General chat: Strike up a conversation!

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

What’s new in your world? What’s on your mind?

I thought a general chat would be good to strike up a conversation since we are out of season. With the tumbleweed blowing around as silent as King Charles gratitude towards his civil servants. It would be good to see what’s new, or just to hear what members want to get off their chests.

• Like 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  493
  • Days Won:  1

I am intrigued as to how Notts County will fare against their competitors in League Two. However, I am also becoming increasingly frustrated with the continuous strikes and relentless rise in expenses. One might wonder where these funds are supposed to originate. Perhaps I should consider going on strike myself to afford necessities? It seems to be a vicious cycle.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

12 hours ago, AmericanPie said:

With the tumbleweed blowing around as silent as King Charles gratitude towards his civil servants.

i thought he acted like a spoilt person when he complained waiting inside a car, whilst everyone else was getting wet and all hes bothered about is being bored. i had heard he was mardy but that was pathetic, it was his special day. how spoil can a grown man be?

3 hours ago, JIMBO said:

I am also becoming increasingly frustrated with the continuous strikes and relentless rise in expenses. One might wonder where these funds are supposed to originate. Perhaps I should consider going on strike myself to afford necessities? It seems to be a vicious cycle.

tell me about it, the royal mail have things to collect from my work place but nobody turns up. if by some chance a van does come to collect goods, they only take certain things and not everything marked for their collection. i am also sick of how late i get letters, or that my mail ends up at my neighbours addresses and not mine.

this could be a good way have a laugh and a good moan.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, liampie said:

i thought he acted like a spoilt person when he complained waiting inside a car, whilst everyone else was getting wet and all hes bothered about is being bored. i had heard he was mardy but that was pathetic, it was his special day. how spoil can a grown man be?

Indeed, it was quite juvenile for a mature individual, but that has consistently been Charles' nature.

@JIMBO Hopefully, the insanity ceases. The expense of living in the UK seems rather dreadful. Regarding the strikes, people will always desire more money; some demands will be justifiable, while others are simply about taking advantage.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

This is getting a little political but I believe people should be allowed to withdraw their labour and ask for better conditions and more money, otherwise employers will and do take advantage while making vast profits for themselves and their shareholders. 

The cost of living has soared in recent times, food prices have gone up, interest rates are the highest for years affecting people’s mortgages, some working people are having to resort to food banks, it is really hard for some people to make ends meet.

So let’s think before we knock the unions or their members, yes sometimes we are inconvenienced by strikes but if the cause is a just one I will support them.

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@Fan of Big Tone Wages should increase, especially when politicians get rises. Striking can be effective but impacts others. Companies should pay for mistakes using their own resources. It's unjust to shift the financial burden onto consumers. Holding companies accountable will motivate them to avoid errors and uphold integrity.

The Railway, NHS, Royal Mail, teachers etc. deserve better pay. It's frustrating when it impacts your life. Some people face financial difficulties due to their spending behaviours.

It's a terrible time; we've stopped doing best by others and started thinking more about ourselves. This wouldn't happen in a post-World War UK.

It's down to individuals. Think about the bigger picture and do your best when possible. When people work long hours and still use food banks, there are deeper systemic issues than just inadequate wages.

Sometimes you have to look for work elsewhere that pays better.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

anyone looking forward to us finally having some nice weather? summer is supposed to be here now.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,725
  • Days Won:  27

It would be great to have sunny days without extreme heat. I hope we can avoid very hot days. I am looking forward to it. This year has been unusual with too much rain and murky days.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I love summer, unfortunately it never seems to last as long as winter, which is totally depressing with long, cold, dark nights.

• Like 2

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

I have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of warmth and sunshine for quite some time now. Unfortunately, living in the UK means that we only get one or two summery days, and that's it. This is why I always choose to go on holiday to warmer places. It seems like England is becoming just as bad as Scotland for the persistent rain and unpredictable weather. Here's to hoping for an extended spell of sunshine this summer!

• Like 1

It's quite remarkable how in this region, the heat is a seemingly ever-present factor in daily life. The relentless sun seems to constantly scorch the earth, making it necessary for everyone to don not only a hat but also carry a bottle of water with them. This is especially true during the rather overbearing late afternoons, when venturing out without these essentials becomes almost unbearable. It's interesting to note that even when rain does make an occasional appearance, it hardly lasts for more than an hour, leaving little reprieve from the sweltering conditions. In the rare instances of all-day showers, it feels as if nature has decided to bestow its kindness onto the parched earth. Adapting to this climate requires constant adjustments and forethought to ensure a comfortable existence.