Junior Magpies

Pie since 89

Not sure if this is the right section but I’ll post here (apologies if not Admin) Does anyone know why the club don’t run the Junior Magpies anymore? I used to love being part of it as a kid and made me feel part of the club being a member and would love the same for my kids. I know they ran the young pies last year but haven’t seen anything this season.

It exists, but I don't think It's very well run or published these days.

It's got the stupid name of YOUngPIES.

https://www.facebook.com/TeamMagpies/?comment_id=Y29tbWVudDoxMDkwNjk0MjQ3NjE3MjI0XzEwOTA3ODYyMzQyNzQ2OTI%3D

If you take a look, the last post was from 2017, however, I believe things still took place after and at least until the first wave of COVID. I recall seeing friends sharing pictures with the likes of DKE, O'Brien and Wootton in the Broken Wheelbarrow for a party event for the young members.

On 28/08/2021 at 22:00, Joshua said:

I used to be a member but I stopped hearing about it when I turned 14, the club appears to have lost interest in young fans.

Agree back in the day when I was a member of the junior magpies (late 80s into the mid 90s) there used to be all sorts on the. The junior magpies had a football team that played against the opponents junior members, they were also always given the opportunity to be ball boys/girls we had our own special room that was for junior magpies only and before games injured player would occasionally pop in for Q&A sessions we were also all given cards that got stamped each match you went to and you got a little prize after hitting set numbers of matches. It all used to make you feel really engaged with the club. Oh and being a junior magpies also gained you access to all home games as far as I remember I may be wrong on that though, (as long as you had an adult season ticket holder with you) my dad said it was about the same price as an under 12s season ticket now as well. My daughters were members of Young Pies last year but have heard nothing this year about it at all.

The club should see if the Notts County Foundation can take over it.

It can't be another job for Alice Kelk to take on, I'm also unsure that the club as any other staff suitable of running the YOUngPIES. It is an area the club must identify and rebuild, although I get the feeling whilst we're not in the Football League the priority will always remain low.

Archived