the front of the Kop.The atmosphere was terrific and noisy as I listened on Joe's mobile to The Rams.I'm glad I was there to witness the bizarre refereeing in person.I agree with the comments above.He should have sent at least one Bristol player off and all credit to Notts for not reacting to their rough-house tactics.Both penalties were soft but at least Notts did something The Rams couldn't do and scored their penalty.Notts thoroughly deserved the draw though it's a shame the big guy didn't score with the last kick of the match.An enjoyable afternoon spoiled by an incompetent referee.Keep on producing this kind of effort and commitment and Notts will soon be climbing the table to safety and beyond. :thumbsup:

Nice to hear your views Mr. Ram, I think you have been to more Notts matches than you have Derby now haven't you?

I did read on facebook that you were attending with Joe and I did try to get down a bit earlier to the match to see if I could surprise you in the MLSB but it didn't work out.

I wore my grumpy Christmas hat which just happens to be black and white and on the front it says "Merry Bloody Christmas - Bah Humbug"

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Nice to hear your views Mr. Ram, I think you have been to more Notts matches than you have Derby now haven't you?

I did read on facebook that you were attending with Joe and I did try to get down a bit earlier to the match to see if I could surprise you in the MLSB but it didn't work out.

I wore my grumpy Christmas hat which just happens to be black and white and on the front it says "Merry Bloody Christmas - Bah Humbug"

As well as yesterday I attended one of the pre-season friendlies and last season saw Notts beat Bury 4 - 1(Bloody freezing cold that night).The last time I saw The Rams was a few Christmas's ago at the donkey sanctuary(less said the better).Prior to that the whole family, including Granny ,attended the pre-season friendly at Meadow Lane which The Rams won. :angel: So, yes,recently I've seen more of Notts live though in the 60's,70's,80's and 90's I very rarely missed a Rams home match as well as going to a lot of away matches.

We didn't go in The MLSB but had a drink inside the ground at the end of the Kop Stand(I had Harvest Pale-Very nice).It would have been very nice to have met you(a meeting of two great minds :rollonfloorlaughing: )Hopefully I will be coming again this season, so who knows,perhaps we'll meet then. :thumbsup:

Wish I'd witnessed you in the hat.

Supporter+

Wish I'd witnessed you in the hat.

I felt a bit of a prat actually, I thought lots of people would be wearing silly hats, clothes etc., but I was the only one around us, good job I didn't go for the whole fancy dress thing. :phew:

And I thought you only wore hats for weddings and bar mitzvah's

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

I felt a bit of a prat actually, I thought lots of people would be wearing silly hats, clothes etc., but I was the only one around us, good job I didn't go for the whole fancy dress thing. :phew:

so it was you in the christmas jumper moaning about christmas? i would have said hello.  :lol:

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

I stayed up late last night well beyond my bedtime, oddly I didn't want to miss the highlights and I hoped that those useless sods on the football league show would comment about the referee and even go as far to show some decent highlights. I was wrong!

Eager to see the extended highlights but I do not subscribe to the magpie player.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Better than losing and Super says we never gave up trying.He also mentioned the referee and the Bristol City tackles.The language he used is usually reserved for when Derby lose to a certain team.Lets get some good results over christmas and then really push on in the new year.

• Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

Thought it was bad when I saw it, but this makes it look even worse.

Listened to Cotterill on Bristol City Player. He said....."It's a fair tackle, he takes the ball. I know there's a furore about it but it's probably the only one the referee did get right."   

Un-be-lievable!!

http://www.thenottsblog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/GL.gif

For me it is the fact, that he wasn't in control of the tackle. You see this more and more now as a red card offence. Why did we have to have a YTS referee

Archived