Playoffs

Robbie

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

After the dissapointing result at home to Gillingham yesterday, I just want to remind everyone that we are not out of the playoff picture just yet.

Yes, we might have dropped out of the playoff places, but I believe we can still be optimistic about Notts making the playoffs. 

We have 16 games left. 
If we can win 10 or 11 games of those 16, with a draw or two mixed in, 75 or 76 points could be enough to scrape into 6th or 7th place. We could still lose up to 5 more games & still make it. Teams around us are dropping points too, so that target of 76 points could decrease. It may be too much of a tall order, but it is still possible.

We have an attacking force that everyone in this division fears. 

Gillingham set up the way they did because they feared is. We conceded goals in the same old way again, but I'm confident Stuart can turn things around. 

We played Mansfield off the park in the first half and we should have won that match.

Newport away next, time to reset and try to get a positive result there. They too will be afraid of us and will set up accordingly.

We only need a couple of wins & they'll be a different atmosphere around Meadow Lane again.

Can we make 7576 points? Yes, it's still possible.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

That’s what I like to hear @Robbie positivity. 👏

• Like 5

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,314
  • Days Won:  17

It's No Good looking at the Magpies world, through Rose Tinted Glasses and lets be honest which Notts Fan wouldn't have taken the position Notts are in currently in the League at the moment at the start of the season? I've always thought a Top half finish and maybe a run at the playoffs would be a good season on Notts return to the EFL. However I think teams have sussed Notts out, with their tippy tappy football all teams do is wait for the Notts midfield or defence, to make a mistake which they do and the opposition jump on that mistake and it usually leads to a goal. I was very disappointed that the recruitment team didn't bring in any new defenders, this seems to be a major bug bear with a lot of Magpies Fans. The defence was suspect under our former coach and nothing has been done to rectify the situation. Notts got away with it last season because top teams in the National League were few and far between. Stuart Maynard as one hell of a job on his hands and on other platforms some fans are even calling for his head Now! I think the Gaffer's biggest problem is adapting from being a part time coach to a full time one, He may even benefit from a Director of Football being appointed by the Brothers to give him a helping hand say oh I don't know Neil Warnock.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

i think the thing is that it would take a big turn around for us to suddenly start winning games, it might happen but notts feels like we are in decline. i am not being negative but realistic, as i dont know what the future scores will be. i can only go on performances and what i see, i think its a bit of a stretch to think we can win the majority of remaining games.

to me i think we will fight, but fall just short. i dont think the season is over and it depends on how notts responds from this defeat but i am mindful that stuart maynard needs time and it just wont suddenly get better.

despite this, i do feel we can reach the playoffs but thats if we go back to doing things right and how quickly we can implement those needed changes effectively. i am not a negative person, i try to think on the brighter side but i do understand why some may say there is no chance because the signs right now are small.

• Like 5

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  15

I believe the next two games are crucial. We emphasised the importance of the five leading into Mansfield, but we've only gained 1 point out of a possible 9. Wrexham won't be easy, and while we could win against Crewe, that might only be 4 points. We need more than that, and it might be worthwhile for the club to acknowledge the situation. Taking some pressure off Stuart Maynard and accepting that reaching the playoffs might not happen at this stage could be beneficial. It's possible, but if that's the target, the pressure might create a hole that continues to affect Notts negatively.

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  252
  • Days Won:  1

It's not impossible, but currently, without substantial change, which appears beyond our reach, it might become overwhelming. We required better results before Stuart Maynard's arrival, and I don't blame Luke Williams either; it is what it is. Despite the circumstances, it has been a good season, so whatever occurs, we can be content that we didn't face struggles at the other end.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  911
  • Days Won:  2

I still have hope, but I think it’s only going to get tougher. Notts needs to turn things around and hope for good results. They did at times earlier in the season, but I fear that at this stage, teams are fighting for form and the better teams will continue to vie for the top spots. It might be beyond our reach, but remember, we gained promotion last season. Next year, they can regroup and try again.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It’s starting to look a bit rosier after Tuesdays win so who knows?

• Like 1