Mcgregor And Grealish

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I was really hoping that we would get both these players till the end of the season but it's looking ever more likely that McGregor won't be rejoining us. I have to say I am really pleased to be getting one out of the two (both would have been fantastic) credit to SD and the club for securing Grealish but out of the two I would have preferred we got McGregor I feel he is much more the finished article and we will certainly miss his goals.

I fear that Grealish will suffer with his form if McGregor doesn't rejoin us because they played so well together and fed off each other.

What do others think?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,989
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

You forgot to mention why it seems unlikely?

Are Celtic using us? I hope he doesn't join another League One team I'll march right up to Scotland and moan directly to Neil Lennon's face (or whoever) insisting that McGregor should have remained here for a year.

Joking a-side, perhaps his contracts near the end and they're worried he will want to sign for us due to becoming attached?

At the start of the season it seemed he would go back on a high if he was played/did well but it looks like Callum enjoys being the star, perhaps he see's it different but I shouldn't really jump the gun.

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

so is he not coming back?? :(

Supporter+

I have no idea really but the longer it drags on the less likely it is, if Celtic were prepared to let him come back then surely by now they would have given the go ahead. I am assuming there is a sticking point, Derry in his interview has said that there is nothing more he can do and the ball is in their court.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Shaun said they might want to get rid of McGregor on a transfer (not a loan). They must be mad. A young player who has come on leaps and bounds, to get rid of him? Silly if true.

Maybe they want him to play Championship football?

I really do hope he stays. 

Perhaps Neil Lennon doesn't see him establishing himself with Celtic? It seems harsh but they make their money buy doing this, then sign a cheap but good English player (like Kelvin Wilson) and in a few years another club will come sniffing.

I can't see McGregor establishing himself to this amount of success yet, I think it makes more sense to leave him for a year and then push.

Development can stall, though Callum's eager should be able to push him through.

Supporter+

Well I don't know what to make of this now, first we thought we were getting both MacGregor and Grealish back on loan, then we thought it might just be Grealish, now it seems we might not get either, what is going on?

Are the club handling this right, Grealish stated for fact that he was signing, now all of a sudden he retracts that, I wonder if he has had second thoughts because it looks like MacGregor isn't coming. I just wish we knew one way or the other so we can move on.

To be fair, Jack's the one who tweeted he was staying. Notts have always insisted the paper work needed completing, though it's easy to get ahead yourself. I told a few close people something about McGregor, it seems likely that will happen.

Supposedly Jack will be back.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I hope we do get them back. But I'm not going to get my hopes up, Let's see how we do without them both. We do need to Sign someone in this window.

• Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

This situation does seem to be dragging on,with no official updates.I hope SD has other 'irons in the fire'

• Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

As Granny and others have said... theres no news regarding them signing a new loan yet. We can all be hopeful but it is looking a little doubtful at the moment.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Beginning to panic in Cumbria Pie

• Content Count:  47
  • Days Won:  1

They would both be better staying with us when they are guaranteed to be in the team, this will help them develop. To go somewhere else and sit on the bench is madness. Jack going to wolves? Thought he was a villa boy?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

They would both be better staying with us when they are guaranteed to be in the team, this will help them develop. To go somewhere else and sit on the bench is madness. Jack going to wolves? Thought he was a villa boy?

It's Mac who was rumored for Wolves, although Wolves have distanced themselves from him today apparently.

• Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I know we now have Grealish, i am still hoping we can get Mcgregor back, but we'll just have to wait i guess.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I have got everything crossed

Archived