Bayern Munich's Jerome Boateng : no child is born a racist

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,935
  • Days Won:  162

i dont think people are born racist, i think its about their upbringing and not just the parents.

i know of people who have borderline views who have very friendly parents, but they have fallen into the wrong crowds at school etc.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Jerome Boateng had a high-profile brush with racism a few years ago when a far-right politician stated he wouldn't want to live next door to him. The man responded with class and dignity, but no-one should have to listen to rubbish like that.

I'd say Germany is about 20 years behind the UK when it comes to racism. Jokes are made at the expense of ethnic minorities that would never be acceptable in Britain, even in the mainstream media. And if you're a person with Turkish name and you're applying for jobs, good luck - you're far less likely to be invited to an interview :(

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I've watched live games well before the media attention about crowds chanting offensive and, racists things. The French league had it a fair amount, as did the Italian league. It's quite sad, but the thing is the movement "black lives matter" doesn't change those narrow minded peoples opinions.

People aren't born racist, yet at the same time people can be brought up to have silly beliefs due to their upbringing.

PS. All Lives Matter...

Archived