Supporter+

What’s all this about?

• Like 15

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,459
  • Days Won:  164
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

It looks like a cryptic message from Notts.

Are they going to announce a new contract?

I really do hope so. That would be absolutely massive.

• Like 12

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,347
  • Days Won:  1

The media team shared the video featuring the Oasis song, “Don’t Go Away.” This is likely to capitalise on the excitement surrounding their reunion. However, it does make me wonder if news of him extending his stay might be imminent.

• Like 5
  • Love 8

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Whoop! Whoop!

• Like 3
  • Love 11

Supporter+

Jodi signing a new contract  is absolutely fantastic news.

This has made my day. It's like signing a new player, even though we haven't.

Jodi absolutely deserves a new contract which must include a pay rise and better terms.

It won't stop the interest in Jodi in January, but other clubs will have to pay big for him now.

Stuart Maynard must be delighted too. The Club is certainly buzzing at the moment.

Another big coup would be to get Dan to sign on the dotted line too.

• Like 8
  • Love 4

Supporter+

This is fantastic news, he certainly deserves it, “always believe in, Jodi Jones” 🎵

:clapping::happybanana::excited::cheerleader:

• Like 3
  • Love 9

Supporter+

• Like 10

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

This is brilliant news, Jodi Jones is a massive player for us. It's great to see that Notts has managed to extend his stay with us; he's by far one of the most popular players and is someone younger fans connect with due to his quality and performances.

All these things are very important for a club like ours.

I thought he would extend, but I was thinking it would be nearer December or early January. Always believe in, Jodi Jones! 🎶🎵

• Like 3
  • Love 9

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  54

Wow! I couldn't quite believe it when I saw it this afternoon, it's a fantastic job by the club to get him tied down to a longer contract. He'd have had a queue of clubs lining up for him in the summer when his contract expired so I'm glad that won't be an issue now. He's clearly very settled and happy at Notts, and players with his level of quality can help take this club to the next level.

• Like 10

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  130
  • Days Won:  0

I think the media team sometimes has too much time on their hands. A good tease is fine, but the Oasis song and the idea of them reuniting is a bit much to tie in with Jodi Jones extending his stay. They have gone a bit over the top since breaking the cryptic video.

It might be a sign of my age, but I think some of the ideas could be saved for another day to keep the excitement there for days, rather than minutes.

I am pleased Jodi Jones has agreed to a new deal. I will be buying some more shirts when they come in for other family members. I will be getting Jodi Jones on the back of them, not for me, but for younger supporters.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

• Content Count:  20

Yes it's a sign of your age and probably mine too! However, the Notts media us truly excellent and long may they bring excitement to the Lane

• Like 6

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  15

Securing Jodi Jones’ signature will pay for itself by 2027. I imagine his name is popular on the back of youngsters’ shirts. The seats his entertaining performances will fill should be more than enough to pay back the new deal.

I am pleased for Jodi; he’s worked hard for it. I am also pleased that it’s more than a single year. It highlights how much he’s settled at Notts.

• Like 5
  • Love 7

• Content Count:  904
  • Days Won:  3

It’s good to read the news of Jodi Jones extending his stay at Notts County. He’s a very talented footballer who can make a difference in games. We’ve struck gold again by agreeing terms. This will be his third deal with the club, the first being the loan signing. Retaining players of his quality has been long overdue. I’m happy to see this, it’s further signs of improvements around the club.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  12,906
  • Days Won:  162

some fans are playing it down by saying it does not mean anything and that he can still go, all it means is that we should get more money. is this just peoples coping mechanism? i think its a strange way to look at it, because hes by far one of the best players. we have been dreaming and hoping that jodi jones extends his contract, which has been done now. people should be excited and glad for the club.

its a big plus to our name to have secured the deal.

for jodi jones alone it means he can focus on his football, without casting his mind on where he could be. it means he is content and happy at the club, nobody signs a deal like this if they are thinking of moving. he clearly is thinking about us getting promoted and moving forward as a club.

• Like 6

Supporter+
6 hours ago, liampie said:

some fans are playing it down by saying it does not mean anything and that he can still go, all it means is that we should get more money. is this just peoples coping mechanism?

@liampie well in reality it’s true he could still go in January, I believe Langstaff committed to a long term contract but we still sold him to Millwall, I don’t think fans who say that are being negative they are just being realistic, unfortunately that’s football, I’m sure if an offer came in that matched the owners valuation then Jodie would be sold. It’s better than him seeing out his contract and going for nothing.

However it does show that Jodie is willing to commit and that the owners want him to stay, so I hope he is here for many years and thrilling us with his skills.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Sad 3

• Content Count:  20

Totally agree. Being positive I'm hoping Jodi and others are looking around the training pitch thinking 'Hay! We can do this with this group'

• Like 7

Supporter+

I'm pleased that he's signed a three year contract. I hope that he will stay & help this club get some possible silverware.

If the price were right in January, or the end of the season, the owners may sell him, but anyone wanting him will have to pay a lot of money with him being on a long contract.

If Notts get promoted then I would have thought that Jodi may stay. Jodi has already played in higher leagues compared to Macca, so Jodi's situation to Macca is a little bit different.

Jodi had a new lease of life as a player with Notts & that is an important factor to consider too. 

I'm just pleased that he has committed to the club & I hope Dan will too.

• Like 6

Supporter+

Jodi Jones talks to Match talk on BBC Radio Nottingham about his new contract.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  493

As I said in the article, this is fantastic news. It’s a big deal for the club because it shows Jodi’s dedication and commitment to playing for Notts. While some fans might be hoping that Dan Crowley follows suit, Jodi Jones signing a new deal is very significant for Notts.

He’s a top-notch player, and although there have been concerns about his past injuries, it hasn’t stopped him from shining at Meadow Lane. He’s a remarkable talent, worthy of being considered a legend. It’s great to see the club securing his deal, which gives us confidence and reduces worries. Without this early-season agreement, the club might have had to start looking for replacements.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

• Content Count:  372

Jodi Jones is clearly a very level-headed player. I wouldn’t blame him for wanting to play at a higher level at this stage. He’s still quite young and has the best years ahead of him, but he’s committed to Notts. What a fantastic attitude to have, as he seems to think he owes us something. He really doesn’t.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  210

It’s great news that Jodi Jones is settled and has signed a new deal. It gives Notts a lot more than just a bit extra on his transfer fee. We need to keep in mind that some teams might not offer a fee that reflects what Notts would want due to his injury history. However, if we can progress and offer him new deals as we do, I think he’ll be far more inclined to stay put.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

I am happy, well more than happy. Delighted and over the moon doesn’t really do it. Jodi Jones’s extension gives us peace of mind. I would rather have players under contract than allowing them to wind down. Also, the fact he feels he has something to repay us for, despite all he has done, shows his quality off the pitch.

• Love 4

• Content Count:  525

He could see out his contract, then review all the offers that come in. If a Championship team did, offering him a better payday, how do we compete with that? We have to get our better players extending their contracts where we can. I don’t care if we sell him at the end of this season, provided we have seen his magic and he’s helped us on the pitch. Sure, I would be sad to see him go, but it beats losing talent on a free.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,727
  • Days Won:  27

You can’t underestimate the importance of this news, and you can’t downplay it either. He’s ours until a bid comes in, and the contract gives us more time. If he leaves during that time, it will be our decision. As for the positivity, just read or listen to what Jodi has said about his choice. If you ever needed proof that someone is committed to Notts, he’s the one. He wants to improve, but with us. We should be delighted. I wanted to jump around like a madman, but that’s not a good idea, so I just stuck to doing fist bumps! I understand some caution, but Macca is different. Jodi Jones reached the Championship with Coventry City, and without his injuries, I doubt they’d have let him go. Macca spent a long time in the National League, so you can’t blame him for wanting to test himself. Jodi had a short stint in the National League, and he knows League Two and League One well. He knows he’s happy here, it’s great news!

• Love 2