Bbc Picking Up On Mr Trews Comments

cheeky~k8

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Ray Trew: Notts County fans accused of lack of support

_65178897_pa-13060983.jpg Notts County chairman Ray Trew has said that he is not prepared to invest more money in the club because of falling attendances and a lack of support.

Trew posted on a fans' messageboard to say he also cannot spend more to back their League One promotion push because of salary restrictions.

Trew, who said he has invested £12m since taking over in 2010, added: "I am not prepared to increase that sum.

"And the only way I will inject further monies is in the form of loans."

He added on Notts County Mad: "If I am being totally honest I am not motivated to even do that currently because I am not being supported by you, the fan base."

The Magpies have slipped to six points outside the play-off places, but despite winning just once in eight league matches, they are only six points off the top six and have at least one game in hand on all 12 teams above them.

And Trew has reiterated his commitment to the Magpies, insisting he would not walk away.

He said: "Whilst I am disillusioned at the moment with the falling attendances (which is now severely impacting on the club's cash-flow), it is not in my character to give up on anything, so despite postings and rumours to the contrary, I will state for the record that myself and my wife are here to stay."

Trew added that although the average attendance is not much lower than last season, the figure is "camouflaged" by the number of free tickets given to schoolchildren.

However Trew said because the club have a relatively high wage bill - the sixth highest in the division - players have to leave before signings can be made.

One of the club's biggest wage earners, Lee Hughes, had his contract cancelled by mutual consent this week and that is likely to free up money to bring in new faces.

Manager Keith Curle is already looking at St Johnstone's former Celtic and West Bromwich Albion striker Craig Beattie, who is training with the club.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

erh? didn't lee take a pay decrease. i believe they have miss reported here. i love hearing from the trews but i dont think this shows much respect for them. those moaners are suck ups and that annoys me.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Have to say this makes me embrassed by a section of our support who are not behind the Trews. The guy saved the club and has put in excess of £12million of his own money into the club. He's transformed the face of the club off the field as well as maintaining a pretty competetive side on it, and people have the cheek to question his ambition and loyalty to the club? Absolutely disgusting.

Its time they actually got behind him, because without him we wouldnt have a football club. And if, god forbid he was to walk away due to a lack of support (wouldnt blame him) we wouldnt be saved again, because buying a football club is the equivelant of pouring your money into a black hole.

Best part of it all is, these 'fans' slag off Ray Trew at any given oppurtunity, and then complain when he retaliates like this.

Thank goodness we have some fans do see sense, realise what Mr Trew has done for the club and support the poor guy.

Sorry, rant over :P

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I actually fully agree.

It took on board the negativity and it sort of beat me, I try so hard to be positive and focus on being strong but it was just so depressing. I still feel it now, though it has settled. If I can feel like this, I would hate to be MR Trew (or Mrs Trew). They're very positive despite the comments directed at them. They do well just sticking at it, as you said James we couldn't blame them for moving on. We'd never find anyone else like them, no team would.

That's why it hurts so much, due to all the good they do. I'm sure there's plenty which we don't know about too :(

Rant anytime, it's actually good reading. Unlike when I do! LOL

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  100
  • Days Won:  1

I think they do alot for the club. I know all clubs have good and bad fans but he has put alot into the club, they should respect that... not moan about anything possible.

Ray has put lots of money and time into the club and supports and helps out fans, so i don't see why people should be moaning to or about them in the first place. I know what some fans are like but it shouldn't be like that. I do think the moaning fans should stop and think before they carry on. Football clubs have ups and downs, lose and gain players, its not worth having a go at the chairman over everytime fans don't like something.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

The Trews have been a godsend to our football club, there will always be people who have a go at the people at the top when things aren't going so well, I just hope the Trews can see past the vociferous minority and realise that the majority of fans are truly grateful for what they have done and are right behind them.

The Trews have been a godsend to our football club, there will always be people who have a go at the people at the top when things aren't going so well, I just hope the Trews can see past the vociferous minority and realise that the majority of fans are truly grateful for what they have done and are right behind them.

i hope they see that not all fans are ungrateful for the money and support they have put into the club and for the fans.

• Content Count:  238
  • Days Won:  10

This is not a good news!

Support Ray Trew and all Notts County!

Notts needs more people at Meadow Lane

This is not a good news!

Support Ray Trew and all Notts County!

Notts needs more people at Meadow Lane

So when you coming?

*makes note to order balloons for the celebration of having IM back at the lane*

:ph34r:

• Content Count:  238
  • Days Won:  10

So when you coming?

*makes note to order balloons for the celebration of having IM back at the lane*

:ph34r:

oh wow.

I don't know. We'll start to plan the trip on march I think

oh wow.

I don't know. We'll start to plan the trip on march I think

Plans are always good buddy, would be great to meet you all! Hey, maybe even show you some other parts of our city all things depending. I for one, wished I had of met you the first time round.

Always welcome :)

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

So easy to blame managers/chairmen/owners for lack of progress(just look on This is Derbyshire Derby County after losing and often after winning)There will always be moaners no matter how well a team does.Now go to Home page and read the Portsmouth article and be thankful for what you've got.Wish Hughsey well and get behind Notts and any new players. The season is only half way over.BE POSITIVE!!

• Content Count:  207

I just finished reading it Super Ram, It's a good read. It's only a matter of time before the more concerning fans come forward, that will make a difference. At our games we have people moaning about players like Darren Fletcher who isn't the typical United player I will admit but he's a player who is better than what people give credit for. We've had issues with ownership, it's a joke. We win it's all forgotten especially now we are doing better! Be positive and let your board and team know you're behind them. It makes a HUGE difference B)

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  486

It aint a lack of support for the trews its lack off support for curle and theres more important things 2 spend money on at times then watching shitty performances and home coz of curles negitive tactics

Archived