I'm Oblivious To It?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,074
  • Days Won:  17

I'm Oblivious To It? No Not Me, the words of England Head Coach Gareth Southgate, when asked about the Criticism of his England Team. Is that because You walk around with Your Head Stuck Up Your Arse then Gareth? How can he Not be Aware of the Disgruntled feelings of England Fans and Football Pundits? 

It's Not Important To Me. Then you're aware of the Criticism? But You Just said you were oblivious to it? It's make Your Mind Up  Time Gareth.

I'm My Own Biggest Critic. Well You Ain't Listening To Yourself Then, Are You Gareth?

And this Person is Who the F.A Pin Their Hopes on to Lead England To Euro's Glory.  He wouldn't know which way a Lift Went, Even If He Had Two Guesses.

Edited by Wheelbarrow repair man
  • Like 6

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,684
  • Days Won:  27

The criticism is valid, but the negativity from our fans isn't worth it. Be passionate and have your say, but don't be an idiot about it. Those fans drive me crazy because they only want success and aren't real supporters. There are a lot of valid comments about the team, but at some point, you have to accept we aren't performing well. This isn't directed at anyone here, but at those on social media with their English-themed pictures and zero faith.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

@CliftonMagpie

It comes across to me that Gareth Southgate sends out mixed Messages and seems to contradict himself. The thing is with England they have been Hyped up by the Media, with statements such has England were Favourites or among the Favourites to Win the Euro's. They Big everything Up, the Players Jude Bellingham is the Best Player in Europe, Harry Kane as Scored over 40 goals in the Bundesliga, an English Man Phil Foden is the Premier Leagues Player of the season 2023/2024.. So it's only Right the Fans have Great Expectations and when the 3 Lions don't live up to those Expectations, then Criticism is bound to come. Think about it, many England fans who have travelled to Germany have done so, buy saving up their Hard earned cash to buy Tickets for the England Group games and stay in Expensive Hotels, with England through to the Knockout Stages it will mean a Greater Cost for some Supporters to stay and follow the Team.

And what the 3 Lions have served up so far you can Understand their Disappointment and Anger. Then they wheel out the England Captain to State that Tournament Football is Tough. England Players are To Tired To Press and all Manner of Excuses  Pundits Criticises the Media Criticise is it any wonder that Fans are going to jump on the Bandwagon? 

It's the same all over Football, you only need to look at the Current situation at Notts. Fantastic Signings Stuart's got his own Squad Now, should the Magpies hold on to Macca and Jodi what are the Notts Fans going to Expect? League 2 Champions, or Automatic Promotion or Promotion via the play offs at the Very Least. Anything else will be classed as Failure, then the Fans are going to Start Moaning. Oh they're just Fine Weather Fans, I think Notts will have lost those type of Fans by Now, a vast majority will have Gone after the Disaster of Last Season. Even Genuine Fans Moan, and after following the Magpies for over Forty Years I've just about seen everything Football As To Offer.

• Like 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,147
  • Days Won:  154
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

With Football everyone has an opinion, even the Refs have an opinion and that is the problem with VAR, thought I'd mention VAR, but we'll leave VAR for another time 

That's the Football game. We have opinions, without opinion the game would be boring wouldn't it 

If I'm not happy with something I'll speak out, if I'm happy with something, I will praise 

Footballers have to take the rough with the smooth, they are paid to deliver, if they don't they are criticised, & told to improve. If they don't listen, they are dropped simple.

• Like 4

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,102
  • Days Won:  2

Gareth Southgate says he doesn’t pay attention to the fans’ comments or their negativity. However, he seems to have done everything they asked for. He gave Cole Palmer more playing time and dropped Trent Alexander Arnold. Honestly, I think we missed Trent. His passes could have helped us against Slovenia and given us more time on the wings. We’ve made it through, and we just need to keep improving. Sometimes, winning isn’t pretty, but it’s enough.

• Like 4

@KingMaynard

He should have brought Jack Grealish Despite Not Playing much for Manchester City, towards the end of the season he would have moved a Hell of a lot Quicker than some current England Players Southgate as Picked.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

Worse thing Jack Grealish did career wise was to move to Man City because City don't suit his style. Yes, he made millions on the transfer but career wise it was a big mistake, because, when your not in the Man City side as a regular, Southgate notices it.

I agree that Southgate should have taken him to Germany.

• Like 3

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

And what's happening to Jude Bellingham?

He was hardly in the game tonight, he looks absolutely knackered.

He's supposed to be our most gifted player. Most of the England moves should be coming thru him.

That's what you get after a long season playing for Real Madrid, 

• Like 3

@Robbie

True Words you have spoken, career wise Jack should never have gone to Man City. Because if you get into Pep's bad Books he'll try and Destroy your Career, despite all his Success Pep dose have a Dark Side. Look what he did to Joe Hart who thankfully did manage to get his Career back on course at Celtic and finish with a Bag Full of Trophies in Scotland.

If he doesn't get Back in the City Side on a Regular Basis, I expect him to Leave in the next January Transfer Window

• Like 2

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

Jack Grealish tearing down the wing, England are missing his passion and commitment as well as his pace and movement.

We know it, why doesn't Southgate know it?

• Like 2

@Robbie

We know it, why doesn't Southgate Know it? I think the whole of English Football Knows It, both Fans and Pundits. Because the English Head Coach is a Total Clueless..... I think I'd better Stop There  I Don't want throwing of the Site. But I think you get the Idea. Hopefully this is his Last Tournament and England's next Head Coach  is a Proper Coach who Plays Players in their correct Positions and Brings out the Talent, England Obviously Has In It's Ranks.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man It looks likely that England will be playing the Netherlands or maybe Czechia depending on results. 

Those sides are not walkovers by any means. The Netherlands haven't been firing on all cylinders but are very dangerous.

The point is, if we can't break a 57 ranked team such Slovenia down, Netherlands, although they finished third in their group, are definitely a step up.

If England don't improve from what we've seen, I do fear for them. 

• Like 2

@Robbie

I was just about to ask who the Hell are Czechia? It's the Czech Republic in English, is it not? 

As I've said I'm not following the Tournament as closely as you, but who ever England meet in the next round, I think they'll get Knocked Out, they just don't seem to be up for this Competition, there's a lethargy around the whole Squad and an I Don't Give A Damn Attitude from the Team which turns up on the Pitch. Southgate as stuck to the same players only changing the odd one and he Refuses to change Tactics.

My only hope is when England are Knocked Out Southgate does the Honourable thing and Falls on his Sword. Eight years spent playing a System which doesn't suit the National Side, it used to just about worked against the Minnows of the Football World but now even they have worked England Out and the 3 Lions struggle against those Team as Proven in the England Group Matches.

• Like 2

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

I've started a new topic that should lead on very well from our discussion here.

• Like 1

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

9 hours ago, Wheelbarrow repair man said:

@Robbie

We know it, why doesn't Southgate Know it? I think the whole of English Football Knows It, both Fans and Pundits. Because the English Head Coach is a Total Clueless..... I think I'd better Stop There  I Don't want throwing of the Site. But I think you get the Idea. Hopefully this is his Last Tournament and England's next Head Coach  is a Proper Coach who Plays Players in their correct Positions and Brings out the Talent, England Obviously Has In It's Ranks.

100% agree. Hopeful that this is his last tournament. Club managers get the best out of their players week in week out during the season yet Southgate makes them look like mediocre players playing for a mediocre team. This is quite possibly the most talented bunch of players we've had for many years. Players that should be playing MILES better than what they have been. 

It's clear to see where the issues lie but it's a question asked by so many as you've mentioned pundits and fans alike everyone can see it why can't Southgate? 

Rather than claiming he's oblivious to it maybe it's time he listened to the criticism and do something about it. Silence the critics. Instead, he's been stubborn stuck by his own way of doing things and done nothing to silence the critics. 

The criticism is justified.

• Like 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

On 25/06/2024 at 23:36, Wheelbarrow repair man said:

He should have brought Jack Grealish Despite Not Playing much for Manchester City, towards the end of the season he would have moved a Hell of a lot Quicker than some current England Players Southgate as Picked.

I disagree; I think it was the correct decision not to bring Jack Grealish.

He worked much harder when he couldn't get a game, but over time he became predictable and complacent. In this squad, giving him the ball would only invite pressure back onto us, as he wouldn't have many options to play and would most likely try to take on players without really considering what happens if he lost the ball.

I love Jack Grealish, he's a great player, but he becomes very average when he doesn't push himself. If we could take Jack Grealish before the City move or the earlier signing, in terms of how he played. I would have him no doubt, but not the current player.

• Like 2

@Chris I think that's why  @Robbie and myself think Jack's move to Man City wasn't the right one for him.  Sine Pep's got hold of him, Well let's just say it's A disappointment. I think that  Jack is much better off in a weaker team, that is where he's the Star Turn at City he's surrounded by other Top Players and this I think as made him Lazy. At Villa they relied on him they needed him, and by Far was their Best Player. With that Pressure he seemed to Thrive, but remove that Responsibility and well we've all seen the Result.

Despite that I still think Southgate should have taken him to Germany (my opinion) because even if Jack was on the Bench he would still be an impact player. As I've stated before it wouldn't Surprise me, to see Jack move in the Next Transfer Window. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

gareth southgate will be aware of comments, i am sure he will be trying to avoid them but its impossible. football does not treat people very kindly when it turns ugly, nobody can say he does not try and just be things are different under him. the performance have not been great. the personal attacks, the verbal abuse and idiot behaviour towards him is unacceptable. criticism is fair, but the other side is not that.

england wont sack a manager mid way through the tournament.

similar to when things turn ugly at notts, all it does is add pressure and makes worse. its very ugly and whilst i think fans should be able to express themselves, they should show a bit more support at times.

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,684
  • Days Won:  27

Today showed we have better in-form players who deserve to be there ahead of Jack Grealish. Personally, I think his partying spirit has affected his game, not Manchester City. He should be making a big impact but is now failing to even make their team.