Robin Hood Festival

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

I will be travelling up to this on Wednesday with the wife & kids & just wondered if anyone has ever been before and what can we expect?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Never been, though I know people who have and all mentioned how good it was. Just an awkward location to get for us, so we haven't ever acted upon the recommendation. Have a good time @Northants Pie :)

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

I've never been either but have heard good things.Hope you all have a good day out and the rain keeps off.

I've never been either but have heard good things.Hope you all have a good day out and the rain keeps off.

Thankfully we only had a couple of short showers, otherwise it was a brilliant day out, the kids absolutely loved it, well we all did, I implore all of you who have never been to go especially if you have kids. The jousting and fighting was a really enjoyable end to a very good day, they have hit the nail on the head when it comes to crowd participation, especially the young ones who made Sherwood Forest ring out with chants of 'Robin, Robin'.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Sounds like you all had a really good day out @NorthantsPie :thumbsup:

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,234
  • Days Won:  69

Thankfully we only had a couple of short showers, otherwise it was a brilliant day out, the kids absolutely loved it, well we all did, I implore all of you who have never been to go especially if you have kids. The jousting and fighting was a really enjoyable end to a very good day, they have hit the nail on the head when it comes to crowd participation, especially the young ones who made Sherwood Forest ring out with chants of 'Robin, Robin'.

I bet you made a bit of noise too @Northants Pie.Glad you all enjoyed the day.

I bet you made a bit of noise too @Northants Pie.Glad you all enjoyed the day.

Yeah just a little... ha ha

It is already pencilled in for next year, hopefully we'll find a cheap place to stay nearby so that we can make the most of all that is going on, if you get chance next year you should go & take the Grandkids they will love it 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

If there's any pubs near by Super might go, otherwise there is no chance. You will have to report back buddy!

If there's any pubs near by Super might go, otherwise there is no chance. You will have to report back buddy!

As it is only quite literally a stones throw from Edwinstowe there are plenty of pubs and places to eat, now @super_ram you have no excuses not to go..... ha ha

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

never been but sounds good, is this the one they promote around the city centre?

never been but sounds good, is this the one they promote around the city centre?

I have got no idea but I would imagine so due to it being 'put on' by Notts council

Archived