Shaun Harrod signs

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

On a short term deal until January.

Not sure about this one but I trust SD to make the right decisions.

What does everyone else think?

Supporter+

Another 30 plus player? My friends call us Notts Retirement Home. Not far off.....

He has always had the ability to cause problems, from what i've heard his issues that have stopped him progressing are away from the game, hopefully he has now got a grip on these.

Also his goal ratio is a very good return at any level especially the pro level, take the following players as a guide, all of the others mentioned are ones you expect to get goals prolifically.

Shaun Harrad 407 games, 109 games, Ratio 1 in 3.73

Mark Stallard  502 games, 142 goals, Ratio 1 in 3.53 

Paul Heffernan 362 games, 107 goals, Ratio 1 in 3.38

Lee Hughes 639 games, 283 goals, Ratio 1 in 2.25

I think this is a fairly useful signing. Harrad isn't the most inspirational or dramatic of captures but he offers a sound pedigree, some decent experience, necessary guile & awareness (lacking in Murray & Waite) and as cover for Murray we could do a lot worse IMO.

Welcome back Shaun, good luck.

It will be good to see someone trying to get into the box and perhaps teaming up with Cassidy, I feel for Jake as he's a runner and a pro athlete but he's never going to score being so isolated.

I think Shaun Harrod offers us something and let's face it, he can be on a lot.

Worth the gamble.

Archived