Player ratings v Mansfield

Elite_pie

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

Stone 6.5 - a couple of decent saves, no chance with the winner.
Warner 6 - a mix of good and dodgy moments. Showed promise, he will have easier games than this.
Baldwin 8* - plenty of good headers and blocks, held us together at the back.
Cameron 6 - did ok, fairly standard game.
Nemane 5.5 - decent first half, didn't do a lot in the second.
Robertson 7 - got stuck in and used the ball well, looks a useful recruit.
Bostock 5.5 - not awful, but nowhere near the player he can be.
Cowley 5.5 - another who didn't reach the levels he is capable of.
Jones 7 - scared them, but got no protection from the ref. Should have done better with his second half opportunities.
McGoldrick 7 - not everything came off, but still our most likely scoring threat.
Langstaff 5.5 - lacked service, but didn't make enough of his time on the ball. I'll be interested to see a replay of the penalty shout.

Austin n/a

Could have, should have, but didn't. Not the usual disaster at their hovel, but still massively disappointing. We did enough to earn a point at least, but luck and the ref weren't on our side.  I can understand the lack of subs because we didn't have a lot of attacking options on the bench. A playoff place is still in our hands, but we need to put a good run together quickly.

• Like 7

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Stone  7.5 -  His best game for Notts. Several saves & distributed well.

Baldwin 8* - Man of the match for Notts. Solid, several interventions, one last ditch tackle.

Cameron 6 - solid without standing out 

Warner 7- Good debut from Jaden. Solid, some nice touches Looks class at this level.

Nemane 5.5 - Not at his best today.

Robertson 6.5- Ok on the ball, looks a decent signing

Bostock 6 - Just an average performance today

Cowley 6.5  Again solid in midfield, but not his usual attacking prowess on show today.

Jones 7.5- best player going forward, Mansfield targeted him, even so he was the only player that was most likely for Notts to have success today.

McGoldrick 7- Is usual self up front,  being a handful for the opposition 

Langstaff 6.5- Worked hard today without much service. Closely marked today Could have done better with a couple of opportunities.

The team are looking much more solid at the back and they have certainly reduced the silly mistakes. They couldn't do much about the goal, and up front Notts were unlucky not to score, having hit the post twice and missed several chances, which on a different day might have gone in.

I'm optimistic after that performance that we can improve enough to make the playoffs at season's end.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

i thought bostock, nemane and cameron were all very poor.

i am more close to agreeing with @Robbie with the overall ratings. but those three players could have easily been replaced.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I don't believe there was much that could've been done about the goal. Stone would've had to make a remarkable save to deny it, and that's just not realistic. Baldwin seems rejuvenated under Maynard; I believe we'll see others stepping up soon. Fair ratings, thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,786
  • Days Won:  27

Stone 7 - He appeared much more confident and made some decent saves. Overall, very dependable.
Warner 7 - He slotted in quite well, seemed organised and conscious of the threat. Big match for him to make his first appearance for Notts.
Baldwin 8* - Player of the Match all day, excellent fighting spirit and defence.
Cameron 5 - Weak on the ball, lacked awareness but did some good things. I just feel his mind wasn’t in the match and the poor contributions affect his overall score.
Nemane 5 - Mansfield was never going to let him play his usual game and he suffered for that, but no further ideas or effort made him seem pointless.
Robertson 7 - Best performance by him so far, his relentless pressing and eagerness to move forward was a delight.
Bostock 5 - Not his best match, felt he lost the ball a bit easily and failed to hold his ground against them.
Cowley 6.5 - He did alright, nothing to his usual standards but he connected well and tried to make things happen.
Jones 7 - Brilliant play, very direct and suffered from a lack of protection from the officials which led to him being kicked and pushed around all match. Despite this, he did very well.
McGoldrick 6.5 - I thought he was better than his performance against Barrow, but still below the standard we know. He didn’t pose much of a threat.
Langstaff 5 - Lacked involvement but it wasn’t so much down to him, it was a failure to get the ball to him.

• Like 1