RUMOUR - Liam Noble

PTID1862

Hi Guys and Gals,

A rumour I have heard from a couple of people up here in Cumbria, suggests that GA is using his influence to bring Liam Noble to Notts.

I have nothing concrete, just passing on what I have heard... Noble is currently a free agent.

PTID

Supporter+

I can't comment because I don't know him, not sure if I have seen him play but I don't tend to analyse opposition players, I only have eyes for Notts.

Nice to see you on here again @PTID1862 hope you are well.

A little birdie told me that we haven't put in any offers for Liam.

I don't usually comment on speculation like this, however it was something I noted with interest. Does anyone know any other players released from Carlisle which might be a player GA had spoken to instead?

Supporter+

We signed Liam Noble. He'll do a job but is a downgrade on Gary LIddle IMO. We will struggle again this season I reckon. It will take some decent signings to change my mind....

Supporter+

A cross between Liddle and Bishop sounds good.

Not going to comment on him as I've never seen him play. But from what Carlisle fans say he sounds like a younger version of Gary Liddle or Neal Bishop. So now everyone can stop crying about Liddle leaving lol

NO! NO! NO WE CAN'T! <_<:bye:

I'm going to shoot my little birdie, backwards. Never trust anyone unless they live in Northants! :hmm:

Noble is a tidy little player, nothing special. Grafter, decent pass on him. He's a useful acquisition, right attitude but just didn't fit in with Kavanagh's more physical style.

I'd say he's nowhere near a good as Liddle or Bishop tbh, but better than anyone else we have in midfield - so, it's a good signing.

Greetings Magpie fans from a different type of mapgie.

Have been following Liam's career in recent years and to quickly sum up...

He's black and white through and through (of the Newcastle variety!).

As a Toon supporter is gutting for me to say but his early career at Sunderland gave him a good platform to build on and he'll always be grateful for the support and opportunities they gave him. He was once on the bench when Chelsea walloped them 7-1 and still managed to swap shirts with Lampard. His Twitter spat a couple of years ago was basically banter with so-called friends that got out of hand. He genuinely just sees himself as a lad privileged to play professional football and didn't appreciate the footy banter we all have down the pub is blown out of proportion when you are even in a small spotlight!

You've got a player 100% dedicated. On the pitch he'll be your engine room and pull off the odd spectacular goal. I don't think he fitted in with Kavanagh's philosophy, as Liam will try and kick start creative and constructive build up play (but he'll also get stuck in like Derry!). I watched him against the mackems in January in the FA Cup and he quietly went about his business, and for a substantial part of the game Carlisle were their equals... gets substituted and a large hole appears in midfield that allowed Jack Colback to run the game for Sunderland.

He has a lot of respect for Abbott but if it ain't working, Abbott will quickly tell him. There'll be no favouritism.

He totally gets the fans/ community side of things. Even as an academy player at Sunderland he was helping out at schools across the North East and carried on the same way in Cumbria. Don't be suprised to see more of the same in Nottingham. Always has time for the fans... loves his home town club so knows what it means to fans of the clubs he represents.

No, I'm not his agent but just wanted to provide a subjective insight into your new signing. Looking forward to visting your fair city next season. I'm sure there'll be a regular Tyneside contingent travelling down to add their support to your team!

Archived