Notts Vs Sheff Utd

liampie

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

not expecting the game to go ahead, so if it does will need to get tickets on the day. i think it will be a draw

need to see notts badly!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I was just about to do this myself. :)

Most likely will be off, would hate to see the pitch especially after all the hard work that they did. It's coming down quite steadily here, though I too would love to see Notts. I can't wait, starting to get impatient. I want to be out there doing work for PoN and watching the team play football. It's just a crazy time, forecast more snow and this doesn't look like something which will just below over.

If we play, I think Notts will win 1 - 0.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

Quite a few games off already and expect a lot more tomorrow.Will comment further tomorrow.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  8

If our game is off, the only thing that will make my day is a win for the Rams.

If our game is off, the only thing that will make my day is a win for the Rams.

Well I would love to see that be the case, however I am always fearful of never hearing the ending of it. Oh what the heck, come on you rams. (My Dad) Super Ram will be keeping me updated no doubt as he listens to it on the radio. Most likely the whole of Aspley too LOL

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

So glad the game is on, great spirit and effort from the Notts fans who volunteered to help - clearly they were eager to do anything to see Notts play after 3 weeks without! Time for the boys in bianconero to reward the fans!

@joe lol

yes great effort on all parts, i will be heading to the ground around 1pm.

hope it dont get called off!

please please let me be wrong. i'm still saying it will be a draw. if sheff utd get here too

losing.

zoko been sent off. roth all over again. coyp!

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

1-1, I'll take that. Notts managed to pull their finger out in the last 20 or so minutes and claim a point. Referee started out awfully but got better as the game got on, not happy with Zoko though, getting a yellow then a straight red, that's going to cost us. And Judge once again getting us out of jail... he is so valuable to us it's unbelievable!

My fingers are still frozen!! Between myself and my oldest (Jake), we must of handed out 40+ flyers and I have to say I am quite happy. A couple of people mentioned they read the site often and that it was really impressive!! Made my day and if your reading my response, Thank you.

The game wasn't as bad as the people around me was making it seem, i felt after we lost zoko that it would be the nail in the coffin. A fan near me kept shouting abuse at our players, pretty much anyone who got hold of the ball. (why is this acceptable) I'm personally happy. I did feel we could of won prior to the game, I try to be as positive as possible. I didn't feel like we would pull it back at times but would echo Joe's above comment that Judge is a player who we rely a lot on and today he played very well. (seemed very sharp/lively)

Martin (Sheffield United) fan was spot on. =)

PS. I missed the goal, I decided to try and focus on handing flyers out as a fair few was starting to leave early. I didn't realize it was that early! (mind you I had to take care of two of my little ones)

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Well astonishingly todays match actually went ahead, thanks to the incredibly hard work of the groundstaff of both Notts County & Nottingham Rugby Club and countless volunteers, they deserve a medal!

After two minutes I wonder if they were wondering why they bothered? Conceeding a goal so early on was a real blow at the time and for the opening ten minutes it sounded like we couldnt get out of our own half, and when we did start to get into the game a little bit Zoko stupidly got himself sent off. I haven't seen the foulw hich he was initially given a yellow card for but people have told me it was never a foul. Regardless, he's a professional and should know better than to continue arguing with the official. Keith Curle wasent best pleased with him in his post match interview and said he will be taking disciplinary action.

At that point I felt it would simply be a case of how many but once we got to half time still just one down I did have a feeling we had a chance. Second half sounded like an entertaining affair in which Sheffield United could easily have extended their lead and we could easily have had a few ourselves.
Personally, I felt the longer the game remained 1-0, the more nervy the blades would become and we had a chance. When Judgey headed (who wouldve thought it!) home our equaliser I went crazy in my front room and should probably apologise to the neighbours lol.

A fantastic point against one of the league's top sides. Conceeding so early on and being reduced to ten men, AND failing to take a number of chances in the first half, it would have been quite easy for our lads to lose hope thinking it was going to be another one of those days.

A big point, lets hope that can be the springboard for us to turn the home form around and get back up that table. If Tuesday night's game with Oldham goes ahead its a must win game for us before Orient away next Saturday.

Well done lads, great character & fighting spirit today, tonight I'm a proud Magpie. YOU PIES :)

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

Listened to Rams on radio.Sounded like a fair result- both sides having good chances.I guess you pie fans like it almost as much as Rams fans when the trees are beaten.Sorry we couldn't help make your day.After pacing up and down from one o'clock I sat down,re-tuned the radio and tried to relax listening to your team.I must say that when the Blades scored so early that I was fearing the worst,especially with the sending off(when will players learn)All credit to Notts for salvaging a point.Well done to all those involved in helping to get these games on.

Finally!

Good goal, nicely worked free kick and the header spot on. I really feel impatient now but I wanted to see it, very badly. :D

• Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  8

What a good day. Game on. Good work by all in getting the pitch ready. Disappointing to go down so early. The goal and Zoko's moment of madness would not have happened if there had been a competent lines man. He should have spotted that it was not a corner. Then he gave the decision against Zoko. OK, Zoko should not have lost it like he did. He should have stopped arguing after the yellow card. At that point I thought we were going to be well and truely turned over.

But the lads stuck to the task and put in a good performance. 10 men for all that time against a good team. In fact if you hadn't known about the sending off, you wouldn't have realised that we only had 10 men on the pitch.

Bring on the next game.

Only disappointment of the day was that I left my program at my seat. Realised when I was about 15 seats away, made my way back and someone had already lifted it. (Not happy)

What a good day. Game on. Good work by all in getting the pitch ready. Disappointing to go down so early. The goal and Zoko's moment of madness would not have happened if there had been a competent lines man. He should have spotted that it was not a corner. Then he gave the decision against Zoko. OK, Zoko should not have lost it like he did. He should have stopped arguing after the yellow card. At that point I thought we were going to be well and truely turned over. But the lads stuck to the task and put in a good performance. 10 men for all that time against a good team. In fact if you hadn't known about the sending off, you wouldn't have realised that we only had 10 men on the pitch. Bring on the next game. Only disappointment of the day was that I left my program at my seat. Realised when I was about 15 seats away, made my way back and someone had already lifted it. (Not happy)

Sounds like me! I have a very bad memory for my age. I don't carry much now with me because I am that bad, cheeky (Kate) tends to be overloaded with my things. Similar to Liam I felt it was Rotherham all over but as mentioned we kept it. Funny how we seem to play better when a negative such as red card comes along :P Here comes the football league show! just in time. :)

Glad to hear you had a good day Dave.

• Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  1

Evening,

First of all I'd like to start by thanking everyone who kept the game on throughout the day, top effort.

A great point for Notts especially after going down to ten men, our 6th red card this season. Despite being reduced to 10 men for the majority of the game i believe we were the better side when we were on and off the ball. Initially I thought that three at the back would cause us a problem, however it seems we coped well with the change and I for one would like to see that formation played again. Good to see Arquin & Zoko playing up front together even though it lasted only 25 minutes or so. Some areas I thought we needed to work on are Bart's kicking and shooting. Several fairly easy chances were not taken. Anyway, there were plenty of positives, a great point against a team well above us in the table, a great team effort on and off the pitch and also a high attendance so hopefully a bit more money towards the 70K we need to pay off.

Very happy Notts fan after the game, you pies!

Oh and the linesman towards the family end was clueless!

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I was amazed the game went ahead, I had resigned myself to another football-less afternoon. It was very cold and when we went 1-0 down in the first few minutes I began to wonder why I bothered, when Zoko got sent off I imagined we were in for a big defeat but credit to the ten men they worked their socks off for a very good draw. As someone else has said I forgot at times that we only had 10 men, when the kop started to sing "we've only got ten men" I thought "oh yeah, that's right we have". Great performance.

My man of the match was Bishop, he ran himself into the ground. Well done that lad.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Wasnt a bad game and got better towards the end, so at least it was a draw in the end.

It was looking like we were going to lose, but as we pulled it back late on it gave notts players and fans more hope.

Archived