Notts County vs Crawley Town

Chris

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

3-2 to Notts, hanging on for long periods????

we want 5, we want 5, we want 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I was talking to fans during the send half kick off, one told me they had scored. @4everapie then told me. I said we needed to score a 4th before their second! Guess what?

They scored, nerves set in. Our disallowed got us going but we got it in the end.

Game on!

the canuck, makes his debut

we want 6 we want 6 we want 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Well what a game that was! I've not been that excited at a Notts match for years. brilliant attacking play but when it went to 3-2 I though "oh no here we go again" but we came good again for a well deserved win.

Before the match I was undecided whether to give it a miss because I'm suffering from a bad case if man flu and feel lousy but I'm so glad I made the effort.

Well done Notts you've made my day a lot brighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

And wasn't it great to see two wingers bombing down the wings, beating there man and getting great crosses in.

I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Great day for all. Zeli looked excellent first half, but like the team, was under the cosh 2nd half. Well took goal though. Thompson was superb and deserved the hat trick.

Jones and Noble strong in the middle. Derry showed lots of passion as usual. Loved the way he smashed his water bottle when their third went in.

@notts-joe I hope you got some good photos. Ill have to see if I'm in any of them. Sorry I couldn't get across the shop. The closest I got was in the que, but you were asking an old gentlemen about his memories of Notts and it would have been rude to interrupt him.

I know one thing now though.

I heard you introduce yourself to him. We share the same first name!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  16

Well done Pies, who knows? Millers v Pies in the Championship 2015/16? stranger things have happened!!!

Great day for all. Zeli looked excellent first half, but like the team, was under the cosh 2nd half. Well took goal though. Thompson was superb and deserved the hat trick.

Jones and Noble strong in the middle. Derry showed lots of passion as usual. Loved the way he smashed his water bottle when their third went in.

@notts-joe I hope you got some good photos. Ill have to see if I'm in any of them. Sorry I couldn't get across the shop. The closest I got was in the que, but you were asking an old gentlemen about his memories of Notts and it would have been rude to interrupt him.

I know one thing now though.

I heard you introduce yourself to him. We share the same first name!

You wasn't with your son was you? (if you don't have a son please forgive me, I seem to believe you do) I noticed a fella with a lad about (10 years old with a baseball cap). He kept looking and smiling, around the same time the gentleman was talking to me.

Interesting chat with the gentleman, I didn't really get him at first. I thought he was talking to someone else at first, I also spoke very quietly it seemed as he didn't hear me all that well but I enjoy meeting people like him. The things our fans have to say really fascinate me, which he seemed to have a lot to say about watching Notts in the good old days.

Yeah you now know my secret, although it's not a very well kept. I thought when I started PoN I could still lurk and go about my visits quietly, you soon meet people and get to know fans.

To say I used to arrive at ML and just go home (without speaking to anyone). Not many friendly fans where I used to sit in the Pavis to speak with, majority seemed to be very bitter but then again I have changed a lot. It would have been nice to say hello, as I say it gets me talking to people and I really like that. This is coming from someone who'd never have thought I'd be like I am. :P

I shouldn't double post but hey ho...

I felt the game started very lively, it seemed for awhile Crawley was going to make a game out of it but then we scored. I thought from there they might react but they didn't and we went 2-0 up. Then not long after we scored another, at this point I thought we might get a few before the break and to be fair, we did miss at least two perfect goal scoring opportunities but I won't be greedy.

As I said, I only saw their second goal but I frustrated and nervous. The lads did everything right until they came back out and the defending was woeful, nobody can dress that up but character was shown by getting our fourth.

Very entertaining game! I felt the crowd was superb and it's the electric feeling I miss from Meadow Lane, which I do feel we had today.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

What a Day for Myself.

10:00am: Settle in nicely for a good game V Crawley (They we're pretty close to us in the League)

10:09am - 10:45am: When was the last time we had 3 in the 1st half? on Cloud Nine

11:07am - 11:15am: Thought the Sky was falling

11:22am - 11:53am; Back on Cloud Nine

3:00 - 5:00pm: Back to earth with a cold bump ( 7oC, Wet, Windy, Miserable) Ottawa Fury lost 2-0

7:00pm - 10:00pm Back on Cloud Nine as the Ottawa Senators Hockey won 3 - 2 and are on top of our Divition

So 2 for 1. I'll Take that 

CCOOMMEEEEE OONNN YYOOUUUU PPIIEEESS 

CCOOMMEEEEE OONNN YYOOUUUU FFUURRRYYYYYY

GO SENS GO

Introducing PoN's - Meet the Fans - Aftermath!

I headed to the navi to find out what the fans post match thoughts were, apologies about the quality I need to master this.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qvhEjkRmkY

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

You wasn't with your son was you? (if you don't have a son please forgive me, I seem to believe you do) I noticed a fella with a lad about (10 years old with a baseball cap). He kept looking and smiling, around the same time the gentleman was talking to me.

Interesting chat with the gentleman, I didn't really get him at first. I thought he was talking to someone else at first, I also spoke very quietly it seemed as he didn't hear me all that well but I enjoy meeting people like him. The things our fans have to say really fascinate me, which he seemed to have a lot to say about watching Notts in the good old days.

Yeah you now know my secret, although it's not a very well kept. I thought when I started PoN I could still lurk and go about my visits quietly, you soon meet people and get to know fans.

To say I used to arrive at ML and just go home (without speaking to anyone). Not many friendly fans where I used to sit in the Pavis to speak with, majority seemed to be very bitter but then again I have changed a lot. It would have been nice to say hello, as I say it gets me talking to people and I really like that. This is coming from someone who'd never have thought I'd be like I am. :P

Yep. We were in the que. Ben's actually only 6 but he has something called Marfans disease. It means his bones grow a lot longer and quicker, but the muscle tissue doesn't. Silly things.that you wouldn't think of such as his eyes. He is nearly blind on a bad day due the muscles in his eyes meaning the lenses slip, but he still likes to go and try to see some of the match and enjoy the atmosphere. He'll be 6ft 4 at least when fully grown. Not a major issue now as he loves fast rides so he can sneak on being taller! The real issues begin when he hits comp as we all know how nasty kids can be when somebody stands out, and he'll be a lot taller than most.

Next time I'll hang around to say hello, but all Ben wanted to do was get his new hat and get to his seat.to wave at Mr and Mrs Magpie!!!

Yep. We were in the que. Ben's actually only 6 but he has something called Marfans disease. It means his bones grow a lot longer and quicker, but the muscle tissue doesn't. Silly things.that you wouldn't think of such as his eyes. He is nearly blind on a bad day due the muscles in his eyes meaning the lenses slip, but he still likes to go and try to see some of the match and enjoy the atmosphere. He'll be 6ft 4 at least when fully grown. Not a major issue now as he loves fast rides so he can sneak on being taller! The real issues begin when he hits comp as we all know how nasty kids can be when somebody stands out, and he'll be a lot taller than most.

Next time I'll hang around to say hello, but all Ben wanted to do was get his new hat and get to his seat.to wave at Mr and Mrs Magpie!!!

I'm sorry, I forgot you mentioned some of this before.

That's understandable, he seemed very happy with the hat. :)

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,470
  • Days Won:  5

The result was the important part of yesterdays performance.

It was nearly undone but overall we did deserve the win. Thompson looked a natural upfront, he literally won everything and contributed well. Pleased, I am now looking forward to Barnsley.

• Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

it was not very notts like yesterday, i mean this in a good way.

nice to see us put 6 past their keeper, only if 5 counted.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

We played some very good football, it was joyful seeing wingers take on their man and I agree with what @tonyhateley commented.

It became somewhat daunting but notts never looked out of the game, two quick goals for crawley got us to respond in the way the fans will want. We could have had 8 if not more!

Here's the highlights folks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTe2YOtMPMo

Which was the best goal? Try and name just one... Go on ;)

For me Crawley's second... that one touch took our defence out of the game completely

Archived