Match Discussion: Game 46 - The Green (A)

PON_News

Game 46 - The Green (A)

Team: Forest Green Rovers

Date: 27/04/2024

Where: The New Lawn

What line-up should Stuart Maynard opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

As this is the final Game of the season perhaps it's time to give a couple of Notts youngsters a chance of minutes on the pitch. Also start Cedwyn Scott from the off along side Macca. Hopefully Macca can score a Brace to push him past the 30 goal in a season mark. Final score Forest Green 0-3 Notts.

• Like 1

It has certainly been a season of ups and downs for Notts with the last match of the league season at Forest Green in sight.

Notts have had a good run of games coming up to this last fixture, three wins in four & only one defeat in five.

Notts have clearly stopped the rot of poor results and they will be hoping to finish with another win.

Key areas will be as always, Notts's defence & cutting out the silly mistakes. We know Notts will create chances. If they can achieve a clean sheet it's odds on Notts will win.

I would play the strongest side available to try to get the win. I would start with Cedwyn Scott partnering Langstaff up front to give him some minutes before the end of the season.

I would put a couple of youngsters on the bench, Sanderson & Mahovo and gives them minutes in the second half.

Forest Green must not be underestimated, and Notts need to keep up the intensity that they have shown for the last few matches.

Let's finish the season with a good performance with a few goals and a good defensive performance. This should put a big smile on supporter's faces for the summer break.

Supporter+

FGR's relegation is a big set back for their owner's plans. Their new wooden stadium is being constructed with league football in mind. You'd wonder what their budget will be in the NL. With the right signings, they should push for promotion. The NL is wide open next season. 

It feels like the season has flown by. It certainly hasn't been boring. Goals flying in all over the place. A defence that would give you high blood pressure. I'm looking forward to a trip to Carlisle next season. The castle, the cathedral and the football. Heaven......oh yeah, I think we'll win tomorrow......

• Like 1

Team news is in. No Jatta again.

We have the same team that started against Colchester, so we have the extra Midfielder again with Langstaff supported by Crowley.

Supporter+

Come on Notts let’s finish on a high with a good win and finish in the top half.

If we win 4-2 it’ll be 100 scored and 100 conceded.

• Like 1

Supporter+

I’m not watching the stream but listening to the radio it’s sounds like a bit of a typical end of season match, nothing to play for.

Cameron header in the side netting and Crowley shot right on half time went wide.

Final Score.

Forest Green 1 Notts 0

Very dissapointing performance by Notts today

I was hoping for so much more from them but we just huffed and puffed and then conceded a goal by what has become so usual this season, faffing around at the back and losing possession.

That's 99 goals conceded now in all matches this season.

Not a good Statistic to have in the history books 

Supporter+

One word. Woeful. Another mistake leading to a goal. Also not scoring against the bottom side in the league. We lost 3 out of 4 to the relegated sides. This Summer is massive. We have to get the recruitment right. 

• Like 2

PATHETIC CAN'T EVEN BEAT THE TEAM AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE. One Striker up front Again. Seriously Maynard brings the Fans Wrath Down upon his Own Head with his choices. From an Off Season where there could have been plenty of Hope for the Club  at the beginning of 2024/2025 for the Next three months there's only going to be Negative response from the Fans and Fresh Calls for Stuart Maynard's head and how much Longer is the "Model" game plan going to be played, until it's realised it doesn't work in League 2? There's going to be Massive Questions asked in this coming off Season and if they're Not Answered there is going to be an Exodus of Fans from the Lane.

At Least the RAMS WON and are Promoted back to The Championship. Happy For You Super Ram at Least you have something to Celebrate Good on Yer.

Edited by Wheelbarrow repair man
  • Like 1

@Wheelbarrow repair man

Agree. I'm so disappointed today, Stuart put an extra midfielder in there instead of two strikers as we've had all season.

With Luke Notts could never be accused of being negative, but playing the extra midfielder against a bottom of the league side was full on negative.

But the players have to take the blame too. Players out of contract in the summer should be busting a gut to finish the season on a high.

We conceded the goal then Stuart makes substitutions and Notts go on all out attack for the final 15 minutes. Then putting on young Mahovo on 88 minutes was 30 minutes too late anyway 

I wanted to see Scott start today in partnership with Langstaff yet Stuart decided to play cautious.

I hope that isn't an indication of things to come next season because fans won't like that tactic at all.

And what's happened to Jatta? The club has been very silent about his injury.

• Like 1

Robbie

I said that Macca and Cedwyn should have started the Colchester game up front and see how that went. At the least Ceds should have had some game time today. Maynard is he a Glutton for Punishment? He must have known that that kind of Performance is Going To Rankle Fans, does he Enjoy getting Abuse from Fans on Social Media? You know it's going to be coming with Venom, what is up with the Bloke? After clawing back some sort of Dignity and Respect from Fans the Magpies turn in a Display like that.  How many better players are going to attracted to the Club with a Dithering undecisive Head Coach in the Dug Out? Let's hope Notts can hold onto Jim O'Brien because if the Magpies don't  get off to a Decent Start, next season Jim could find himself back in charge as  interim Boss again.

• Like 1

The players should rightly be embarrassed with that defeat 

We know where the changes need to be made.

The same mistakes are being made time after time and it is plain that the only way to stop this happening is for changes in personnel in certain areas next season.

I also think that the style of play has to be modified. The one player Notts is missing is Jatta. We looked much more dangerous with him in the side.

Enough with the up and coming players, we need some seasoned league 1 or league 2 experienced professionals to compete with the best in this league to get promoted.

The owners need to just look at teams like Stockport,  Mansfield and the inform team Doncaster to analyse how they became successful this season.

• Like 1

Supporter+

Very disappointing result but at least there was nothing hanging on this game, let’s hope things can be sorted out in the close season.

• Love 1

A very much Neal Ardley type of performance. We really didn't have a clue in the forward areas as to how to break down a deep block. I think FGR scored when Macari was off the field injured and we were down to 10 men. A season that promised so much ends on a whimper. A big summer ahead, not only getting the defensive /GK recruitment right but offloading some of the deadwood still under contract

• Like 1

The question has been asked umpteen times this season.

Why don't the players follow the rule.

WHEN IN DOUBT, KICK IT OUT OR UPFIELD.

What's hard about that?

• Like 1

Supporter+
59 minutes ago, Robbie said:

The question has been asked umpteen times this season.

Why don't the players follow the rule.

WHEN IN DOUBT, KICK IT OUT OR UPFIELD.

What's hard about that?

We need Stubbsy to give them a few lessons. :joker:

• Haha 1