The thing about Michael Doyle

Chris

People might disagree, but the thing about Michael Doyle is he's not able to lift the squad by himself. If the squad plays bad, usually he's one of the culprits for going missing. This said, he's proved within the past two games that he's a vital part of the jigsaw.

I realise now, that we might not appreciate what he does well when he doesn't perform to the standard in which we expect or, believe we should see.

I'm not his biggest fan by a country mile, but I do like his character.

He's not afraid to put himself about and, I am starting to feel I shouldn't judge him so harshly. Today, not just because of his goal but the way he commanded himself. I think his experience shines, but we have to rely on other players around him to bring the best out of him. Is it harsh to expect more from a 39-year-old?

Going into this season, I was worried that his legs had gone and, I really wanted someone to replace him as a captain. This is something I feel must be done at some point during this campaign, but I do acknowledge he will be a vital part in our promotion chase.

i think michael doyle has a part to play, i just dont see how he can be at his best when he plays week in and out. if a player one of our other key players needs a rest, so does doyle but at the same time it does show his commitment to the club.

i thought he played very well today.

On 10/10/2020 at 18:59, Chris said:

Going into this season, I was worried that his legs had gone and, I really wanted someone to replace him as a captain. This is something I feel must be done at some point during this campaign, but I do acknowledge he will be a vital part in our promotion chase.

You want him to be replaced as captain, during this season?

The only way that happens if A: he leaves or B: We have a catastrophic season that ends in fighting between the players.

13 minutes ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

You want him to be replaced as captain, during this season?

No, I should've been clearer.

I mean find a replacement, ideal for taking over his duties, as this will be his last season surely? Could Reeves be a future captain? Possibly, but I do feel we need someone who's of the mould of Doyle.

16 minutes ago, Chris said:

No, I should've been clearer.

I mean find a replacement, ideal for taking over his duties, as this will be his last season surely? Could Reeves be a future captain? Possibly, but I do feel we need someone who's of the mould of Doyle.

Ah right, understood.

I'd think the following would be in the running:

- Slocombe
- Reeves
- Rawlinson

It'll be interesting to see who takes the arm band when Doyle is rested. Now there's no Sloth, however, who do bring in to replace him for the rest?

Archived