Without Fans There Is No Football - Petition

lewysCOV

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Guys,

I am Lewis and I am a Coventry City supporter! *booooo* ...

I was wondering if you guys could help us, we are currently running a petition and need to reach 100,000 signatures for it to be considered by government!

For those that didn't know, we have been moved 35 miles away from Coventry to Northampton whilst the council and owners Otium(SISU) bicker over the Ricoh Arena. With other issues such as Hull Tigers, Cardiff and now more recently Leeds United we felt a petition was in order for the Government to start to take action!

"

Football is our national game but the interests of fans are being disregarded by club owners and ruling bodies - government action is needed. UK football clubs are not financial franchises: they are rooted in their local communities and are an important part of local identity and heritage. But a new type of club owner is disregarding all that, pricing many people out of the game with inflated ticket and other costs, alienating people by seeking to change clubs’ names, colours and so on. Football's governing bodies are failing to address the situation. We therefore ask that the Department for Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee revisits its work on football governance and illustrates growing problems by undertaking a short Inquiry into one particular club, Coventry City, whose owner has relocated the club from the City of Coventry to Northampton, 35 miles away. This will highlight concerns shared by football fans across the country, and the need for action."

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/59884

We would greatly appreciate it if you could sign it for us, and share it amoung the wider football family before this mess gets too far! (possibly even make it a sticky on the site?)

Also, during the notts county game, Coventry fans are going to hold "WHY?" signs up at 35 minutes (35 miles from Ricoh Arena, Coventry to Sixfields, Northampton), and we would appreciate it if you would kindly offer your support for this with applause.

Good luck for the rest of the season! - apart from on saturday of course!

Lewis

#KeepCovInCov

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

Sad to see when owners take advantage of clubs and move it away from their fanbase.

Happy to sign, see you on Saturday. Hopefully those 'Why' signs will make an appearance at 90 minutes questioning why/how you lost :P

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Hi,

We had an arrival of another Sky Blue fan who shared the link, I also posted it on our social networks to promote it. Hopefully that would have done some good but I am more than happy to try and help further if needs be.

Welcome to Pride of Nottingham, there's no need to boo ;) We like our opposition fans here and hopefully from time to time you will visit us. It's nice to bridge closer to football and bypass all the bitter rivalry, I also know a few people here actually look forward to hearing the views from opposition fans. We call them 'residents' here, mainly due to two Shrews who helped us in the early days.

See you around :)

Thanks for the support gents :) 

Unfortunately I cannot make the game this saturday as it is my daughter's 1st birthday, but hopefully it will be a good game! 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

welcome

Thanks for the support gents :)

Unfortunately I cannot make the game this saturday as it is my daughter's 1st birthday, but hopefully it will be a good game! 

hope you have a good day, happy birthday day to your daughter. 

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Good luck with your petition.I hope the issues are resolved sooner rather than later.Hope our daughter has a lovely birthday. :birthday:

• Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

Signed and good luck

• Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

Good luck with the petition. I hope you have a great day with your daughter, Happy Birthday to her.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Let's make a deal... I'll sign your petition if you promise us 3 points on Saturday? ;)

Seriously all the best with this, happy to sign, it really is about time the powers that be stepped in. Football is one of this country's biggest and greatest exports, surely it shouldn't be allowed to be ruined like this? I really do fear it will end up like American football with franchises everywhere. The rich continue to get richer, the poor get poorer, and amongst all this are owners there to just make a quick buch, without any interest for the clubs or the supporters. It's a sorry state of affairs

Let's make a deal... I'll sign your petition if you promise us 3 points on Saturday? ;)

Seriously all the best with this, happy to sign, it really is about time the powers that be stepped in. Football is one of this country's biggest and greatest exports, surely it shouldn't be allowed to be ruined like this? I really do fear it will end up like American football with franchises everywhere. The rich continue to get richer, the poor get poorer, and amongst all this are owners there to just make a quick buch, without any interest for the clubs or the supporters. It's a sorry state of affairs

The powers that be are very good at telling us when we can take our holidays and what we should put in  our kids lunch boxes but haven't a clue (or don't care)when it comes to football and dubious owners.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

The powers that be are very good at telling us when we can take our holidays and what we should put in  our kids lunch boxes but haven't a clue (or don't care)when it comes to football and dubious owners.

They've also become very good at telling us to drink water when the suns out and wear a coat when it's raining

Thanks for the support guys! And thanks for the birthday wishes for the daughter!

Unfortunately I can't promise you 3 points, we need to recover this -10 somehow! ;)

• Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

We need the win too! :P

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good luck with the petition and I will be applauding with you and I hope Coventry fans will also support the minutes applause for a great past player of ours Tony Hateley.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Good luck with the Petition Cov! 

We Kind of know where your at in Re; Finances. 

Well it looks like I did manage to secure your 3 points! ;)

Cheers for the continued support and all the best for the rest of the season!

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Well it looks like I did manage to secure your 3 points! ;)

Cheers for the continued support and all the best for the rest of the season!

Thanks! Consider the result a huge favour in the survival of our L1 status.

It was a good game, I felt you guys threatened us but we for once dealt with it as we should.

Have you seen this? Would you mind sharing it with other Sky Blue fans?

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnkS4ilTS-Q

See you around. :)

Yes,good luck  all Coventry fans.I hope common sense prevails and you return home soon.

Archived