Jodi Jones: Best player in League 2?

Robbie

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Jodi has been nominated for January's League 2 Player of the Month award.

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  96
  • Days Won:  1

Jodi Jones is a beast. Our best player this season ahead of Crowley.

His curl crosses are immense, both from deep and byline. If we isolate just his technical crossing ability I would rate him in the top 15-20 in England - at least not far off.

Overall I think he could play for a Championship team, especially if his defensive responsibilities were less than in his current role at Notts.

Hopefully we can make even more use of his crosses when Jatta is ready to play. We have fantastic crosses from both left (JJ) and right (Crowley).

Edited by Morten Johansen
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Supporter+

• Like 2

Supporter+

Congratulations Jodi. Well deserved.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

well done to jodi, i think we are starting to see his desire and impact towards wanting to help the club continue its promotion push. hes shown a lot going forward and deserves this acknowledgement. on his day, hes difficult to play against and we need to continue to get the best out of him. i would love to see stuart maynard allow jodi to have a level of freedom when attacking. if we can get a few more goals from him on a regular basis, instead of just the assists we may start to improve our overall form. obviously its a team game but there is no doubt that jodi jones is one of our best players.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Supporter+

Totally agree with you @liampie Jodi is quickly becoming our most influential player. I agree that he should have a more free role. We will have to see in the next few weeks how Stuart organises the team and who he selects. Will he keep with the side against Mansfield or make changes? It's going to be a fascinating Friday evening against Gillingham.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  36

Love JJ, I think he is easily our best player so far this season. He is just brilliant at crossing the ball between keeper and the last line of defence, it’s a nightmare to defend against and a godsend for strikers.

As to whether he could play in the championship, I’m not so sure as the injuries he suffered have robbed him of his pace, he would have to play a different role but that would make him less effective. League 1 quality player for definite. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Watching Jodi Jones is a delight; his class was evident in the Boreham Wood playoff game last season, and he truly shines when the situation demands it. If Stuart Maynard can instill that winning mentality before a game slips away, it would make Jones a more consistently effective player. While I don't deny his skill, I believe there's even greater potential within his abilities.

• Love 1