Kasper Schmeichel gets goal height checked

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Good old Kasper had the cross bar height checked ahead of Leicesters defeat by the hands of Swansea.

10014589_10153541689125961_2474670315885

Very amusing story, surely he can tell the difference being stuck between the posts. I would have thought clubs would check to make sure everything was okay when they visit, so this is just very odd.

The Blue Army's travelling support was treated to the peculiar sight of officials checking the size of the goalposts ahead of City's Premier League clash with Swansea at the weekend.

And City stopper Kasper Schmeichel may well have considered having checked again as the Foxes went down 2-nil to their Welsh rivals, courtesy of two goals in either half from Ivorian striker Wilfried Guemiand.

During their pre-match warm-up at the Liberty Stadium, City's goalkeeping team became suspicious that the goals were too big and raised the issue with officials.

However, a quick check confirmed their height at the regulation eight feet and the game kicked off as scheduled.

Speaking after the game, manager Nigel Pearson said: "The keepers felt they looked big. Garry Monk's had enough controversy recently, so it was prudent to check it out, it was quite light-hearted."

Thoughts?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i do respect him but he is acting very odd recently, its not just this. he seems to have some sort of problems, in one of the last games he kept arguing with himself. this could be something to blame but it looks more to me.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  732
  • Days Won:  3

Suspicious? Paranoid, Light-hearted? It's called calling swansea cheats.

Clearly he is looking for excuses and reasons to blame. He will ask the ball to be checked next! lmao

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  904
  • Days Won:  3

Reminds me of a spilt brat.

Yet there must have been something or else why would the officials waste time checking? Very bizarre.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

default.jpg?h=90&w=120&sigh=__RmwFXBnHl3

Reminds me of this at the BBG

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

default.jpg?h=90&w=120&sigh=__RmwFXBnHl3

Reminds me of this at the BBG

What happened there?

Kasper had every right to question it, yet it does look bad for the foxes. It does send a negative message!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Its quite strange and silly in my opinion. It would of looked even worse when they checked and they were correct.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Not as bizarre as the press coverage made out. In the 80's, running the line in the Northern Prem (in an emergency) I was at Workington vs. Macclesfield for a night match. we got there about 75 minutes before KO and as usual the match officials went out to the middle. The ref (John Lawson) looked at both goals and thought there was something wrong. he asked the groundsman to come out and measure the heights. One was 7' 9" and the other 8' 3". Oh dear!

Reason was that at one end the pitch had gradually been worn away and at the other end, endless reseeding and putting sand on to soak up the moisture had raised ground level. The posts don't move, but the height of the ground can, up or down.

We then put it to Macc that we couldn't play, unless they wanted to.

Of course they did, as the difficulties of re-arranging non-league fixtures in mid-week at that distance are enormous. Macc won 1-0 (they got promoted to the Conference that season). The irony being the goal was scored into the smaller goal.

Worky were fined and told to sort it out, before they played another game.

Depending on how accurate the measurment is, I doubt there are any goals that technically comply with the rule. After all, to do that the goal line would have to be perfectly flat and so would the crossbar. All crossbars sag a little. the question is, what is the margin of error alowed. We flet a 6" difference from one end to the other in the middle of the goal was unacceptable at that level. It would be interesting to know what the measurements at Swansea actually were, and did they measure it at several places or just by the posts, which is likely to be the place the height is most likely to be correct?

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

Reminds me of a spilt brat.

Yet there must have been something or else why would the officials waste time checking? Very bizarre.

That is my view on this also.

Kasper is a great talent but he spoils it by acting up. You want to see him make a mistake and kick off at his team mates, very poor attitude that lad.

Archived