A scenario that doesn't bear thinking about..

TheCalFoster

If Kyle Wootton gets injured, that could kill our season. 

The reason for this article is with alot of games coming thick and fast the chance of our main goalscorer scorer getting injured becomes inevitable and looking at the options and facts it's quite worrying.

He has 12 league goals the next highest is 3.

Jimmy Knowles - great player but needs someone to play off - can Effiong/Sam do this in the league? 

Eli Sam - mixed bag - some games pass him by other games he's a handful capable of magic. Reliability the question mark here? 

Inih Effiong - so far not delivering much of anything at the moment. Somewhere in there is a good player unfortunately for Notts that player hasn't turned up in a notts shirt yet. 

Tyreace Palmer - young, untried, lightweight, hungry to make a name for himself but lack of any first team experience. 

So should Wootton get injured who do you choose to go up front and why? Is it a partnership or lone striker?

• TheCalFoster changed the title to A scenario that doesn't bear thinking about..

Knowles looks better with each passing game but he’s not someone that could replicate Wootton’s role. Sam is much better in that attacking role out wide, despite his size he’s not a target man.

That just leaves us with Effiong. I know he isn’t exactly endearing himself to us yet but he had a really solid season for Dover last year – 16 goals in 36 in a pretty average team. I’m hoping he can get going for us, other than the Torquay and Solihull games (yeah I know he didn’t do much here either) he’s only been thrown on as a sub for the last sections of games.

I’m just trying to convince myself that he’ll step up to the plate worst case scenario… Maybe the Wootton/Effiong pairing hasn’t really worked because they’re too similar. Yeah, I’ll stick with that for now….

i hate when we worry about something and then come up with a scenario as you just know its going to happen now. i think sam and knowles can do okay, maybe if something forces a change in the tactics could be a benefit too?

its hard to say really but i try not to worry.

I believe Ruben Rodrigues can play as a secondary striker, Enzio has also been up there in the past.

Neither players might not be ideal but with Callum Roberts return, would Notts be able to cope with experimenting up top? It would present any of the options a chance to get themselves in Neal Ardley's plans.

I do believe Kyle Wootton to be one of the players we are relying too much on, its good when any player performs well and scores but it needs to be balanced. Get the creativity and goals coming in from across the field. It would help somewhat with the lack of effort on goal in recent games.

Archived