Collymore Accuses Twitter Over Abusive Messages

Chris

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Former footballer Stan Collymore has accused Twitter of not doing enough to combat abusive messages after he was targeted by internet trolls.

The broadcaster has retweeted some of the offensive messages he has received since he suggested Liverpool striker Luis Suarez dived to earn a penalty in Saturday's match against Aston Villa.

Staffordshire Police confirmed it was investigating.

Twitter said it took action against targeted abuse that was reported to it.

'Thorough investigation'

Mr Collymore, a former Liverpool player who now works as a pundit for radio station TalkSport,

wrote to his 505,000 Twitter followers: "In the last 24 hours I've been threatened with murder several times, demeaned on my race, and many of these accounts are still active. Why?"

He later added: "I accuse Twitter directly of not doing enough to combat racist/homophobic/sexist hate messages, all of which are illegal in the UK."

In another tweet he wrote: "Several Police forces have been fantastic. Twitter haven't. Dismayed."

_72435562_469682b9-5ecd-45e0-941a-6f9c79

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full Article - Here

He's a troll himself, very annoying and to be honest with you - I think he does this to attract the limelight. He actually responds to them! why? Sarcastic responses will attract trolls. I can remember tweeting him myself, after he trolled someone.

Threats aren't acceptable but the guy needs to either come off Twitter or block them. If he's reported them (which I would be surprised if he did) Twitter would take action.

Personally I'm getting tired of him and his views.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

yeah i blocked him when i used twitter, just so many people who retweet his pointless crap. hes one of those people who attract it and he reacts like this, i have seen worse for no reason.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

He may be a *** but Twitter need to react faster to abusive tweets.

I am sure they could phrase the messages before they are even sent, especially if they contain swear words or unacceptable language.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

No place for Racism, even if the bloke is a Merchant Banker

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

No, though he shouldn't seek trouble. Its not acceptable, far from it but he's very much a troll himself.

Archived