Hayden Mullins open to permanent switch

Chris

Hayden Mullins open to permanent switch

<!--url{0}--> Hayden Mullins has not ruled out a permanent move to Notts County, even if they are relegated to League Two.

The 35-year-old utility player is on-loan at League One's 23rd-placed club from Birmingham for the rest of the term and out of contract this summer.

"I know the manager, so regardless of what league the club was in, I'm sure we could get something sorted out," Mullins told BBC Radio Nottingham.

"But at the moment, the focus is on trying to keep the club in League One."

Mullins, who has also played for West Ham and Portsmouth, as well as Reading on loan, played with Notts manager Shaun Derry at Crystal Palace.

The vastly-experienced former England Under-21 international has clocked up well over 600 senior appearances in all competitions.

Notts County are three points adrift of safety going into Saturday's home game against Port Vale with five matches of the season to go.

I'm not really fussed about him... He's been good cover, a little iffy at times but to be perfectly honest and blunt I hope we could attract better. No questions about his experience or ability, though he's a fading player.

What about you?

Mullins had a great debut but then struggled to make an impact in midfield. He has a good touch and his tackling & passing were ok - he got caught out for pace, mobility and application. At the back he has been a revelation. Solid, reliable and very combative - he reads the game and sees everything in front of him very well.

Even at 35 he would be a terrific signing, in either division. I'd take him without delay, quality player, vast experience and he'd be a valuable asset.

i think he'd be a good signing, his experience would help, seems like he's done well with hollis aswell

From the reports I have read, I would have to agree.

Mid or defense, good cover.

Good cover for me. Not sure about him as starter next year unless he will be paired again with Hollis. The experience has been a big thing to help HH along. If were looking at a new centre back to replace HH then Mullins would be a bench warmer at best for me.

Get rid of Leacock, smith as well if he's not being used now he never will. 

Good cover for me. Not sure about him as starter next year unless he will be paired again with Hollis. The experience has been a big thing to help HH along. If were looking at a new centre back to replace HH then Mullins would be a bench warmer at best for me.

Get rid of Leacock, smith as well if he's not being used now he never will. 

That is exactly how I see it! Get rid of Leacock, hes not interested.

Archived