Blair Adams

Feral Fox

I know this rumour has been around for a few days now, but this morning he terminated his Coventry contract by mutual consent, meaning they don't need to pay a whack to Sunderland when he hit 50 games. An excellent prospect and would be a better and younger version of Sheenan.

Hope SD and GA can pull this off as this would be a serious asset to the club.

Supporter+

Well they've pulled it off and he has signed a two year contract.

http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/left-back-blair-adams-joins-the-magpies-1709461.aspx

Supporter+

Coventry's misfortune is our gain. I see a lot of Notts fans are getting carried away and are talking about promotion. Every other club has strengthened as well. Mid table would be more than acceptable IMO. 

I think any optimism right now is vital to the start of the season.

Some fans (not here) do border delusional but hey, that's up to them. This is a fantastic signing and it's not important that we build for promotion, we need to build for stability. Mid table this season would be good and Blair's a fantastic signing! I am actually pleasantly surprised that it's true. I just hope he does well and settles, it's not easy moving to a club and I hope we support him as a fan base.

With players like Blair, we can build for the season after and perhaps we can get back to chasing promotion.

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)

NO! I'm not doing a Blair Adams signature for you. Perhaps someone else? ;)

You'll have to choose from the whole squad soon, majority will be new. Will your signature curse strike again?

Coventry's misfortune is our gain. I see a lot of Notts fans are getting carried away and are talking about promotion. Every other club has strengthened as well. Mid table would be more than acceptable IMO. 

Spot on sir. Optomism is fantastic, but it's important we keep a sense of reality at the same time, and people don't suddenly start to expect miracles. Let's be right, we've been guilty of that at this club a lot recently.

Sounds like a good player, a lot of people have a lot of good words to say about him

The biggest thing here is keeping it sensible. Lots of good players signed and it looks promising, but with so many newbies, it will be hit and miss for the to bed in quickly.

Like the strategy of buying experience and a young lad to offer cover. Gives a much more balanced squad.

Now for two tricky experienced wingers with 2 young guns as back up for them. Maybe another mid 20s centre back? Does Danny Haynes mean no more strikers? Who covers Jimmy Spencer though?

Not sure about this one. Fairly good at getting forward and has plenty of energy. Gets stuck in, in the "Sheehan" mould.

Not the best defender I've ever seen tbh. Still young & raw, so the potential is there.

Hope he fits in and delivers - but plenty seem to be getting carried away with the new signings. I'd say this will be a transitional season with players having to adapt & get used to their new colleagues and regime.

Not sure about this one. Fairly good at getting forward and has plenty of energy. Gets stuck in, in the "Sheehan" mould.

Not the best defender I've ever seen tbh. Still young & raw, so the potential is there.

Hope he fits in and delivers - but plenty seem to be getting carried away with the new signings. I'd say this will be a transitional season with players having to adapt & get used to their new colleagues and regime.

I think the problem now is every season can be classed as transitional. The contracts are short and players come and go like buses now. I think he days of having a similar squad for a long stretch are long gone. Every close season we seem to sign lots of players and release lots. Admittedly the management this year seems to know what they're doing a little more than KC or CK, but the Meadow Lane revolving keeps on spinning!

Archived