Where Will Notts Finish 2024/2025 Season ?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,198
  • Days Won:  17

Well this is a Question That  Needs Addressing. Where will the Mighty Magpies Finish come the End of this up Coming Season ?

If all the Players can stay Fit and Healthy and  all the New Players can Adopt to the Notts System, then CHAMPIONS.

The Notts Squad Looks Good on Paper, but as we all know that means Nothing Nor does having 70%-75% of the Ball each Match. 

I Expect Notts to Gain Promotion this Coming Season, whether Automatic or Via the Playoffs anything Else In My Opinion will be a Failure.

Now my Fellow PON Members What Are Your Thoughts?

• Like 3

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

@Wheelbarrow repair man

The squad does look good, especially with the addressing of defensive needs, and with a few more additions for squad depth I'd be looking at finishing in the play off positions possibly pushing for an automatic position. 

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,775
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I don’t do predictions but I’d be very happy with promotion obviously, it’s a long season though and lots could happen between now and next May, we just have to hope the top players can remain injury free, the manager stays for a full season and the squad is strengthened in January if needed.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,753
  • Days Won:  173
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I think that we should be looking for a play off place as a bare minimum.

With the players that we have brought in I believe Notts can achieve automatic promotion. Coming third would do for me.

The only thing that could put that in jeopardy would be injuries to key players, that is why Notts need a strong squad of 25 players in case that happens.

At the time of this post, we have 21 senior players so ideally Notts need another 4 players to come in.

If that happens, Maynard will have been given a quality squad on paper to achieve promotion. If he fails it will be down to him. There will be no excuses this time.

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,171
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

If we can make some more solid signings, I see no reason why we couldn't compete for an automatic spot but if the squad remains like this - I think playoffs would be more likely. We have the quality that could potentially do better, I just think without that extra depth we may struggle at times like we did last season.

This is the season where we need to go further and try to secure a playoff place or higher.

Should we fall short, I wouldn't be that disappointed provided we gave our all and that we finish higher than we did last season. Progress can only be made by challenging ourselves to go that extra bit further.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,964
  • Days Won:  162

there are still areas where we could do with adding depth but i think the squad should be good enough to land a playoff spot. if the form builds, i see no reason why automatics would not be possible but football is not always that simple.

it will be good if we can get some excellent results early on and then we might see some promising signs.

I am glad we have focused on tightening up the defence.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,073
  • Days Won:  54

I’m still cautious to predict and top 3 spot, we did finish 14th last season and getting in the top 3 would be quite a jump, I think play-offs is a very realistic goal though and I’d hope we’d finish in them or at worst miss out by just a point our two. And again I could be completely wrong here but the two big spenders in Wrexham and Stockport are gone and Mansfield weren’t exactly on a shoe-string budget either so I’d expect the league to be quite close when it comes to the promotion spots this season.

Still think we need a few signings before the season starts, so maybe I'll predict an exact position just before the Tranmere game!

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,753
  • Days Won:  173
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

For me it would be very dissapointing if Notts didn't make at least the playoffs this season. 

The first half a dozen matches will be a big pointer to what could happen, however the three pre season games have been encouraging, so I do remain hopeful of success in 2025.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

yes I agree play offs is the minimum, automatic next then ultimately title winning. 

Last season we scored the most and conceded the most.

We have a new defence and got rid of our goal machine, which leaves the questions:

Will the new defence do what it has been brought into do?
will we score goals?

We have held on to the Assist Machine JJ so in the numbers game we will score goals

The defence have been brought in for what we lacked last year and on paper it looks good.

The future is unwritten.

• Like 2