Vitesse Arnhem ...Russian money?

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,409
  • Days Won:  69

What, more chicanery from another bankroller ?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

there are a lot of people who co-own or fund other clubs, i think because hes russian there is a bit of a witch hunt. its not uncommon, i forget which championship team it is but the owner owns a Belgium club too.

who cares how he invests his money.

provided hes not using it to give one an advantage or asset stripping, i dont see the story.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,368
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The main takeaway from this for me, is how can anyone invest in a football club without it being obvious or known from the start? I mean, surely someone in authority somewhere would've noticed before now? Then again, did this happen and the media or person held back for when it could create the most impressions.

Football's extremely dark.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I read an interesting report in The Guardian today about Roman Abramovich's alleged secret funding of the Dutch football club Vitesse Arnhem. It seems that leaked documents show that Abramovich provided loans worth at least €117m (£102.8m) to Vitesse between 2010 and 2015 through a complex web of offshore companies.

Despite denying any involvement in Vitesse, the leaked documents suggest otherwise. In fact, they reveal that Abramovich's companies had a significant degree of influence over Vitesse's management, including the right to appoint and dismiss the club's board of directors.

These revelations are likely to raise questions about the integrity of football, especially given Abramovich's existing links to Russian President Vladimir Putin. It appears that the wealthy businessman may have used his wealth to gain an unfair advantage in football.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  507
  • Days Won:  1

It's concerning to hear about the leaked documents that reveal Roman Abramovich's covert funding of Vitesse Arnhem and bankrolling the club while he owned Chelsea. Even though representatives for Chelsea and Abramovich denied any formal link between the two clubs, the documents suggest otherwise. UEFA rules prevent two clubs under common ownership from playing in the same competition, and it seems like Chelsea may have wanted to avoid any problems related to the two clubs' links. The use of offshore tax havens to structure loans is also worrying.

• Like 1