PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,283
  • Days Won:  80

Game 2 - The Wood (A)

Team: Boreham Wood

Date: 13/08/2022

Where: Meadow Park

What line-up should Luke Williams opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

The first real test of the season. Borehamwood should be one of the sides pushing for a playoff place. I don't think they have the quality to win the league but they are a worthy foe. They will be missing DKE and Ndlovu who were sent off against Southend. Borehamwood held out for a well earned 3 points. 

Notts got the job done last week. It will take a few weeks for this team to really gel but the early signs are very positive. Dangerous going forward. Strong at the back.  

I'd take a draw in this one but I think Notts will nick the points. 1-0 to Notts I reckon. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

By all accounts Ndlovu is their target man, big and psychical so I expect his replacement to be slightly less effective. And I was worried D-KE might fly in on Ruben to try to stop him breezing past him for the 3rd time, so that’s a relief.

The heat is going to have an impact, so I think keeping the ball here will be vital. Let Boreham Wood chase us around in 35° heat and knacker themselves out! I’d sacrifice one of Austin or J’OB for a bit more ball retention with Palmer. Otherwise I think the starting the 11 should be the same.

This is one of those games where I’d take a dull 1-0 win. I think it’ll be close, wouldn’t be surprised if was a 0-0 but hoping we can nick it too!

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  382
  • Days Won:  8

Exactly the type of game we need to taking something from, a team expected to be up there with Notts. I like what I have seen and heard so far from the team in charge, Notts win.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

A point at Borehamwood is a good result but it was disappointing to lose the lead twice. Mitchell on the scoresheet is nice to see. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

I’d have taken a point before the game but I agree it’s annoying to let two leads slip. That said Boreham Wood are a good side and it’s still very early in LW reign so I’m not too downbeat. Mitchell the headline maker in the second half there. Need to see the pen in the highlights later but I always feel with referees at this level they have a tendency to want to level out the big decisions.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,139
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's a steady start, yes Notts could've won, but a draw isn't that bad. They're more used to this level of football than us, so I think a draw shouldn't be considered the worst outcome. It's still very early and, I personally believe our home form will be the major factor in keeping this season's hopes high. Not that we don't need to be picking up wins away from home, I just feel it's a starting point against a good team in this league.

Two penalties for both sides, usually I think when this happens the referee is attempting to balance out mistakes, but I must reserve judgement for the highlights.

Plus, Mitchell is on the scoresheet and equalled his tally last season! Perhaps, he might hit double figures and prove himself this time round? We can only hope.

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

It's frustrating not to have won having been in control of things in the first half, but I suppose it's a draw away at tricky opposition.

By the way, we are top of the league! What with monkeypox and all the forest fires going on, the NL should really do the right thing and stop the season now.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

frustrating to lose the 2 additional points like that, but notts played well. both goals really should have been defended better, we are our own worst enemies when it comes to dealing with set pieces or pressure.

i am happy with the point but do think defensively we need to be better, hope it comes with more games.