Cost of being a Notts Fan

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Being entertained at Meadow Lane comes at a considerable cost for Notts County fans.

The majority of other clubs in League One offer cheaper match day tickets, with the Magpies' lowest priced at £22.

Only Leyton Orient, Bristol City (both £23) and Yeovil Town (£25) charge more on the gate for their most basic seats, according to the BBC Price of Football survey.

Rochdale, in comparison, have tickets on sale for as little as £15.

The most Notts charge on match day is £24, considerably less than Colchester's £30 – the most expensive in the division.

The prices though, do bump up the cost of a day out watching the Magpies.

Shelling out for a programme (£3), pie (£2.70) and cup of tea (£1.80) on top of the best priced match day ticket comes to £29.50.

That is still only slightly above the average of £28.21, though is the fourth most expensive in the division – Leyton Orient (£30), Bristol City (£31.20) and Yeovil (£33) being placed above them, in keeping with their ticket prices.

Read Here

Is this the price of trying to create success? Are we just supporting our club? Should the prices be lower? What impact does this have on our fan base?

Thoughts?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i thought the same was said last year? supporting notts is expensive, if we had more fans attending perhaps the cost would be reduced. i see at as giving and taking a little, without the support we will struggle but without flexible prices it does impact.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

The club should look to what other sides in our league are doing in terms of their pricing structure, many like myself will opt for season tickets (bench membership) which is a fair offer. It all comes down to getting fans inside meadow lane at the end of the day.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Think it's a bit poor that the cheapest matchday at Meadow Lane is actually more expensive than that over the river. And we wonder why we can't get more people through the gates? Pains me to say it but in this day and age people will always go for the bigger club in a higher league that's more popular, especially if it turns out cheaper than the nearest alternative, albeit by a few quid. But it's catch 22 isn't it? Fans still demand a competetive side on the pitch, and we're not lucky enough to have an owner willing to throw more of his own fortune at the club. Ray does enough plugging the gaps every year as it is. We can't go any cheaper, and that sadly is the position English football has got itself into. It's not just us, it's the whole league structure. It's in a posiiton whereby it'll be impossible to go as cheap as other European leagues while maintaining such a high standard during the transition. Unless every player and manager agreed to an 80% pay cut for a few years, which won't happen.

Always an interesting survey this though. We're not as bad as some othes. Think a Colchester season ticket actually cost 500 quid last season! What on earth are Blackburn on charging 50 quid for a shirt? What are Kidderminster on charging £4.50 for a pie? And why are so many clubs charging over 2 quid for a brew!? Ridiculous.

To be honest, this just fuels my love for non league football every year. It's cheap and cheerfull. But then, look at it this way: it's £11 for an adult to watch a home league game at Weymouth. For an extra 8 quid you could watch Borrussia Dortmind. Crazy. Somewhere along the line, English football has got it badly, BADLY wrong

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

To be honest, this just fuels my love for non league football every year. It's cheap and cheerfull. But then, look at it this way: it's £11 for an adult to watch a home league game at Weymouth. For an extra 8 quid you could watch Borrussia Dortmind. Crazy. Somewhere along the line, English football has got it badly, BADLY wrong

For me there are two main reasons for why it is so different to pretty much all other European leagues, the first being that we have five reasonably well supported leagues so the supporter split is much more divided, the second and most important is that the German FA actually run the football in Germany, NOT the CEO of some jumped up company that was created for several FA bosses to get rich quick and the money is properly divided between ALL of the leagues.

Football will only ever change in this country when the Premier League goes bust and several teams go out of business as the deal that was signed by the FA & the Premier league is such that if the premier league vote to separate completely from the FA and all other leagues and the vote comes back in favour then it will be on it's own, hence why that knob-end who is the mouth piece for the FA at the minute (Greg Dyke) keeps coming up with hair-brained ideas like the recent premier league B teams crap

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  16

When you look at the rest of Europe, you see just how greedy our leagues, especially the PL are

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Ok, so who is greedy here?

The players wanting the best money they can get? I always look to do the same...

The biggest clubs using there wealth to get the best players?

The premier league and its clubs for wanting the biggest payday from TV?

The fans wanting to be able to watch live football 7 days a week?

Football has changed, not always for the worst, but in many ways... IMO the game itself was always the working mans sport, homemade stools for kids to see over the walls, rattles some of them home made, not many fans wore "colours"... the sport tailored itself to the means of its market....

I have copied a piece from sportskeeda, and it says it all for me:

Save the odd exception here and there, the footballing world and transfer market are like society today. As Karl Marx so rightly put it, “The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer.†The transfer market is like a free enterprise capitalist society, where the big clubs that deal in tens of millions of pounds call the shots, and the small, poor clubs have no way of protecting themselves from being looted of their talent. To quote the Bible, “For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.†That is the ugly truth about life. And that is the ugly truth about club football.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  732
  • Days Won:  3

It is very expensive going to games not just in our league. I think this season the club can be praised for what they have and are trying to achieve, I suspect the only people who would complain are those who do not attend for whatever reason.

There is a lot of greed with these privileged people, none more so in the premiership by they get propped up by silly rights.

Games in our league should cost no more than £18.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

My first season ticket at Derby cost £5.It's still one of the cheapest at The IPro.

Ok, so who is greedy here?

The players wanting the best money they can get? I always look to do the same...

The biggest clubs using there wealth to get the best players?

The premier league and its clubs for wanting the biggest payday from TV?

The fans wanting to be able to watch live football 7 days a week?

Football has changed, not always for the worst, but in many ways... IMO the game itself was always the working mans sport, homemade stools for kids to see over the walls, rattles some of them home made, not many fans wore "colours"... the sport tailored itself to the means of its market....

I have copied a piece from sportskeeda, and it says it all for me:

Save the odd exception here and there, the footballing world and transfer market are like society today. As Karl Marx so rightly put it, “The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer.†The transfer market is like a free enterprise capitalist society, where the big clubs that deal in tens of millions of pounds call the shots, and the small, poor clubs have no way of protecting themselves from being looted of their talent. To quote the Bible, “For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.†That is the ugly truth about life. And that is the ugly truth about club football.

Which is the sole point for a regulatory body

• Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

My first season ticket at Derby cost £5.It's still one of the cheapest at The IPro.

£5 is still too much to watch Derby for a season  :lol: Of course I don't mean it, but you made it too easy for me!

I'm lucky enough to be able to afford to get a season ticket and travel from Brum, but it's obvious that a lot of people are priced out.  It's a shame, and Notts are not certainly to blame for the whole situation (although it could be argued more could be done).  These reports always make me envious of the Germans, Borussia Dortmund with an average attendance of 80,000 last season with rock bottom prices.  I think it was the BBC that was saying around 1,000 English fans travel over a week just to watch them, and that the whole trip (tickets, travel, hotel) make it cheaper or atleast equal to watching a Premier League game. It's certainly food for thought for the FA and the PL

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

There was an article in one of the national newspapers yesterday saying that the premier league are considering scrapping Saturday 3pm kick offs altogether, such is the demand from the TV companies like Sky and BT Sport for broadcasting rights. Again, sod the supporters who are the lifeblood of the game we'll do our own thing to make an extra few quid!

One day the premiership will crash and burn. That'll be a glorious day. That's when we'll get OUR game back

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

let them go ahead I say...

Then just perhaps some of those fans might look for Saturday afternoon entertainment elsewhere...

Leicster fans welcome here, just wear black n white.

There was an article in one of the national newspapers yesterday saying that the premier league are considering scrapping Saturday 3pm kick offs altogether, such is the demand from the TV companies like Sky and BT Sport for broadcasting rights. Again, sod the supporters who are the lifeblood of the game we'll do our own thing to make an extra few quid!

One day the premiership will crash and burn. That'll be a glorious day. That's when we'll get OUR game back

I genuinely look forward feverishly to when this happens, for me I wouldn't allow any of the premiership teams back into the league, I'd make the conference league two and make the premiership clubs start in the northern counties / evo stick leagues.

I am though surprised that a breakaway / alternative FA hasn't been set up, also AGAIN as if to prove my point about the FA & Premier League why aren't they being told no, no and no again?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I've never understand why the premiership have a say on football league matters, yet it's not a two way street.

Premiership managers will always sway the majority of the F.A votes.

The premiership won't die, it will remain.

Archived