- Comment on the Richard Montague interview here
- Who should be recruited in January? Read this excellent recruitment doc from member ARLukomski
- PoN member McPie asks have we progressed under Martin Paterson? Join the conversation here.
- PoN member theAnticlough poses a new set of questions about the team, click here.
- Notts confirm Belshaw signing
- 👋🏻 Welcome the newest members of Pride of Nottingham! Drop by and say hello, it’s always great to see fresh faces joining the community. 🫱🏼🫲🏼
- 👀 Check out our activity stream to see the latest content as it happens live. Join in with the conversation on Pride of Nottingham.
- Got thoughts on Notts? Share them and help Pride of Nottingham hit its content target! 🏁
- Reply to and read discussions without leaving your screen. Check out the Pride of Nottingham 'Topic Feed', which brings you all the latest content from our community forum in one place.
Everything posted by Wheelbarrow repair man
-
Bluffem, Diddlem and Doem Down Estate Agents
Bluffem, Diddlem and Doem Down Estate Agents are Pleased to announce details of the Following New Properties. 22 Edwards Avenue. Currently under going Repairs, but this Property should be ready for viewing by the End of January 2025. 40 Reynolds Way. A Nice Property with huge Potential. Current Owners would like to Sell but are prepared to Rent Out. 17 McGoldrick Road. Quite an Old Property, but Solid and Reliable a Real Home from Home. 29 Jatta Street. A Large Well Built Property Excellent Potential and We expect a Lot of Interest when it comes on to the Market in Early January next year. Further Properties will be added at a Later Date. I M A Conman Sales Manager.
-
This Annoys Me About Notts
@DangerousSausage I Stand Corrected I think you're right and the all White Kit was for 100 years at Meadow Lane.
-
The Notts Transformation Under Stuart Maynard
Maynard has certainly tightened things up at the back in his team , but whether that was his doing or something the Recruitment team recognized maybe up for Debate. I think I would come down in Maynard/s favour as the Recruitment team didn't sign any new defenders in the Last January Transfer Window. Richard Montague and his team seemed to think along the Luke Williams line of thinking and decided to leave things has they were, with almost Disastrous Results. Like any New Coach it took time for Maynard to incorporate his playing Style into the Notts Squad and on a couple of occasions ,he seemed have the right (the away wins at Bradford and Newport(?) ) balance only for the Magpies to Struggle in matches following those excellent Results causing Fans, to Doubt if he was up to the Job. And his lack of Experience as a Full Time Coach was also a huge concern for Fans and with Notts tumbling down the League Table in the latter half of last season, the Fans worries seemed to be confirmed. With New Defenders and Goalkeeper arriving at Meadow Lane, the overall outlook for the New Season seemed to be on the Up, however with a Poor Preseason and the Magpies still shipping Goals it looked as if the New Head Coach and his Staff hadn't learned from the Lessons of Last Season. But once the League Season began suddenly we Fans have seen a different Stuart Maynard, he seems to have Stiffened his Backbone and he's slowly starting to Stamp his Personality on His Team. And this could be why there as been an upwards turn in the Notts performances and Results. He certainly isn't the Finished Article by any means, but hopefully like his Squad of Players he will Carry on Improving and will be able to Push the Magpies forward, to at Least a Playoff Place come the Season's End.
-
Jokers Wild: Joke Of The Day.
I Have A Step Ladder. My Real Ladder Left When I Was Three. The Olympic Rowers Sir Steve Redgrave and Sir Mathew Pinsent Walk into a Hotel. Sir Steve goes up to the Lady in Reception and asks Do You Have A Room For A Couple Of Knights?
-
Alassana Jatta: In The Goals.
Jatta deserves all the High Praise he's getting. There is No Doubt he is a Real Threat against any opposition, the Only Cloud on the Horizon is the more he keeps Producing these sorts of Performances, Sooner or Later Clubs higher up the Football Pyramid are going to Start Sniffing Around the Lane, and Notts could End up Losing Two Star Strikers in as Many Years.
-
Match Discussion: Game 9 - The Blues (A)
Watching the You tube Highlights Notts scored two well taken goals. It was good to see Bass had the sight to see Jatta's positioning and had the insight to send a long ball over the Carlisle Defense. The second was also a well worked goal and nice to see Robertson on the Score Sheet. Dan Crowley looked sublime, it was also a treat to see Notts defending well with a They Shall Not Pass Attitude. Last season the Magpies defense may well have crumbled under Carlisle's pressure in the second half. Unlike on the X highlights, the You tube highlights had a Commentary, from a Carlisle Fan, but Remarks such has What the F*** are you doing and F***ing wake up after the Notts goals wont get him a Job with Sky or the BBC which is a shame really.
-
Jokers Wild: Joke Of The Day.
Talking to Bill my 77 year old next door but one neighbour the other day he said I'm going to get my First Tattoo What you getting Bill? I asked. I'm Not Really Sure. Barbwire, a Skull, My Home Address.
-
This Annoys Me About Notts
Didn't Notts wear a Special All White Kit for a Match against Yeovil at Meadow Lane which Commemorated Notts 150 Years Existence? And If I remember rightly the Magpies Won 4-1. And there was No Sponsor's Name on the Shirt (that I'm Not 100% sure of).
-
This Annoys Me About Notts
@liampie I believe in the past an "Away Kit" was only worn when teams with similar shirt designs clashed, particularly on the old Black & White TV, I mean a Match between Notts and Newcastle would be very confusing if, they both played in Striped Shirts. However once Coloured TV came about teams such as Manchester United realized the potential of making more money from their Fans, by also offering a Replica of their "Away Shirt" a Bandwagon that most Professional Clubs have jumped on. And the Big Clubs are charging the Earth for Replica Shirt is it Any Wonder, Fans buy cheap Chinese Imports?
-
Notts County’s Jodi Jones Declares: ‘I’ll Be Back Stronger’ After Tibia Fracture
You just know No Matter What, Jodi has the Spirit of a Warrior and Fighter. He's come back from Injuries worse than this, and he'll come back from this One, as he says Stronger and Determined. What an Inspiration this Young Man is. Look at all he's been through in his Football Career, even at his Lowest he's clawed his way back and reignited his Career and quite Deservedly Received the Plaudits from his Fellow Professionals last season. It just a Shame that Defenders have to Resort to Kicking and Fouling Players who have more Talent than they have and it's the only way to Stop Them. And it's time Referees are held accountable for their Poor Performances.
-
Jokers Wild: Joke Of The Day.
I came across the Mother-in-Law the other night, in the Pub Drunk as a Skunk. Lying in a Pool of of spilled Gin and Brit Vic Orange. Six Big Blokes were kicking her and Punching her Did you Help ask my Neighbour? No I said Six should be Enough.
-
Jokers Wild: Joke Of The Day.
My next door but Neighbour Bill as just Celebrated his 77th Birthday. 77 Bill that's a Good Age I said. Yeah but getting Older does have a Unique Problem. Really? Yeah, Every time I see a Bright Light, I Start Walking Towards It.
-
Notts injury watch.
So @Robbie the Strong Rumor I wrote about was TRUE. That's why Josh Martin was signed at least till January. This is Going to be one Hell of a Loss for Notts and will have a Huge Impact on the Magpies Push For Promotion. Not only will this test the Squad's Resolve, but will also Test Stuart Maynard and his Staff and we Fans will get to see how far he's come as a Coach. I Think he'll Manage Ok, looking at the way things are Now, I think there maybe more Loan Players coming in.
-
This Annoys Me About Notts
This Annoys Me About Notts (I know it shouldn't but it Just Does) Why is it when the Magpies play away from home, and there's No Colour Clash (shirt wise as it was yesterday) why is it that Notts Don't play in their Traditional Black & White Stripes? After all they are the Colours Notts are known for, you'd think the Club would want to play in them, whenever they can. And Yes I Know there are Different Sponsors on the Orange and Blue/Purple Shirts, but there must be away around this, even if the Away Kit just consisted of a simple White shirt with Black Shorts' it's Not The Stripes I know, but it's still the Clubs Black & White Colouring associated with the Magpies. It may Not Bother a lot of Fans but I'm of the Opinion that Notts should be waring the Traditional Colours Whenever They Can.
-
Macaulay Langstaff Watch.
@Robbie That must be a Relief for Macca, lets hope the Lad goes on from Strength to Strength and scores more Goals. Well Done Macca. Happy For You.
-
Match Discussion: Game 8 - The Shrimps (A)
Looking at the Highlights, Notts got away with that one. From what I saw at the angle their second goal should have been allowed the Ball had crossed the Line, but then again Sam Austin's goal against Gillingham should have been allowed last week. It's a Funny Old Game.
-
Match Discussion: Game 8 - The Shrimps (A)
Well we're just a mere 8 games into the New Season and it appears some Notts Fans are sharpening their knives for Stuart Maynard already. I came across a post in HYS, we have a Squad capable of Promotion, but a Manager who'll get us Relegated.????
-
Match Discussion: Game 9 - The Blues (A)
After today's Result this is going to be another Tough encounter for the Magpies. I'd be Happy with a Point, but unfortunately I can't see it happening because of the Notts injuries. We'll See. I've just come off the BBC Have Your Say comment section, a Morecambe Fan was bemoaning the Fact that the ball cleared off the line by Didzy, had actually crossed the line. To Which a Notts Fan replied you're Morecambe, but Not Wise. Which I thought was Funny and Kudos to the Fan for their reply.
-
Notts County Sign Ex-Norwich Winger Josh Martin on Short-Term Deal
A Warm Welcome to the Lane Josh. However with him being mainly a Winger, this does Not bode well for Jodi's injury the Club seem mighty quiet about what's happened to Jodi. I would have thought if there wasn't much to worry about Jodi being out of the side for a lengthy period of time, there wouldn't be any need to sign a player in his position.
-
Jokers Wild: Joke Of The Day.
I bumped into my next door but one neighbour Bill the other day, he's just come back after a moths Holiday in America. How was your Holiday Bill, I asked him? Marvelous the family and me we had a Great Time. That's nice I said. Mind you I did have a bit of an Embarrassing Moment. Oh? Yeah I got talking to this Irish American Guy and I asked So where you from? And he said My Mammy. Now I'm slightly deaf, and I thought he said Miami. Oh I said I've Been There.
-
Match Discussion: Trophy - The Brewers (A)
We've been over this Time and Time Again Gentlemen/Ladies regarding the Notts Academy Players and their advancement into the Notts Senior Squad and then into the Starting XI. Does anyone Honestly believe that any of these players will get their Chance? I for one would like to think so, but over the Years Talented Young players just get Shipped Out on Loan to learn how to play Men's Football and then they're Never Heard from again, until the Contract is up and they're let go, or if they're Lucky Sold on for the elusive Undisclosed Fee. Kudos to Stuart for having the Belief in his Young players and having the Backbone, to play them during the Match, as it's been said they all must be on Cloud 9 today The Only thing to put a Dampner on things is, if he decides to repeat the Process and Notts get Thumped, then the Calls of does SM know what he's Doing playing all these young Kids? Why didn't play a Team who had a chance. Sure Most Members on Here couldn't be bothered about this Trophy saying it's a waste of time, and extra games Notts could do without but it's Great Opportunity for Stuart to Blood His Young Players, but a Big Defeat will start the Moaning Minnie's off Again. Personally I'll say Keep Doing What You're Doing Stuart.
-
Match Discussion: Trophy - The Brewers (A)
It would be nice to think that eventually some of the Youngsters may go on to play for the Notts first Team. But if Notts are anything to go by, they'll all be Loaned Out Season after Season, after Season until their Contract is up and then been told their Free To Seek Opportunities Elsewhere, or Will Be Sold to another Club for an Undisclosed Fee.
-
Match Discussion: Game 8 - The Shrimps (A)
Despite Morecambe slow start to the season, they seem to have picked up in recent games, and Notts must show them Respect. However even without Jodi (who should be rested if he's still not fully fit) the Magpies should have enough Fire Power to secure all three points, and it will be disappointing if they don't. 3-1 Notts
-
Match Discussion: Trophy - The Brewers (A)
A Great Win for the Magpies and Congratulations to the Five young Men from the Notts Academy. Well Done Lads.
-
Macaulay Langstaff Watch.
The 1-1 Draw with QPR is Macca's Best Performance in a Millwall Shirt according to their Head Coach. He even had an assist. Another Positive comment from the Lions Head Coach is He can tell that there are Goals ready to come from Macca, lets just hope the Lad can find the Back of the Net soon, and begin to do what he's Best At Scoring Goals.