Unsung Heroes

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

We have a squad full of players who give their all, some perhaps not the best in ability and others have age against them but this hasn't stopped them from chipping in.

At the start of the season we wanted a keeper, either a backup or starter. Enter Roy Carroll who's no doubt became icon, in defence we have Haydn Hollis and from there we vastly have squad full of contenders for the "hero" title. Gary Jones, Alan Smith, Garry Thompson and Liam Noble to name a few.

However, who are the unsung heroes of our squad? Who for you gives 100% and gets over looked?

Who makes a difference, commits to the cause and provides that underestimated, undervalued piece of the jigsaw?

I'd like you to name that player, tell us who it for you.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Greg Abbott

Naturally Shaun will get all the plaudits as Manager, but (it pains me to say) a great deal of the success Shaun has already had, is down to the unending support Greg gives him!!

Happy to be wrong

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I would agree with that @PTID1862, Greg has added an old head with experience to Shaun youthful enthusiasm, it is certainly turning into a "dream ticket". Sitting where I do near the dugouts I often see Greg helping to calm Shaun down and having a word in his ear now again.

I also think that Greg has added his unique brand of humour which I am sure makes the club a really happy place to be and this must help the overall team spirit.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I think Muzzy D has made a big difference this year. Last year he was in and out of form and the team. A lot of people could see the attacking side of his game, but struggled to see his defensive capabilities, to the point of asking for him to play on the wing!

This season he has been solid when defending and attacking. Turns in good performances week in and week out. Now an asset imo.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Curtis Thompson for me.

I don't want a debate starting here (feel free to start a new topic)

When he plays you can see he tries and he has improved, no questions are asked by home and he puts his body on the line. Regardless of errors, all players do. He emulates what we want, what we like and given time perhaps confidence and game time will help.

He has ability, watch him train to see this.

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i think harrad is underrated, even so by sd. he does well when he comes on, he would be one i would highlight.

also adams seems to be undervalued, tho i would probably say the most is gary jones. he gets a lot of stick, even when he does do things right. i dont get the understanding behind backing players who solely score but this guy gives his all. quality player and deserves much more credit.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

@hissingdwarf @notts-joe @liampie all good calls.

I would have to say Dumbuya (Muzzy) also, he has done all thats been asked this season.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

The french player who provided murray his goal, i though hes done well when he has played.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

Haydn Hollis, hes done well to get the amount of appearances so far.

Good upcoming player!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  1

I think Greg is starting to get the credit he deserves, but I think that Haydn Hollis and Liam Noble don't always get recognised for the effort they both put in

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

someone said mike edwards and i agree, i also think @lewisncfc is spot on with his opinion.

all three have done well for us.

Archived