Alan Pardew will not be appealing

Chris

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew will not be appealing seven-match ban from FA

<!--url{0}-->Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has confirmed he will not be appealing the seven-match ban handed down to him by the FA, and has sought additional help.

Pardew was seen to headbutt Hull midfielder David Meyler as his side beat them 4-1 on 1st March.

He was immediately sent to the stands and handed a £100,000 fine from Newcastle chairman Mike Ashley.

After the FA charged Pardew with improper conduct two days later, he requested a personal hearing and was handed a three-match stadium ban and a further four-match touchline ban.

Speaking on Thursday for the first time since receiving his seven-match ban from the FA, he said: "It was an independent panel and it was a decision that I was going to accept. I had no intention to appeal the decision, whatever it was.

"I should never have walked forward and got involved in that situation when [Meyler] pushed me."

The punishment sees Pardew, 52, become the first Premier League manager to be handed a full stadium ban.

He was also obliged to pay a further £60,000 in fines to the FA, in addition to the ban, which he also accepted.

"Men make mistakes - my mistake was in front of millions of people, and you have to pay a price," he said.

"It was a hefty price to pay. Mike acted swiftly, and I accepted that and we go forward."

Pardew revealed he has since spoken to both the Newcastle board and the League Managers' Association over his behavioural issues.

"I've had something like 678 games and only had one touchline ban before this one, but that doesn't mean to say what I did has any justification.

"I've spoken to the LMA about maybe some management consultant issues that I could look at that might help.

"What I must do coming out of this situation is become a better manager."

Pardew has repeatedly offered his apologies to Hull boss Steve Bruce, who has been nominated for Manager of the Month for February, to Meyler and all others affected by the incident, and continues to do so following the decision.

"I just want to reiterate my apologies, to David and Steve (Bruce) in particular, to fans up and down country, but particularly my own at Newcastle who have been terrific," he said.

"Also the club and Mike (Ashley, Newcastle owner) for supporting me over a situation I should never have got involved in and was stupid.

"I sent a letter to Steve to say there was no animosity on my side towards David, and to say sorry basically for the incident that happened. I deeply regret it."

Pardew has a history of altercations on the sidelines; whilst at West Ham United he clashed with Arsenal manager Arséne Wenger twice in 2006, including an incident in which Wenger claimed he was 'provoked' into shoving Pardew.

On the opening day of the 2012 season, Pardew pushed an official as Newcastle took on Spurs when he disagreed with a decision.

Could he really appeal anyway? What do you all make of the incident? Is the punishment enough?

100k fine by the Newcastle chairman, 60k fine by the F.A and a ban. Repeated behaviour? I don't think it's enough, firstly the F.A should have banned him for a little longer and secondly their fine, it's small. The chairman of Newcastle out fineing the governing body, it's poor!

Stupid thing to do, but I would have enforced the anger management thing on him. A little public humiliation can go along way. I personally like his idea of staying off the touchline for the rest of the season as at least it shows a more mature approach. Will he do it after the ban is up? We'll have to wait and see.

Stupid thing to do, but I would have enforced the anger management thing on him. A little public humiliation can go along way. I personally like his idea of staying off the touchline for the rest of the season as at least it shows a more mature approach. Will he do it after the ban is up? We'll have to wait and see.

Well yeah, he should have the anger management as part of the punishment. I think he'll learn from this, however I expect that he will still continue to show problems. It'll just end up a way from the sidelines and probably just verbal!

hes looking to still have a job, i thought newcastle would have used it as a reason to give him the axe. 100k is enough but the fa should really have fined him more than the club.

I noticed comments around the time expecting him to be fired, he doesn't deserve that.

That's really bringing old-school style English football back.

He should have gotten a bigger fine And bigger suspension. No violence should be allowed by any person inside a football stadium. Let alone a silly (repeat offender) manager.

Pardew was stupid but there was a lot going on with other individuals too.We didn't used to have team officials on the touchline or even a technical area. Managers and others should be restricted to the bench and leave decision making to the referee and his assistants.Having managers  etc so close to the action is asking for trouble. It's bad enough when players surround a referee disputing a decision or when players square up to each other,without others getting involved and making a difficult situation worse. How many Notts fans felt like meting out their own justice when Liddle was subjected to that horror tackle by the Bristol player? In the heat of the moment,when the red mist comes, it's very hard to keep a cool head. Pardew isn't the only manager to over react  it's time all players ,managers etc started to behave more responsibly.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived