Match Discussion: Game 34 - Red Dragons (A)

PON_News

A nice  Wrexham steward was saying that despite all the £ invested, Wrexham play poor football. The stewarding in general was also poor, a guy on crutches having to navigate along  a full row of Notts supporters when the row in front was completely empty. Head steward on that empty row, give your head a wobble. How potentially dangerous for the guy with crutches. @Dry Nelson Ray Also when entering the stands, you expect to see seat numbers displayed so the supporters can be directed more easily to their seats. There was nothing. An international stadium? You are having a laugh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Fine margins there. If we score one of our early chances that could’ve been a different game. On the whole we did well 1st half, we struggled a bit in the second half early on, Wrexham just kept us penned in and we were all over the place defensively at times. They were able to get the ball into the channels and go down the wings too easily which is exactly what they wanted. But then we took control back and we had a lot of the ball in the last 20 but struggled to really create much (our legit goal aside).

Which brings me onto the ref, I don’t like to moan too much as it’s not an easy job but he got two big decisions wrong. Lee should’ve been sent off for a second yellow, in the second half he was dispossessed, we broke and then when he was running back to try and stop our counter he just grabbed Robertson round the neck and dragged him to the floor. And I think our goal should’ve stood, looks like the top of the arm at worst and that’s on the shirt line so it’s not handball. Like Stuart Maynard says the reactions tell the story for you, no Wrexham player appealed yet Didzy goes absolutely mental at the ref, why would he if he had handballed?

Someone like Jatta in the 2nd half would’ve been perfect, our crossing was poor but the cross had to be perfect when all our attackers are smaller than the 3 Wrexham CBs. Wrexham defended well, we actually defended better too. I just thought going forward at times it was too slow, like we almost wanted to create the perfect chance. Like we’ve shown recently with our defending we need a bit more grit and determination about our attack. Our attack gets a lot of credit but against the better teams in this league we’ve struggled to score.

And I’m really starting to like Roberston. He was excellent again, covers the ground well, really good on the ball and wins a lot of challenges too. Early days but he looks to be a really good signing.

• Like 5

Watched the extended highlights on You Tube. Watching Didzy's  so called hand ball I thought the ball hit him in the chest, so the goal should have stood, but that's football as they say.  I think Didzy needs a rest, he leaves all he's got on the pitch every game, so getting Jatta up to speed is a must. Like fellow fans I was surprised that Macari didn't start he had an excellent game at Newport. Nice to see the defence starting to tighten up, but Notts still need a couple more defenders. And a Leader on the pitch, something I don't think the Magpies have had since Michael Doyle.

• Like 3

14 games left.

Can we get 9 wins and 1 draw out of those 14 to finish on 75 points which should be enough, as we will be playing many of our rivals for that 7th playoff spot?

It's a tall order but still very possible. 

Has to be a must win against Crewe on Saturday.

CMON I PIES.

• Like 1

As iFollow decided not to work for me or many other fans (and their "support" staff failed to fix it or even respond), I relied on the radio. Apart from a second-half wobble it sounded like we played well, but in tighter games like this we always seem to come up a little bit short. Wrexham play percentage football that isn't great to watch, but it's effective and that's what we lack sometimes.

As for the handball, it was one of those situations where even VAR wouldn't give you a definitive answer. I think McGoldrick dramatically raising his arm out of the way led to the loud shout of "handball", which in turn influenced the ref.

• Like 2

This date was circled on my calendar with a big, red marker. It was like waiting for Santa to drop down the chimney. Notts? They played like they had rockets strapped to their boots. Edge-of-your-seat moments? There were more than a popcorn flick. The players showed a hunger for the game that would put a starved lion to shame.

Sure, luck might have played hide and seek at times, but the performance? It was like watching a blockbuster in IMAX. Here’s to hoping Stuart Maynard can sail through the storm and lead you to a grand finale.

Good luck with the rest of the games!

On 18/02/2024 at 08:16, Piethagoram said:

How potentially dangerous for the guy with crutches. @Dry Nelson Ray Also when entering the stands, you expect to see seat numbers displayed so the supporters can be directed more easily to their seats. There was nothing. An international stadium? You are having a laugh.

You’re absolutely right. This is like finding a plot twist in a movie that you didn’t see coming. The head of security and the senior stewards should’ve been on this like white on rice. And the seats? We need to get that sorted faster than you can say “popcorn”. Shaun Harvey and Fleur Robinson will be in the loop quicker than a rollercoaster ride. And our stadium operations manager? They’ll be briefed too.

On 19/02/2024 at 05:42, Piethagoram said:

@Dry Nelson Ray Perhaps you can write to the EFL and ask that the game should now be recorded as 1-1 You can make a good point for football and for us 😉

As for Billy, sounds like he’s feeling the sting of the game’s outcome. But hey, I’ll make sure to pass his comment to Paul. It’ll bring a smile to his face faster than a kid in a candy store. After all, a little laughter goes a long way, right?

• Love 1