Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Pride of Nottingham (Notts County Community)

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NottsGeezerCal

Media
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NottsGeezerCal

  1. It's sad times but let's see how we can rebuild from here. It's hard task but let's see what adjustments can be made to the system as alot of our play goes through JJ. Side note: wonder if they're anymore decent free agents waiting about.
  2. Reckon now he'll go on a scoring run..
  3. A point was good result all things considered yesterday. Alot of players had an off day/didn't click. Is that down to a lot of our play being through JJ? Maybe. Thought George Abbott ran his socks off and fought well for the cause, for me he was Notts MOTM. Thought we got hold of midfielder once Enforcer Scott Robertson came on. Josh Martin looks a coup from that first appearance, I'm sure he'll grow into this Notts team in the coming weeks. Jevani Brown is slowly starting to look like a different option off the bench he does have some nice link up play, once he scores once I think we'll see a different player there - clearly a confidence player who's lost alot of confidence. ???? I was frustrated by the reluctancy to shoot when opportunities presented themselves. At times it was like we was trying to walk it in, have a pop and if it doesn't go in a tap in may present itself. Mcgoldrick needs someone next to him felt he was very isolated. Austin once he went on the right was a game changer too. The ref was equally as bad for both teams, think they could've been down to 10 in the first half on Tsaroulla. The lack of a booking for Tutonda. Constant time wasting. Did the ball cross the line for them? Honestly I don't know and quite frankly don't care at this stage. ???? It's a marathon not a sprint, it's where we are come May that counts.
  4. I see we've just signed a winger Josh Martin, does this mean bad news for JJ? ????
  5. @Super_Danny_Allsopp surely not... smoke & mirrors, the club would come out and say something if that was the case..
  6. It's true Jodi did leave on crutches with a foot support on, source my eyes! ????????
  7. This is an article basically to give a shout out to one of Notts County's most consistent performers who doesn’t get much praise on here. When he first arrived here I wrote him off as being too small and lightweight for the physicality of the national league but how wrong could I be? What he lacks in size he more than makes up in passion and fight. Dion never shies away from a battle and stands up to players much bigger than him. He flies into tackles winning the ball and making sure the opposition player knows he’s there. DKE always puts his body on the line for the cause. He knocks the ball around nicely too as part of starting our moves out from the back, something we do well as team – each player plays their part in a lot of the goals we score as a team. Last season he had a success rate of 58.06% in offensive duels. 65% successful dribbles. 75.80% pass success. So going forward he is a great carrier of the ball – which although he doesn’t get a great deal of assists he still plays a part in our transition from defence to attack. Let’s talk about the main part of his role in the team defending – he does well at standing players up and stopping crossers coming in our box. I do find it bizarre that he ends up marking the biggest players for set pieces such as Chesterfield's Denton but most of the time he does somehow manage to get the better of them. This season he has taken his opportunity with both hands, he has almost reached his minutes from last term in only 14 games into the campaign and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in with a shout for player of the season come the end of the campaign. The fact he can play on either side of the pitch is another welcome bonus. He’s a player that embodies what Neal Ardley typically looks for, a player comfortable with the ball, a player that can play in more than one position/system, a player that will scrap for the cause. At 24 he has plenty of time to grow and hopefully reach higher levels in the football pyramid, hopefully with us. What more do I want to see from DKE? Maybe chip in with a goal/assist or two. I’d to see him just have a go, take a shot every now and then, you never know what might happen.
  8. Every man worked hard, Rose stood out as one of the hardest workers in the team, was impressed with the keepers vocalness! Great finish by Ozzy! We knocked it about nicely, think it's all starting to come together now! Hopefully we can push on, on Saturday(how many times have we said that this season?)
  9. I swear after every match he moans about the ref, I used to rate him now he's just a whiney mouthed annoying weasel..
  10. Johnathan Forte is fine it was just a knock, Ameobi is the only worry, was in the medical room for 2 hours and limping a little..
  11. @Who r ya?? You Pies!! What a comeback still makes me smile now, I'm more happy about that than Christmas, Fortes goal ????
  12. Make sure the keeper doesn't kick the ball directly at a Cambridge player and we'll be alright, yes I would've thought this would be common sense but ask Roy Carroll, Scott Loach and Adam Collin apparently it is not..
  13. 0-0 neither team stood out, both teams nullified each other's attacks.. Fair play to Grimsby they stopped us playing and made it hard for us to beat them and over the course of the 90 minutes, I'd say they looked the more likely to win it. Would've been harsh on either team if they lost.
  14. I want 3 points but I think it'll be a score draw..
  15. I've got to say I'm happy we've signed him. He's everything we lack in midfield at the moment, doesn't shy away from a challenge, scores goals, can take a corner, with thw good cones the bad and that's a risk I'm willing to take, not to mention we've got O'Connor to come back March time.
  16. I agree with you @Joe Jones.The only one I liked is the home one and even that's at a push. I would've liked the black goalkeepers shirt but they ruined that with the multi colours on the sleeves for me, seriously what is the point of that multi colour line? As for the away and third kits I can only hope they look better with a sponsor on because the away kit is huge let down in terms of design, by sticking that pattern on it, they completely ruined it for me. And the yellow one I just don't like the colour.
  17. It's about time we had some players with the right mentality, I believe we have a few driven professional players amongst the squad especially since January onwards, hopefully we can bring a few more in through the summer with this ethos and we'll be challenging, a mixture of youth and experience, different types of players as well, we need a star player a high quality game changing goalscorer, we can't rely on Amoebi/Stead all season if they're both here next season..
  18. I expected more from Blackpool but credit to us for nullifying their threat and attacking well, unlucky not to have scored more, glad to see we wasn't in holiday mode..
  19. Haydn Hollis is a name that divides opinion amongst Notts fans. The centre-back is a 6ft3, athletically built product of our youth system, who oozes professionalism and is an all-round nice guy. Ever since breaking into the first team Hollis has shown signs of becoming a great strong solid lower-league centre back but the inconsistency and the bad spells he goes through have split the fan base's opinion of him. He played a great part in the great escape of 2013/14 and for the first half of the 2014/15 - Hollis and a combination of Haydn Mullins / Louis Laing was excellent. Hollis was producing the best form of his Notts career but the return of Mullins, plus Laing leaving, led to a poor ending of the season and resulted in relegation. Then we had the "we'll score one more goal than them" approach of Ricardo Moniz which destroyed the defence and in turn made Hollis a scapegoat for the poor results which followed until the end of the season. Under John Sheridan, Hollis lost just about every bit of confidence he had and his performances on the pitch suffered because of it. Ever since Kevin Nolan arrived Hollis has been reborn, rebuilt, he’s sticking to what he knows - head it, boot it away, win the tackles, simple passes and been an attacking threat from set pieces. The harshest Hollis critics can’t say that he hasn’t deserved his place in the starting line up. Nolan has worked wonders with the squad, players like Hollis just needed a bit of confidence, praise and guidance. You can’t fault Hollis’ commitment and attitude, even slotting in at left-back for one game. The partnership between Hollis and Duffy it may not be the strongest but together they know their roles and with each game that passes by the signs of a solid foundation for next season are starting to appear. I’m not saying Hollis is going to be the best defender in League Two, he’s still prone to the odd mistake here and there such as against Crewe on Friday but if he wasn’t he would be further up the footballing pyramid - but he is starting to show signs of maturity for a 24 year old defender who has played 140 games, 128 of them for Notts chipping in with 7 goals for us. I hope Nolan and Hardy do offer Hollis, Richard Duffy and Thierry Audel new deals. Yes, they have their flaws and yes, we will need another proven centre-back to offer competition and take over should any of the three mentioned let their standards slip. Should Hollis continue improving and learning from the mistakes he makes along the way, there’s no reason why he won’t earn a new deal and extend his five-year spell in and around the first team. Love him or loathe him, he is one of our own, let’s start treating him like that. Now is the time for Haydn to reach the potential he has have, prove the doubters wrong and show us he can be consistent and deserves to be in this team for next season. Haydn Hollis, he’s one of our own... Share your thoughts about this feature article on Haydn Hollis on Pride of Nottingham by signing up to the website, visiting the forum and joining in the chat with hundreds of fellow Notts County fans.
  20. @Elite_pie sorry but i've got to agree with @Chris Campbell looked uninterested, poor and just lost, he just didn't seem to fit into the team.. As for the rest of the team perfect, as much as I dislike Dicko he had a good game, needed help at times but he did alright. Duffy and Hollis was solid, look a strong pairing. Ameobi, Stead and Grant always looked a threat going forward. Milsom as usual went about his business quietly and efficiently as usual and Hewitt was solid too..
  21. @Chris goodbye Notts-Joe. Great article buddy. I did always wonder where the Joe came from. I'm gonna request a new username with that last line, please go to SimplyChris haha!
  22. 0-1 can see us nicking a goal and holding out for a nervy finale..

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.