Beware of missing drain covers

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Is that what its come to, taking something needed for safety to make abit of money.

• Like 6

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  741
  • Days Won:  2

This has been a long-standing issue, with teenagers often causing the damage ones which are there. Given that more people are engrossed in their phones rather than watching their step, this poses a serious risk.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,507
  • Days Won:  9

There are too many missing drain covers, the police should do more to ensure those who steal them are apprehended.

• Like 5

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  2

19 hours ago, Wilfordpie said:

This has been a long-standing issue, with teenagers often causing the damage ones which are there.

It’s not just teenagers causing damage, but I understand your point. In my opinion, this is the work of scrap and junk collectors.

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

There was no end missing when I used to walk around Wollaton with my brother and @super_pie.

I also encountered areas where manholes had been smashed in or had crumbled away. Actually, I walked from Highfields to Wollaton with Jake. Along the way, we encountered some individuals vandalising the land to access cables. Many people walked by without saying anything, but I was the only one who had the courage to confront them and ask them to leave. The council put up two cones around it, with orange tape and a different time a blind person almost walked into it because someone had removed the tape.

The covers are dangerous though, especially in certain areas where weird people try to throw their rubbish into them.

Not only is there danger of walking into them and falling, but also the damage it can do to cars and the local infrastructure.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
5 hours ago, DeadlyMacca said:

It’s not just teenagers causing damage, but I understand your point. In my opinion, this is the work of scrap and junk collectors.

I agree, I think it’s probably mainly scrap dealers there are also a lot of doors missing off those green telephone/cable boxes around our way exposing all the wires etc.

We had a metal bed that we were giving to charity (British Heart Foundation) I put it out on the day it was going to be collected and a scrap man came and was going to cart it away despite the fact that it was just outside our front door! He had to open the gate and come down the drive, I swear blind he’d have taken it if we hadn’t seen him. I know folk leave stuff on the road for them but they shouldn’t enter your property.

• Like 2

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

1 hour ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I agree, I think it’s probably mainly scrap dealers there are also a lot of doors missing off those green telephone/cable boxes around our way exposing all the wires etc.

We had a metal bed that we were giving to charity (British Heart Foundation) I put it out on the day it was going to be collected and a scrap man came and was going to cart it away despite the fact that it was just outside our front door! He had to open the gate and come down the drive, I swear blind he’d have taken it if we hadn’t seen him. I know folk leave stuff on the road for them but they shouldn’t enter your property.

Didn't the chap who came onto your property ask if you wanted the bed taking away?It's a perfect excuse to make out they're doing you a favour if confronted.There are some really cheeky folk about @Fan of Big ToneNot that long ago 2 blokes  came to our back door but I'd noticed them although watching the TV at the time.When I went to the back door one chap was actually looking around the bottom end of our garden,. but the other one acted as if he was going to knock on our door.He acted all pally saying they were helping get rid of peoples unwanted garden stuff.I had my phone in my hand and made out I was already  calling the police.Funnily enough they scarpered rather hurriedly protesting their innocence when I asked for identification ,me implying I was actually speaking to the police.Another ploy is for them to use the wrong address excuse.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
5 hours ago, super_ram said:

Didn't the chap who came onto your property ask if you wanted the bed taking away?

Yes he did when I came out, I reckon he’d have taken it if we hadn’t been in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

they need to give strict sentences to people caught stealing drains, like church roofs and other metals. no doubt the people doing it will melt the metal down so its impossible to trace. its a very reckless thing to do.

• Like 1