neal ardley issues warning for notts over perfect start

liampie

Neal Ardley has warning for Notts County as he aims for perfect start.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/angry-neal-ardley-warning-notts-4570147

its not much of a warning or ardley being 'angry' but its interesting.

"You go through the basics of what it takes to win a game of football and the hard work, the stuff that was lacking against York City  last week," 

It doesn't really matter what is said, or printed.

It's just what we do on the day, it's fine to be coached, led to the pitch but the players have to deliver. At the same time Neal Ardley needs to understand the opposition, if we have done our homework I am confident that we can start the season off in the right way.

Personally, I would tell the players to express themselves, remain compact and, just take the game to them.

Enjoyment, confidence and, goals makes a huge difference in football.

It's already clear that there's a lot more pressure than last season, and that the players and manager are feeling it. On top of that, we've got a play-off defeat that evidently hasn't been banished from people's minds. We've never done well after losing in the play-offs.

We don't want the players to be bricking it before they've taken to the pitch. The trick that NA and GA now need to pull of is to channel this into determination to go one better, while also enabling the players to relax and enjoy their football.

2 hours ago, allardyces tash said:

Starting the season off better than last year against Eastleigh would make a change. I have faith that Neal Ardley will sort it.

Some of the players who started at Eastleigh hadn't even had a training session at Notts, so that's a low bar to set. This time expectations are higher, and justifiably so. I hope the management team get the players in the right state of mind - this is their chance to go for glory.

Archived