Why Forest’s Premier League status has been beneficial for Notts.

Robbie

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Nice article & a good read why the team across the road being in the Premier League is good for Notts.

The Notts owners should take lots of credit for taking advantage of it.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

That’s an excellent article thanks for sharing @Robbie, I’ve said on here before that Forest success is not necessarily a bad thing for us. I sat next to a chap on Sunday who said he didn’t follow any particular club but he liked football, he said he couldn’t get a ticket for Forest so came to Notts and he was very impressed with the ground and facilities.

I’m sure there’ll be many more “floating” fans who are in the same boat (pun intended).

• Like 9

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

i dont think it has anything to do with forest as to why notts are establishing connections with local companies, its something the club used to do and i think joe palmer sees the sense in making the connection because the eyes that notts has on it since winning promotion from the national league.

i think much of the surge in our fan base comes down to the way our owners invision the club.

the fan zone has been a brilliant idea, which is helped by the travelling fans who come to watch their team take on forest. i do also think that fans wanting to watch local football might see the club as being an alternative to forest. so there are some benefits. its a good article, but it gives forest a bit to much credit in my eyes. rather than notts itself.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

@liampie 

The extortionate admission price at Forest will push the casual fan to us. That's a good thing. 

The Notts owners should take all the credit for doing all the things they are currently doing to increase revenue.

I am right behind them on that because in the short and long term the club will benefit, and that's all that matters.

• Like 7

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  2

If fans don’t take up the membership offer by Notts, £24 for a League Two game is insane. I know it falls in line with other clubs, but most do not have a stadium the size of Notts. I agree with @liampie, it praises Forest a bit too much at the expense of the club’s work itself.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

Isn’t it natural that if a city has two teams, one of which is in the Premier League, it would have a ripple effect on the smaller team too? I think it’s pretty much common sense that we can gain from their status, provided the club, i.e., Notts, approaches it well. They have been doing excellent work within the local community. The approach to giving us fans a better matchday experience hasn’t gone unnoticed.

• Like 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It is a very good read, something which Notts will further capitalise on I think.

Sunday at The Nest was a sight to behold, teeming with an abundance of people. I walked past with the intention of swinging in and grabbing a couple of pictures with my mobile. The navi will also be pleased, as they were very busy too.

There's further benefits such as seeing if we can obtain any of their young good players, something which Alan Hardy almost destroyed.

I know the Reedtz brothers have watched some of their games from time to time; a friend of mine usually lets me know as he's a steward for them (also a Forest fan). It's good that we are showing Nottingham that the city has two teams and Notts are no longer happy being stuck in the days of the past.

• Love 5

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  0

I don’t think Notts needs to overthink the game or worry about Grimsby. I agree, training and match preparations are important, but equally important is managing the game as it unfolds. Notts needs to defend as a team, and we as fans should start giving some players some slack.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  628
  • Days Won:  1

I believe that casual supporters are the first to drift away when times are tough, so focusing on short-term gains may be less beneficial in the long run. While some may become dedicated fans, we should concentrate on highlighting the benefits our club provides while maximising what Forest's status can bring.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  734
  • Days Won:  3

Notts and Nottingham benefit from Forest's status, but it's the same for Notts themselves. When a club does well at any level, it encourages young people to get involved with football. I think the blog Gerrit Forward is brilliant. It gives you a lot to think about.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,896
  • Days Won:  5

Everything has a knock-on effect. It affects Non-League. The trend of supporting a local club like Hucknall Town or Basford United comes from the increasing price of football. So, I think it's natural that our neighbours status would benefit Notts. It's better for Nottingham this way.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,780
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Intra city rivalries, I think of Bradford Park Avenue and Bradford City, Bradford being reasonably comparable to Nottingham's populous

I feared for Notts in the National League that one bad season, we could have been heading towards a Bradford Park Avenue extinction.. Bradford Park Avenue had been considered the premier club in Bradford for many years