PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,283
  • Days Won:  80

Game 12 - Daggers (A)

Team: Dagenham & Redbridge

Date: 01/12/2020

Where: The Chigwell Construction Stadium

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

tom walker should make his debut which is good that we have cover, enzio will hopefully be able to pick up from where he finished against wealdstone.

i hope notts plays attacking football because the daggers struggle against sharp teams.

if we play quick and pacey football, we should be able to get another win on the road and climb a bit more.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

I see that Myles Weston, ex Notts, plays for the Daggers. I wonder if he is still the same player I remember.... a fast, direct winger more than capable of beating players at ease but couldn't cross to save his life. Still a useful player for us though, he's only 32 so surprised he is down at this level, but looking at Wikipedia he has been here a while.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Anything less than 3 points would be disappointing. If we are serious about automatic promotion then these are the games we have to be winning. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@Super_Danny_Allsopp Miles is still a quick player who's a handful, yet his crossing isn't that good but he does stretch play. I've watched him a number of times this season and he does well, for them.

I'm hopeful we give Tom Walker a start, although if he's not been playing much Neal Ardley might just use him as a sub.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,470
  • Days Won:  15

Dagenham & Redbridge are the type of team you don't really know which of their team will turn up, their in poor form but that sometimes means little. Being at home you would have to believe they'll be up for it more.

I think this will be a 1-2 to Notts win.

Walker and Doyle to score.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

my prediction would be 2-0 notts.

think wootton is due one, the other will probably be rodders.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

2 points dropped given Notts were the better side. Keeps the run going so won't complain. 

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  383
  • Days Won:  8

Very frustrating,  good performance until we got within sight of goal, but to be fair they set up to frustrate and defended well.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,799
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

As @Super_Danny_Allsopp said, re Myles Weston "Couldnt cross to save his life". He made his Notts debut 7 April 2007 in a 2-0 win over Boston United. Notts team that day:

K Pilkington

D Pipe

M Edwards

S Hunt

G Silk

A McCann

A Parkinson

J Smith

I Ross

L Dudfield

J Lee

Substitutes

M Somner

T N'Toya

J Walker

M Weston

M Byron

Myles joined on loan from Charlton with James Walker, who looked the far more impressive player:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Walker_(footballer,_born_1987)

I remember being disappointed in us not signing James

41 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

As @Super_Danny_Allsopp said, re Myles Weston "Couldnt cross to save his life". He made his Notts debut 7 April 2007 in a 2-0 win over Boston United. Notts team that day:

K Pilkington

D Pipe

M Edwards

S Hunt

G Silk

A McCann

A Parkinson

J Smith

I Ross

L Dudfield

J Lee

Substitutes

M Somner

T N'Toya

J Walker

M Weston

M Byron

Myles joined on loan from Charlton with James Walker, who looked the far more impressive player:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Walker_(footballer,_born_1987)

I remember being disappointed in us not signing James

Steve Thompson the manager still that year?

That midfield is a strange one. Ian Ross - an anomaly and Jay Smith - technically there but so small and made of glass. 

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,799
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Super_Danny_AllsoppI actually liked Jay Smith, especially at home versus Morecambe, he bossed the game from midfield with his passing...and yes, he was lightweight....

I am surprised no one has mentioned the Dagenham manager, Daryl McMahon...having played too for Notts:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daryl_McMahon

I could never understand Thommo's fixation with playing Ian Ross. His career, post Notts, says all you need to know:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Ross_(footballer,_born_1986)

4 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

@Super_Danny_AllsoppI actually liked Jay Smith, especially at home versus Morecambe, he bossed the game from midfield with his passing...and yes, he was lightweight....

I am surprised no one has mentioned the Dagenham manager, Daryl McMahon...having played too for Notts:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daryl_McMahon

Me too. Thought he was probably our best player technically, but then again, looking at that teamsheet, it wasn't too difficult. 

Can't even remember McMahon!

The game last night was just one of those games. We were dominant for the whole 90, played well and created lots of chances, but didn't finish any of them. Our finishing needs to improve, but as a setup and a performance, it was good. It's games like these where you miss a Dennis who will get you that one goal. Instead we brought on Knowles who didn't contribute anything of note.

This is less concerning for me because although the result isn't great, the performance was solid. You play like that and you will win 9/10 games. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I really need to make sure I can get to listen/watch the streams, however, I didn't and ended up being told the final score. I have read comments which suggest Notts played well, created chances but nothing clinical.

Others have mentioned a possible penalty, I can't comment on that but did note it lead to comments about the match official being poor.

A draw isn't the worst outcome, Notts are still undefeated and it means that we still have something to protect in terms of avoiding defeat. 3 points would've been nice, yet I can't say that a draw is a bad result.