Favourite Childrens Programmes

Chris

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

Yes I wonder what future generations will make of Telly Tubbies and a few others

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Well seen as our generation already think Tellytubbies is silly, future generations will probably think the same.

Others like it well... i guess how they develop as times go on depends on that. Abit like "Bill and Ben" and "Bananas in pajamas"... oh and also "The Herbs"(i remembered as Parsley) and alot more ....... They have all gone animated and talk unlike some of the originals, some people may like them but i think they would get more of an audience keeping them how they used to be.

Updated versions of old favourites rarely come up to expectations. Kids will most likely never have seen oriiginal versions so it's older viewers who are disappointed.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Some things make sense to move on from, after all nothing can continue for ever, but what annoys me about the above conversation. Well young toddlers etc get used to watching something like 'Roly Mo' or 'The Tweenies' but they scrap it and often replace it with something very similar. I think it's pretty hard on young developing minds because I recall how sad Jake became when he was little, after Roly Mo stopped.

They should continue decent shows which aid children, bringing something new out much later on. It's like 3-4 years of a show, then a new one is automatically replaced as 'Popular'.

Ava's lucky - Barney is around for what appears to be forever.

Very true Joe.

Barney isn't on tv anymore but its still available on different sites along with netflix. Although its also widely seen in kids comics still and available on youtube, so shes not exactly missing out on it. I know what i'll be doing for her birthday cake in july lol

It's funny how past birthday cakes give us a reminder of what were favourites of Joe,Will and the grandkids.It was a pity my last birthday cake was eaten so quickly.It was quite a masterpiece(and tasty).

It's funny how past birthday cakes give us a reminder of what were favourites of Joe,Will and the grandkids.It was a pity my last birthday cake was eaten so quickly.It was quite a masterpiece(and tasty).

Yeah they do remind you of what they liked at that age, although Jake did originally want another pirate cake but i managed to get him to think of something else.

Your cake was nice, and that isn't because i made it. I had fun making Ellies peppa pig one this year but it was eaten very quickly. I'm looking forward to making Jakes in a few days.

They always change what they like soo much and its hard to keep track sometimes... but they do tend to keep a favourite for years when they are younger.

Its a shame the cakes are eaten as they look so good and could be mounted and put on display.There's no chance of that with the kids staking claim to which part of the cake they want. :)

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  1

harry is already telling me what he wants on next year's cake. i wouldn't mind but by next year it will probably be another programmme or character he is obsessed with. at the moment he is all about nursery rhymes and want's Humphtey dumpty....only because he has been learning all these at nursery....all he seems to do at the moment is go around singing all these new nursery rhymes to himself and anyone who will listen!<br /><br />his new favorite programmes/films are 'harry potter' and 'pink panther'

I do enjoy making the the cakes, but yeah it is a shame to eat them. I always have photos of them all to remember... I think i can guess what Ava will want though.

The image you sent us of Jake's cake looks brilliant-can't wait to sample a piece.

Now what will, Ava choose for her cake- er,let me think-how about BARNEY :)

Well she told me earlier... What does the above have to do with children's programmes? No, No.. I'm being distracted, she didn't say that. Quit it - you've been warned ;)

No she said 'I love you, you love me - We're a happy family', sadly I realized after she was indeed talking to Barney.

Barney will of course go down as Ava's first love :D

barney is a childs program so its on topic. if i linked a video of barney you wouldnt get ava off the site.

Yeah , Shut up Joe,we get back to the original subject eventually and I will be warning you when you go off topic. So there. :P

Yeah , Shut up Joe,we get back to the original subject eventually and I will be warning you when you go off topic. So there. :P

Yeah, yeah... we'll see huh? Barney is a children's programme but barely fits the discussion. Actually, embed a video Cheeky. Get her on!

Whatever happened to Tigger? Winnie.. she once loved them :/

That was Ellie who loved tigger, she still does but trys to use the excuse of not wanting to sleep in her room because of the tiggers on her walls.

So kids use  programmes as an excuse to sleep somewhere else. I used programmes as an excuse to stay up when I was young. It didn't.t work very often though.

It doesn't work very often with Ellie either, i think its mainly she doesn't want to sleep in a room on her own... she likes either Jake in her room or her in Jakes. She'd love to sleep in my room, but i don't let her lol

As far as i remember... i used to want to stay up to watch something.... like you said.

I was allowed to stay up longer on Fridays and Saturdays or whenever there was no school the next day                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     There used to be a programme on Saturday nights called-'Saturday Spectacular' which was basically a variety show. It started off with dancers(boring),then a compere came on with a bit of chat , then he'd introduce the first act. This would be anything- a conjurer, plate spinning, acrobats, knife thrower, contortionist or some other speciality act. Then there would usually be one of my favourites- a comedian. The show , I think , lasted a hour and always ended with a top of the bill singer .This was often the latest American hitmaker and was another highlight of my Saturday night.

Sunday nights had-'Sunday Night at the London Palladium' another variety show but with 'Beat the clock'- where contestants participated in silly games. This shows finale was also usually the latest American singing sensation. I remember seeing Buddy Holly on this-This wont mean much to the younger site members but,  boy, was I excited at the time.I think Nottsjoe will understand what I mean. :):thumbsup:

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I can remember Sunday Night at the London Palladium it's amazing to think that Bruce Forsythe is still on prime time television after all these years.

The Tiller Girls stick on my memory, must be those long legs and of course the turntable at the end where all the stars stood on it while it turned round and they waved to the audience as the credits rolled.

The Tiller Girls, eh, Tony.Bet you also remember Legs and Co and Pan's People :)

I have noticed they are now doing bedtime hours on most childrens programmes, but they are generally around 6pm when most kids go to bed between 7 and 8pm on school nights.

Record them and fool 'em, I'm sure neither will cotton onto this until it's too late. Whhaha haha :D

Just recording the bedtime hour adverts and songs would be more useful than the actual programs they put on in the hour.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

The Tiller Girls, eh, Tony.Bet you also remember Legs and Co and Pan's People :)

Oh yes, I definitely remember them. :hyper:

Archived