Notts players contracts expiring 30.06.24

Robbie

Cedwyn Scott - 2 years

Geraldo Bajrami - 1 year

Jim O'Brien - Coaching role (released from player contract)

Release - Aden Baldwin, Richard Brindley, John Bostock, Tobi Adebayo-Rowling and Luther Munakandafa

No offers made for the loan players either.

Sell or mutually terminate Rawlinson, Chicksen, Slocombe, Randall and Morias

Progression over loyalty. Time to move forwards

• Like 2

@ARLukomski

Add Cameron and Stone to Sell or Terminate Contract.. Cameron is to slow any attacker with speed can out run him. Not Captain or Leadership Material. Could possibly do a job in the National League. Stone poor keeper doesn't command his Box good enough not good under pressure. Tiernan Brookes will be a better cover, for a Newly signed number one Goal Keeper. Luther I would give a chance because it seems like all Notts Youth players he's loaned out repeatedly over and over again, never been given a real chance to show his progression. Then again all this moving about may make him decide to move away from the Lane and try his Luck else where.

No loan players over this season have warranted a second chance at the Club. Instead of getting in Loan players, give the Youth team members a chance to shine in 2024/2025.

• Like 2

@ARLukomski

I generally agree with your assessment however I would keep Luther with a one year, as he is still young and could develop further.

Bajrami, I'm not sure about, whether Notts can take a chance on him with a fresh contract.

Chicksen: He still has a one year contract left & I would  like him to stay. I do like him in the left wingback role and with the right recruitment of centre backs, he could be effective in that role covering for Jodi if Jodi stays. Chicksen can play across the back line too.

@Wheelbarrow repair man 

I agree with most of your assessment too, however I believe that Cameron could still do a job for us (he still has a year to go on his contract) as he can play in any position across the back line and again, he could improve with fresh players coming in.

General

I think we have to retain at least two of the current back line, Cameron & Chicksen.

I am sure Notts have a list of players that they want, they will possibly already have a short list. Notts may have already been in touch with agents too.

As I've said before, Notts need tall, strong, physical experienced & seasoned League 1 or League 2 players who can compete well with opponents.

But they need to modify their style of play too, and that is going to be as important as recruiting the players.

• Like 1

@Wheelbarrow repair man @Robbie

The reason I would keep Stone is so we don't have to buy 2 keepers. Buying 2 keepers would, for me, slow Brooks' development. As much as Slocombe has been a great servant to us, we have to move on. He's in his mid 30's and Swindon was the last straw.

As for Bajrami, I would have him as squad depth. A physical presence we can have as another option in midfield. I would be signing 2 new centre mids in the summer to go with Matty, Robbo and Baj. 

Cameron would've been on there but I can't see us moving him on as he's captain and he's got another year. If it were me, I'd take the captain's armband off of him. 

Chicksen has given us some great memories, but we need to upgrade. One good game against MK isn't enough I'm afraid. There isn't enough quality coming from the LWB role and he goes backwards way way too many times. Plus, if Jodi goes, we will need to bring in a strong LWB anyway.

• Like 1

@Piethagoram I know Chicksen is under contract, I think he's worth keeping for the year he's under contract for. Notts will probably have to keep Cameron and Chicksen anyway if they don't want to leave.

I just don't think it makes sense to get rid of all our present defenders.

I’m with @ARLukomskiand @Piethagoramon this, but think we may have to look at loaning out some of the two year contract players as cannot see us mutually cancelling them all. I really fear for the clubs thinking if we offer Baldwin a contract, on his day he is good enough but he must have at least a dozen assists for the opposition.

I also can’t see us bringing in at least 12 new signings so think we will be using most as squad players. I can see us bringing 8 players in maximum to be honest and any more would depend on first teamers such as Macca leaving.

Stone has to go, he’s poor at claiming crosses, doesn’t talk and isn’t a great shot stopper either. He’s just not built like a modern day rangy shot stopper, he’s a bit short and doesn’t have a great leap, I would even keep Slocombe above him, he is that poor.

Can see Chicksen and Cameron definitely staying for another year as squad players.

• Like 2