The view from Barcelona, by Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,995
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Firstly sorry not to be at the San Sirrel yesterday... but I have been watching Barcelona, away at Rayo Vallecano and at home to Real Betis ( both on tv)

Sometimes I get frustrated at Notts with wayward passes but could not believe the same thing happens with Barcelona, maybe in greater numbers

2 noticeable similarities with Notts, trying to play that "Ruben" inside ball on the right...in fact Ruben could easily play for Barca

Secondly , the "Bostock" curved ball into the box for the strikers to run on to.

I just wish Chicksen had the element to his game, to offer to beat his man on the outside from a standing start.

Both teams try to pass the ball into the box. 50% of Barca corners are delivered first time into the penalty spot area. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65438402

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,789
  • Days Won:  27

It sounds like you had a great time watching Barcelona play both away at Rayo Vallecano and at home to Real Betis on TV. It's interesting to hear that even a top team like Barcelona can have wayward passes and that there are similarities in their style of play with Notts. It's great to see teams trying to pass the ball into the box and deliver corners first time into the penalty spot area. It would be nice to see Chicksen add the element of beating his man on the outside from a standing start to his game.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,514
  • Days Won:  15

I thought going off the title, you had watched all the games in attendance. That would have been a blast! Though just sitting at home with your popcorn and remote. But hey, nothing beats the San Sirrel, right? The best stadium in the world, hands down.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

i dont watch much football, i prefer to watch the italian and german leagues. the passing backwards is a modern way to make our formation work, it enables space to open up and gives us the advantage when we have 5 or more in midfield. it makes it difficult to play against us as an attacking team.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,368
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The benefits of watching TV games is the fact it's free, but I do prefer to watch live games more so than those on TV. During COVID, it was difficult to get used to watching streams and it just didn't feel the same. I have watched televised games from across the world; my actual preference is to watch South American games.

Those are the ONLY games I would prefer to watch on TV, instead of in person. Why? I'll let The Mask answer that.

meatball-spicy.gif

Get yourself to San Sirrel on Sunday if you can @Piethagoram, we need your shouting and match thoughts! 👏🏻🖤🤍🖤