Early morning rant - Dog mess

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I've just heard on the radio that Nottinghamshire school children will no longer be allowed to visit the county's nature reserves because of the problem of dog faeces being left on paths.

This really annoys me, we used to take 4 children to and from school and it was a nightmare steering the kids round dog poo on the pavement so they don't step in it.

Some of the ones that do pick it up then think it's a good idea to hang the bag in the nearest tree like some bizarre decoration. :censored:

It's time these irresponsible dog owners were punished with really hefty fines.

Rant over, I'd better stop before I blow a gasket. :veryangry:

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I have nothing against dogs, though those type of owners annoy the life out of me. There's this women in her late 50's, she walks her dog at unreasonable times (it's a yapper) yet the thing which annoys me is the fact she takes it for a walk to do it's business any from her property. A little/small lumps always outside other peoples gates!

She's not the only one around here and people should pick it, keep it and bin it.

Only a small minority of people don't though.

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

its the same on parks around here, people dont pick it up.

on the streets its different, hardly any problem but it makes me angry that people can be so ignorant.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Oh dear,I think someone will be joining your rant soon @tonyhateley.Guess who?

Supporter+

Is it another grumpy old man? :joker:

When it comes to certain issues yes. Dog poo,ignorant people stepping across when he he's pushing me, impatient people.Shall I go on,Queue jumpers,fans of that lot,commentators on TV,the weather,out of control kids with parents who couldn't care less,people on mobile phones speaking too loud.I could go on forever but then I bet you're the same @tonyhateley. :rollonfloorlaughing:

Supporter+

When it comes to certain issues yes. Dog poo,ignorant people stepping across when he he's pushing me, impatient people.Shall I go on,Queue jumpers,fans of that lot,commentators on TV,the weather,out of control kids with parents who couldn't care less,people on mobile phones speaking too loud.I could go on forever but then I bet you're the same @tonyhateley. :rollonfloorlaughing:

You've described me to a tee @GrannyPie :shifty:

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  1

councils gone mad. i'm sick of all these stupid rules. why don't councils stop dogs or catch the owners? this comes from a dog owner. whenever we take our Floss out we always have two bags attached to the lead just incase. but the amount of dog mess up our close in nottingham is ridiculous....its always from the same bloody dog as well, the main trouble causer in our close. and when i rang up the council to complain, they said until his dog was caught doing it then they couldn't do anything....hmmm, sorry but i have more iimportant things to do with my life than stand around waiting for his bloody dog to poop outside our house

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

I've just heard on the radio that Nottinghamshire school children will no longer be allowed to visit the county's nature reserves because of the problem of dog faeces being left on paths.

This really annoys me, we used to take 4 children to and from school and it was a nightmare steering the kids round dog poo on the pavement so they don't step in it.

Some of the ones that do pick it up then think it's a good idea to hang the bag in the nearest tree like some bizarre decoration. :censored:

It's time these irresponsible dog owners were punished with really hefty fines.

Rant over, I'd better stop before I blow a gasket. :veryangry:

Don't start me off @tonyhateley.I'll continue below.

its the same on parks around here, people dont pick it up.

on the streets its different, hardly any problem but it makes me angry that people can be so ignorant.

You're lucky with the streets @liampie.

Too blood true!

Is it another grumpy old man? :joker:

There's a lot to be grumpy about nowadays @tonyhateley.We should start a club!

You've described me to a tee @GrannyPie :shifty:

Whenever I go out pushing Granny or Ava  I have to negotiate dog poo everywhere .and there's supposed to be a dog poo patrol !It's bad in our close.We've told the poolice(not a mis-spelling) and council but that's a waste of time even though we have a good idea who the culprits are.As for the poo bag tree decoration-that happens with soiled nappies too.I'm starting a new thread regarding things that annoy you.I think @Harry's_Mummy Summed the poo situation up very nicely

i dont think i leave near many dog owners, plenty of cats.  :ahappy:

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  68
  • Days Won:  0

I'm a dog owner and always pick up after mine.  However it's true most owners don't.  I do remember an incident before we moved house, where I was walking along with two of the little bags (full) in one hand when my dog decided he might not quite have finished.  He squatted but didn't do anything and so I walked on, only to be greeted by a woman who had waited for me to pass her and then began to follow me, shouting at the top of her voice about ignorant pigs who don't pick up after their dogs.  I pointed out the bags in my hand and asked her what she thought might be in them.  Didn't matter, she followed me for around 10 minutes shouting and swearing her head off threatening me with the police. 

I was MORE than happy for her to call them.  A couple of days later I happened to be chatting to another person with a dog who also picked up after theirs (I think we were the only two who did) and the same woman had done exactly the same to them.

It's so irritating when you are a responsible owner, and get this sort of thing due to other dog owners not picking up.  I agree it should be policed better.  A few hefty fines and things would soon change.

thats the thing majority of people would not respond like that to the people who dont care or do it. i think its because they see a polite person and think they can let steam off, when if they did it someone else they might receive verbals themselves.

That's very true @liampie,some people are seen as easy targets.

That's very true @liampie,some people are seen as easy targets.

i think some people moan rather easily which is a shame in its own right. a women a few houses down from my mum is always starting arguments with neighbours, she once complained that someones extension casted a shadow on her flowers.

odd because the extension is in the back and the flowers she moaned about was on the front of her house.

There are some people who never stop moaning about something or other.I'm sure that these people wake up in the morning and make a list of things they can moan about just for the sake of having a moan.These same people go on and on, about whatever,and aren't satisfied until they've made everyone else miserable too.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

When I take my dog out for a walk I always take a few of the poop a scoop bags and if I see anyone else not picking up I go over to them and ask them to do so, with me providing the bag if required. Unacceptable and gives responsible dog owners a bad name.

Supporter+

When I take my dog out for a walk I always take a few of the poop a scoop bags and if I see anyone else not picking up I go over to them and ask them to do so, with me providing the bag if required. Unacceptable and gives responsible dog owners a bad name.

What sort of response do you get?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Some gruff responses, but normally its the 'I forgot to take the bag out with me excuse.' 

To be fair, there aren't that many that it happens to now though. It may increase as Ashfield Council has stopped the free dog bags in the name of saving money!

• Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

If councils actually fined people like they say they can... things would be different but they can't be bothered to.. they just say they need proof. Dog mess is a pain along with other things. The minority always seem to spoil it for the better people. Nothing changes if the council or police don't enforce it though.

If councils actually fined people like they say they can... things would be different but they can't be bothered to.. they just say they need proof. Dog mess is a pain along with other things. The minority always seem to spoil it for the better people. Nothing changes if the council or police don't enforce it though.

Just like they do nothing about drugs and anti social behaviour.

Just like they do nothing about drugs and anti social behaviour.

No because they can't be bothered, they just use the excuse as they are busy or there isn't enough budget to do everything... Their priorities are not right. If they fined people they would have a bigger budget and should make them clean up dog mess too, not pay council workers to.

Welcome to mine and @tonyhateley's Grumpy Club @cheeky-k8. :rollonfloorlaughing:

Welcome to mine and @tonyhateley's Grumpy Club @cheeky-k8. :rollonfloorlaughing:

We can all be grumpy when talking about certain subjects :P

Its not Pon its... the grumpy club formally known as Pon

Archived