Trip to Leicester

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Yesterday we decided to have a spontaneous trip to Leicester, which turned out to be very pleasant despite the rain back home. Now we was thinking of going to Newark again, perhaps surprise some family members which I haven't seen for awhile but I felt this would be unfair to my Aunt Daisy (not really my aunt but my Grandfathers Sister).

On the train we met and spoke to a conductor called "Martin".

He really took a shine to our children, especially @super_pie which I will add really helped cheer him up. Martin told Jake some jokes, he asked some questions between doing his job. He seemed very interested and pleased to see a family of "Notts County" fans traveling to Leicester.

Now one of the questions he asked went like.... "Notts County receive a special and very expensive gift each year without delay, do you know what it is?"

He then told Jake the story about Juventus and the famous "Black & White Shirt".

The answer to the question was each year Juventus donate a signed shirt by every player so that Notts can auction it off for charity. Now, I do recall hearing about this but I thought it was a one off. Just very interesting to see the story told and having met someone very kind like Martin.

Is this true? Anyone heard it? Thoughts and Opinions?

@Italian Magpies @erindoors - Can you shed any light on this? I am really interested in this. We're hoping to track Martin down and keep in contact.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

If it is every year, then that is a wonderful gift from Juve'

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i doubt you will find out for sure but it would be a nice gesture if true. if only we could get them down ml, that would be a massive boost to the budget!

I would say, we would likely get close to selling out

• Content Count:  174
  • Days Won:  2

Yesterday we decided to have a spontaneous trip to Leicester, which turned out to be very pleasant despite the rain back home. Now we was thinking of going to Newark again, perhaps surprise some family members which I haven't seen for awhile but I felt this would be unfair to my Aunt Daisy (not really my aunt but my Grandfathers Sister).

On the train we met and spoke to a conductor called "Martin".

He really took a shine to our children, especially @super_pie which I will add really helped cheer him up. Martin told Jake some jokes, he asked some questions between doing his job. He seemed very interested and pleased to see a family of "Notts County" fans traveling to Leicester.

Now one of the questions he asked went like.... "Notts County receive a special and very expensive gift each year without delay, do you know what it is?"

He then told Jake the story about Juventus and the famous "Black & White Shirt".

The answer to the question was each year Juventus donate a signed shirt by every player so that Notts can auction it off for charity. Now, I do recall hearing about this but I thought it was a one off. Just very interesting to see the story told and having met someone very kind like Martin.

Is this true? Anyone heard it? Thoughts and Opinions?

@Italian Magpies @erindoors - Can you shed any light on this? I am really interested in this. We're hoping to track Martin down and keep in contact.

Unfortunately, this is not true. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Unfortunately, this is not true. 

That's a shame, it made a good story though.

Dang, pity it wasn't true.... @notts-joe you need to track Martin down, filling the lads head with tosh ;)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i thought they had when we almost went bust? tho it might have been to the trust.

Archived