Ian Burchnall ...thoughts

Piethagoram

He speaks well about what he sees, how the club is approaching things and that gives me hope. I have the faith he can show the right stuff, along with passion to get us going. If he can make some solid signings, I think Notts will be much stronger.

seems to have his mind set on the formation, i hope we have actual cbs that have the pace to pull back. it might work in league games but it made us weak against torquay, need to have players who are able to bring that winning mentality.

Yeah interesting sounds like 3 at the back will be the 'plan a' next season, I'm a bit surprised as I thought it was a case of the 3-5-2 being the best for what we had. Maybe thought we'd switch back to a 4 and play either a 4-3-3 or a 4-3-2-1. Begs the question where does Roberts fit in 3-5-2? I think you'd probably have to play a 3-4-3 and if that's the case those two CM's need to be able to do it all - battle, run, tackle, pass... Combine the physicality of Rose with the ball playing skills of Doyle, twice! 

And I always thought Rawlinson might do better in Ellis' role as the central CB, decent in the air and quick so won't be as exposed as Ellis was when he came up against quicker players - so  maybe that's where we'll see him. Lacey definitely more suited to the left/right sided CB, he really is the embodiment of what IB wants from a CB.

Intrigued to see how the summer signings pan out, given our strong finish to the season and general attacking play the signs are there with IB at the helm we could have a strong season...

Archived