Financial and other stresses at Edinburgh City FC

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I can't say I have heard of Edinburgh City FC.

I would imagine it's difficult for many Scottish clubs to attract fans. Here we have the scene where it's trendy and considered to be cool to go support Non League teams. I have seen videos on YouTube where creators go to a random Scottish club and there's like 100 people in the stand. I hope they manage to stay afloat, at League One level in the Scottish tier I would hope they do. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

football really does need to start learning to operate a break even cost, or at least to an amount owners and clubs can afford to pay off themselves if danger lurks in. its very saddening to see all the clubs in trouble,

• Like 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

This is really disappointing to see. People may disagree with me, but the Scottish First Division and now Premier League with only two teams competing against each other is just so boring with The other teams just making the numbers up.

The English top league has gone the same way with six clubs becoming  dominant.

What the Scottish league really needs is some well off investors to invest in Scottish clubs like Edinburgh City, Aberdeen, Hibernian & Dundee Utd and turn them into rivals for the big two. Edinburgh should have a good fan base to attract support.

The reason that holds things back is possibly a problem with marketability in Scotland  that is putting investors off.

I still believe that there should be a Cap on rich club finance across the UK, to even things up.

Scottish football is an example of a massive extreme disparity between the rich and the poor clubs, which dwarfs the English game, and there's a needs to be special measures to speed up equalisation. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  702
  • Days Won:  0

The Scottish leagues do offer excitement, but the quality of football outside their Championship is average. The issue of clubs going under is unlikely to change.

• Like 1