Nottingham on Foot

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  862
  • Days Won:  1

Recently, I’ve begun taking regular walks every two weeks. It’s a great way to enjoy the outdoors and make the most of the improved weather. My walks have taken me to places like the Forest, Sherwood Park, and The Embankment.

I’m curious, do any fellow PON members also enjoy going for walks, whether regularly or occasionally?

Where do you prefer to go for a pleasant walk?

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  537
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

There are many great places to walk, especially outside of Nottingham. Leicestershire has some wonderful walking routes, as does the Peak District. Derbyshire also has some charming small towns with good walkways for those who enjoy getting out and about.

• Like 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

We recently had a lovely walk around Attenborough nature reserve, well worth a visit. It’s lovely to walk alongside the Trent and back through the gravel pits and if you’re interested in birds or nature in general then it’s a bonus.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,147
  • Days Won:  153
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I like to walk quite a lot to try to keep fit. 

Around Mansfield we do have lots of attractions that are very good for walkers

We have the Majority Oak, just outside of Edwinstowe

Rufford Park, Clumber Park, Sherwood Pines, all not far from where I live. 

Of course you don't need the parks to just take a stroll around.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,376
  • Days Won:  17
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

West Bridgeford is surrounded by lovely areas worth visiting. The Green Line, a nature reserve, offers a pleasant walk. The Hook is another peaceful spot. Other recommended places include Colwick County Park, Trent Valley Way, and Attenborough Nature Reserve. These locations are highly recommended for a visit.

• Love 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  56
  • Days Won:  0

I don’t often go for walks; I usually walk out of necessity. However, from time to time, I should make an effort to find places where I can escape. Going for a leisurely stroll can only be beneficial, offering relaxation and a chance to embrace the surroundings. This is a contrast to simply trying to reach a destination and navigating through crowds.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

clifton has some nice areas, the town centre of beeston is a nice area to walk around on the weekend. plenty to do also. my favourite place is wollaton park though, but wollaton as an area does have some nice walking routes even if you stick to the streets.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The Wollaton area is a really nice place to walk, especially Wollaton Park and the woodland area, which you can walk by two reasonably large lakes. I used to have regular walks with my brother around Wollaton.

One of the concerns surrounding places like The Arboretum is the presence of students engaging in drug use and other illicit activities, as well as homeless individuals consuming alcohol. I no longer like walking there, as the smell of weed is horrendous. The Forest is a nicer place to walk, since it's very open and less hidden. Most of the places I have walked are locations I stumbled across with my family.

The Embankment is a lovely area to walk. You can walk on the other side and bypass the City Ground to a nicer area where you can get lost.

• Like 1