Wangiri Phone scam

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

surely they could just have a place to report and ban these numbers from calling? its partly why i only answer the phone to numbers that are not withheld. its annoying how nobody seems to be trying to cut these types of scams out.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I have a lot of time and respect for scam baiters and people on YouTube who try to take down or cause trouble for scammers. I think phone operating systems should consider an alert feature that informs the caller that the number is a premium phone line before it allows any ring out, with a popup displaying more information to search the number for known scam calls.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  0

Easy answer: don’t call back unknown numbers and try to research any that do. If the number was important, it would have left a voice message or tried to call back. Just take some simple steps to protect yourself. It’s easy to fall victim to scams, but if you put in measures to limit the risk, the better off you will be.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  628
  • Days Won:  1

I received a strange voice message that I couldn't grasp. It didn't sound Chinese, but it didn't seem Japanese either. It seemed to be from somewhere in Asia, but it was very faint. I simply deleted the message.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  741
  • Days Won:  2

The scam calls are terrible and very annoying! I wish more would be done to stop them.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

If only you could reverse the changes on them, that would make them think about trying to scam people.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I actually had a call a few days ago, my phone on silent, but I was using it to do something. I noticed the call screen come up, but it quickly ended. I heard what seemed to be a soft-spoken Japanese woman speaking very rapidly. Left a voicemail message. I couldn't make sense of it, I just deleted the voicemail.

It was very odd, thankfully nothing jumped out of my phone screen like "The Ring" or one of their famous horror films.

Otherwise, I would have had a heart attack.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

My phone is on silent/ vibrate and if anyone rings me that I know I will ring back if it is legit.

My phone warns me of suspected spam calls, and if it doesn't, it gives me an option to report the phone call as spam and I can block the phone number.

I must have over 100+ phone numbers blocked now. The problem is, these spammers have multiple phone numbers on auto dial so, someone can soon rack up many spam phone numbers they have to block.

Also, if you're not sure of a number you can check it on the internet. If it's spam there will be multiple complaints about it, so in that case I block it.