Macca to the Red Dragons?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,314
  • Days Won:  17

I have stated in  a couple of  comments on PON that I had a Horrible Nagging feeling at the back of my mind that Wrexham might put in a Bid for Macca once the Summer Transfer window opens. Imagine to my Horror  that Wrexham (along Bolton and Peterborough) are thinking of making such a Move. The story comes from the Football League World on line. Is it True or Just Paper Talk? Would Notts let Macca go to Wales if the price was right or wait for a better bid from a Championship Club?  Or hold onto him with the hope his goals will get the Magpies into League 1 next season? It's going to be one Hell of an Off Season. Macca to Wrexham me and my Big Mouth !!

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,501
  • Days Won:  287

It's paper talk. The stuff on that website is pure speculation, in the hope that people click on their articles - they earn money from advertising with each click.

That's not to say I couldn't see it happening, Wrexham are one of the clubs that could afford a hefty transfer fee, they can offer a step up and must be a genuinely exciting club to play for right now. But there's no point worrying about speculation like that, he's under contract and Notts don't have to sell.

• Like 3

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

It's click and bait @Wheelbarrow repair man Wrexham are big in the news and these news organisations just want views for their advertising revenue.

For one, how does Langstaff and Mullin fit in the same side for one?

Notts hold all the cards here. Macca has a long 3 year contract left. Notts will probably offer him an improved deal. 

If a club wants him they will have to pay an unprecedented amount for him. 

Macca's goal scoring record speaks for itself, but he has also had good suppliers too, in Jodi, Dan and Didzy. 

Would he get that great service at Wrexham who play differently to Notts anyway?

It will be down to Macca in the end but Notts have that long contract as a good insurance policy just in case 

Every player has his price and for me it has to be around £2 million for starters. Maybe a deal with a couple of defenders coming this way. 

In the end I think only the prospect of playing Championship football would tempt him such as with Sunderland or Swansea.

No matter where he goes, Notts will be in the money.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  75
  • Days Won:  6

Absolutely, pure click bait - and often badly badly researched with lots of errors - on that site. 

But let's suppose it's true, he's bound to have attracted attention, the other 2 seem better options to me.

Bolton and Peterborough will certainly be pushing for promotion, Wrexham will have to invest heavily to be up at that level as there are some real big hitters in that division.

And you're spot on @Robbie it will be a good deal for Notts if he leaves.

• Like 2

Well it seems Wales on line has also swallowed the Clickbait has they have run a Story along the same lines. The thing is Wrexham have ambition and money to make a strong push for the Championship or even the Premier League. Another thing which makes people think Macca wont go to the Red Dragons is Paul Mullin stating he and Macca play a similar Role however Macca played a different role at Gateshead and it was Luke Williams who changed Macca's and Ceds roles around at Notts. Another big plus is the fact Macca (27) is two years younger than Mullin (29) and when a out field player hits 30 his chances playing in the  Championship and Premier ( if he's not playing there already) can drop rapidly. An example is Jamie Vardy at Leicester if they get promoted back to the Premiership next season he isn't going to be a regular first team player is he?

If the current Wrexham owners are happy enough to pour money into the club and their success continues with further Promotions should Macca join them he could be playing Premier League Football in three years. But when it's all said and done I think Macca might still end up in Wales but with Luke Williams at Swansea and if Williams can convince the Swans Owners I wouldn't be surprised to see Jodi go there as well.

• Like 2

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man As I said before, anyone who wants him will have to pay for big money.

Everyone has their price, and if it happens Notts will take the money, move on and be fine.

• Like 1

I didn't know if to put this in the Joke of the Day section of the PON site, or on here. But it seems Wrexham are going to have competition signing Notts County's £340 K rated striker Macauley Langstaff . Who writes this Stuff?  That comment is about as funny as New BBC Comedy show. It comes from a on line site called the Real EFL. It's about as real as  Rocking Horse Poop. If the Author of this piece had done any research they would know  the Price being banded about for Macca this season is £1.5 million and that's an insult.  I hope the writer isn't getting paid for that story, if they are they should be wearing a Mask and Hooped Shirt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man A lot of the Wrexham stuff is aimed at their American fan base.

Of course the yanks haven't got a clue about value of footballers in this Country, they are just vaguely familiar with the name, and yes, you could have easily put this news in the joke of the day. It did make me laugh😀

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

You don't play Macca and Mullin in the same team, given Parkinson's direct tactics. Either Mullin or Macca would become a very expensive sub. Don't see it.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  8,984
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Dry Nelson Ray Maybe if you offered £20m , Notts may consider it.

Meanwhile, will a pre season friendly v Notts be on the agenda in July?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  81
  • Days Won:  4

@Piethagoram Baseless conjecture, I'm afraid. There's no substance behind it. It's not that Macaulay Langstaff wouldn't be an excellent acquisition, but he isn't on Phil's list of desired signings.

• Like 3

How about Macca to Peterborough for £1m plus Tshimanga? 

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,111
  • Days Won:  54

Now that would be an interesting offer and dilemma! I know his last few seasons haven’t been great since his big injury at Chesterfield. Assuming there are not any lasting effects I’d be very tempted as we'd effectively get a replacement and a lot of money. He just scored 7 goals in 16 games in a struggling Boreham Wood team, I think in our team given the chances we create he would do pretty well.

Peterborough sold Mason-Clark to Coventry for £4.25 Mil so they would be one of the few L1 clubs that could realistically afford him…

• Like 1

He had 40 appearances for 3 clubs last season although only managed more than 45 mins in one game with Fleetwood. With Jatta, Scott and McGoldrick, I'd think it might be a gamble worth taking for a 26 year old. Manage him well and get him firing, but only as a big cash plus deal with Macca. If we can keep Macca, we don't need another striker.

• Like 2